Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I still like the Kolb List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
olendorf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: I still like the Kolb List Reply with quote

This is not a sales pitch but since I recently contributed to Matt’s fund raiser I have been thinking about how this list is worth the money to me. Here are a few of the items that came to mind that directly resulted from this list.

I flew the 300 miles to Pennsylvania 3 times. GREAT trips that I will remember forever. Thanks to Terry for setting up the fly-ins to Homer’s farm where I met all the great Kolb flyers. I especially liked meeting Homer Kolb, John Hauck and John Williamson. Also during these trips I attended the Shrevesport North fly-ins which are very well attended and they have a great campground.

There is nothing like flying out of Smoketown airport and seeing Amish farmers plowing behind 6 horses.

Flying in formation with 8 or 9 other Kolbs. Wow, what people on the ground must have thought.

Speaking of great flying places to relocate, I would think about Pennsylvania. Those people sure are nice.

I also get tons of good info on everything from engine maintenance to VGs, and elevator reinforcements. How many lives does this list save each year? I’ll bet it’s more than 2.

I get to see pictures of other Kolb trips. Monument valley, Alaska, Idaho. Where else do you get these?

I’ll be rebuilding my windshield with inspiration from PlaneCrazy’s windshield. I wish I could weld aluminum like that but I can’t so I’ll do what I can.

How many guys are sad for Paul Petty having to sell his Kolbra? Me too.

I could sure use a Beauford story about now.
P.S. Also with my contribution I am getting the Rotax DVD gift. That looks like it might be pretty good.

P.P.S. Regarding the recent bad stuff on the list. This seems to happen every fall/winter. Maybe people are not getting their flying fix. I know I’m not getting mine.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

http://sites.google.com/site/kolbfirestar/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: