Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lead time for 601 FWF kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geoff Heap

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Lead time for 601 FWF kit Reply with quote

I'd be interested to here from my 601 brothers out there what has been your wait/Lead time for a FWF kit. I've been witing approx 10 weeks so far and I still can't even get an ESTIMATE of when I can get my 701 FWF kit. They have the resources I'm sure. They just don't see a priority here. I'm told that other 701 builders have been waiting longer than me. I have requested that they order my propeller at least and ship that but nothing. Guess they like holding my money. I'm sure they would improve delivery if customers paid 30 days net. Maybe that helps explain why so many kit companies went under. If you get the money first. Whats your incentive to deliver?

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
crvsecretary

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Lead time for 601 FWF kit Reply with quote

Geoff:

I'm probable the LEAST qualified person to answer this post since I have had nothing but excellent service from the factory. But, with a career in customer service and fulfillment, I'll give it a go....

In custom manufacturing, 10 weeks is a blink of an eye. Zenith is tooled up to produce kits, and that is what they do best: a whole bunch of bent-up aluminum in a shipping crate! Don't misunderstand, I am grateful for that as I am sure the raw material sourcing has been done correctly and the parts will be right. These are the same reasons you chose to order an FWF kit as opposed to sourcing everything yourself. Even though this is what they do best, a six to 12 week lead time is not unusual.

BUT, a FWF kit is VERY low production with, I presume, not much material tied up in inventory. So, everything you will get is made specifically for you. This takes LOTS of time since (and this is where I don't necessarily agree with you) this takes resources I am not convinced they have. This is a small business and these is only so many man-hours to go around.

You want to read about supplier nightmares? Go to www.flycorvair.com and read the history there about slow parts deliveries.....from the SUPPLIERS point of view.  I think you'll find the only frustration greater than waiting for parts is the frustration of dealing with people waiting for parts !!!! Everyone suffers.

I hope you see your kit soon.
Good luck.

Tracy Smith
Naugatuck, CT
601xl N458XL (reserved)
do not archive

In a message dated 6/3/2007 11:27:21 AM Eastern Daylight Time, stol10(at)comcast.net writes:
Quote:
--> Zenith-List message posted by: "Geoff Heap" <stol10(at)comcast.net>

I'd be interested to here from my 601 brothers out there what has been your wait/Lead time for a FWF kit. I've been witing approx 10 weeks so far and I still can't even get an ESTIMATE of when I can get my 701 FWF kit. They have the resources I'm sure. They just don't see a priority here. I'm told that other 701 builders have been waiting longer than me. I have requested that they order my propeller at least and ship that but nothing. Guess they like holding my money. I'm sure they would improve delivery if customers paid 30 days net. Maybe that helps explain why so many kit companies went under. If you get the money first. Whats your incentive to deliver?

See what's free at AOL.com.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Geoff Heap

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Re: Lead time for 601 FWF kit Reply with quote

Thanks Tracy and I should have said Brothers and Sisters. However, I work in a production enviroment and am familiar with points you made but we are at the mercy of our customers goodwill and even if we are late or see that we will be late we HAVE to tell the customer up front in the interests of our credibility. So far I have called ZAC 4 times at several week intervals and I have not even a guess at when they can deliver. Actually I,m not really pissed and I do sympathise but I'd like an answer. The majority of the parts are subcrontacted by the way. Why can't they lean on their suppliers? (It's called buisiness) The parts of the kit that come from Zac are generally sawcut and tossed in the box.
By the way I sent a copy to Sebastion.

dwilde(at)clearwire.net

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Lead time for 601 FWF kit Reply with quote

I ordered my firewall forward (for a 701) in February and it took about 90 days. However, I am still waiting for some small parts to complete the order. Zenith has not charged me for the 2nd half of the cost and are not holding any of my money. I assume they will charge my card once the order is complete.

Dan Wilde

Do not archive
Geoff Heap wrote:
Quote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: