Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVO IFA Prop Information

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RRTRACK(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: IVO IFA Prop Information Reply with quote

I have just installed a new 70" IVO Patriot in-flight adjustable prop on my 912 UL. I need help in
adjusting the pitch range to get the most out of the prop without lugging the engine too much.

What is the best RPM for climb out?
How do I set it up for cruise and not lug the engine too much?

I flew it twice tonight and the IVO was smooth and quite.
My clime rate (at) 1000# take off weight, 1000 MSL, 60 degree OAT, was 1200 FPM.
But the cruise speeds really amazed me. At least a 15 MPH improvement!
115 MPH (at) 5200 RPM (my normal cruise rpm)
125 MPH (at) 5700 RPM (full throttle)
verified with my GPS several times!

Please advise to the best way to use this type of prop.
Thanks,

Mark
Hartford, Wisconsin
Kitfox 5 Vixen 912 UL

See what's free at AOL.com.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
wingsdown(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:39 pm    Post subject: IVO IFA Prop Information Reply with quote

Mark, not sure about your particular engine but all engines have a power band in which they create the most torque. You should be able to get those numbers from Rotax. If you keep the engine in that range you can play with the pitch and throttle to optimize power and cruise. The engine doesn't care what it is turning just what RPM and load it is under. If you begin to lug your engine you should see some unsmooth running and and increase in EGTs and or cylinder head temps. It is always better to run a little faster that to lug the engine. You can build up some pretty dangerous cylinder pressures in a short amount of time. Say 125 is pretty fast for a fox.
[quote]
--

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: