Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dynon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
F16ftrplt(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Dynon Reply with quote

I am thinking about a Dynon for my Nanchang. Last year I saw a Chang with D-10A (the small one) for both front and rear cockpit. From what I understand the D-10A is a stand alone unit but I wonder if the engine can cause electro magnetic interference. Has anyone installed the larger Dynon, the D-100 in a Nanchang? Any advise from the group would be greatly appreciated.

Med

See what's free at AOL.com.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Dynon Reply with quote

Med,
I have a D10 in my 50. Works fine. You probably will need to install the remote gyro in the tail though. I do not get an accurate mag heading using the internal panel mounted unit due to interference. Everything else works fine. Expecially since you are used to ladder from the HUD!
One downside is that having the steam gauge AS just under the left side of the glare sheild on the 50 makes it easier to check approach speeds out of the corner of your eye than having to look back to the center of screen and on the right of that screen.
That's a tail dragger thing though!
How ya been?
chec 6
Doc

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

f16ftrplt(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Dynon Reply with quote

Doc,

Thanks for the info. I am thinking of either the D-10 or the larger D-100 if I can do it within the existing available panel real estate.

All was well till this last weekend when I tripped on a dogie gate and fell flat on my side (Hard wood floor, keys in pocket). Floor OK, Keys not much damage but I managed to get a fracture (non displacement) of my hip bone. I have been immovable since Sunday and not enjoying it at all. I am hoping that I can be mobile by Sun N Fun. I felt so stupid.

Are you going to SNF?

Med

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: