Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sentimental Journey at Cub Haven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zodiacjeff(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Sentimental Journey at Cub Haven Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> MARK YOUR CALENDARS...

The 22nd Annual Sentimental Journey to Cub Haven Fly-In will take place June 20, 21, 22, 23, 2007 at the historic William T. Piper Memorial Airport in Lock Haven, PA. The Theme will be 70 years of Piper.

Featured airplanes: J-4 and Comanche PA-24
If flying in, check out the Fly-in Air Ops at:
http://www.sentimentaljourneyfly-in.com/

There are two runways in use, a paved 3500 footer and a parallel grass strip, BUT the state aviation agency gets antsy about simultaneous landings or takeoffs; also, many NORAD a/c in the pattern and they'll fly all day. Only here will you be roused from your tent at 5:30 a.m. by the sound of two or three Kinners in the pattern doing low, wake-you-up flybys.
Wx permitting we usually get a few Zeniths to show up. Ken Lennox should be up from MD, and Ray Blondin may have the hours flown off and be there from DL. You NJ guys are always welcome. If the thunderboomers hold off I'll be there but event regular Wayne Beattie from CT is coming via motorhome.
This is a great fly-in! Flying all day long, good, inexpensive food, free entertainment at night, Hoot Gibson as guest speaker Saturday night, Piper Museum within an easy walk, just laid back fun for aviation enthusiasts.
Join us...jeff
do not archive
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
N601WB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Sentimental Journey at Cub Haven Reply with quote

Let's hope this generates some interest.

It seems funny not agonizing over the weather for Wednesday this year, Usually I'm on the computer every day for a week before I leave.

We'll be blasting off at O'dark thirty Wednesday morning to get through New York before the traffic starts. Should get to LH by late morning taking our time.

If you arrive and we don't see you first, look for a white Winnebago Sightseer with a Beige Honda CRV.

Mon and Dad are looking forward to seeing you as well.

After 10 years of summers parked on the ramp, I finally got hit by serious hail. All horizontal surfaces have little divits including the turtledeck. Very annoying, but then, I feel that I have dodged many storms in the last ten years. Still flies fine. Maybe even better, like a golf ball.

Did my BFR in a J3 last Thursday. What a humbling little bastard that thing is on pavement!

Wayne
[quote] ---

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: