Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Extra stuff needed to complete the 601XL Airframe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PatrickW

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Extra stuff needed to complete the 601XL Airframe Reply with quote

Today I discovered that I need four AN316-5R nuts that are not included in the kit inventory.

Aaargghhh.

Fine. I'll buy them and keep moving forward...

In order to save $$$ on "shipping & handling", I'd like to buy as much of the extra stuff as possible all at the same time.

What do you know of that is needed to complete the 601XL airframe that is NOT included in the kit...?

To start,

1) Four AN316-5R "jam nuts" as seen on 6-W-10 (yeah, I know that local hardware store nuts should be just fine for this specific application, but that's beside the point).
2) What else is missing that is needed to complete the airframe...?
Patrick
XL/Corvair

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
dougsnash(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Extra stuff needed to complete the 601XL Airframe Reply with quote

Patrick, I have found that is is always good to have a few spare AN bolts, uts, and washers kicking around. You might want to consider ordering a parts kit from someone like Spruce. They sell a starter bolt and nut kit for 40-50 dollar I think that has several different sizes in it.

This will help but I gauratee you will still be short the one size "You REALLY need" to complete some future component.

Doug MacDonald
CH-701 Scratch Builder
NW Ontario, Canada

Do not archive

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

naumuk(at)alltel.net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Extra stuff needed to complete the 601XL Airframe Reply with quote

Pat-
Did you buy a kit, or are you scratchbuilding? If you bought a kit,
contact Zenith and they'll supply what's missing
do not archive
Bill Naumuk
HDS Fuse/Corvair
Townville, Pa
---

PatrickW

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Extra stuff needed to complete the 601XL Airframe Reply with quote

naumuk(at)alltel.net wrote:
Did you buy a kit, or are you scratchbuilding?

I'm building from component kits. Feel like I'm on the "home stretch" now with the Fuselage kit sitting in my garage... Very Happy

Zentith has been 100% accurate so far in packing what they say the pack, as there is a shipping list that is included with the individual parts checked off, which I double check.

But in this case I don't think they intended to include the particular nuts, since they don't appear on the pick list. They're just simple "jam nuts", so I think I'll "home depot" them and press on.

Thanks,

Patrick
XL/Corvair

Tim Juhl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Extra stuff needed to complete the 601XL Airframe Reply with quote

The hardware kit that shipped with my kit included 7 jam nuts in total- I suspect you should have received them as Zenith is pretty good about sending everything you need for work called for in the drawings.

Tim

Zodiac XL - Jabiru 3300A
Almost done! It'll fly in spring!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: