Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woodcomp Prop on Monowheel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carl Pattinson

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Woodcomp Prop on Monowheel Reply with quote

It seems that the PFA is unlikely to agree to the Scimitar blade prop at 1650mm and possibly even the Straight at 1625 as they are both over the the 1575mm of the original prop.

However there are at least two mono Europas operating in the uk currently (this includes Williams plane). I am aware of the rumour that Williams prop was undersize.

I spoke to the factory about the possibility of raising the fuselage height by packing out the rubber suspension block with plywood spacers but they werent very keen. Roger seemed to think that this would overstress the undercarriage somehow.

Note- I am not talking about increasing the distance between the block support plates but merely taking up the space which occurr's when the aircraft is loaded. On our aircraft there is about 1cm of slack when the plane is on the ground. Packing out the gap would probably increase the distance of the prop from the ground by several inches.

It would also increase the deck angle but that wouldnt cause a problem IMHO.

So what am I missing here ?

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Mark Burton

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Re: Woodcomp Prop on Monowheel Reply with quote

Having discussed this topic with Andy Draper this year I think that you will find that the PFA are happy for the 1625mm prop to be fitted to XS monos and tri-gears and to classic tri-gears.

Andy also thought that it would probably be possible to fit it to classic monos as well but that would require someone fitting one and taking the measurements to see if the clearances were acceptable.

Mark

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: