Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get a duplicate Airworthness certificate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grantr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: How to get a duplicate Airworthness certificate? Reply with quote

New hobbies lead to new headaches!! As you all know I recently bought a Kolb MK III

I have not taken time to change the registration to my name yet. I am planning on doing it this week however The guy I bough it from lost the airworthiness certificate and the operating limitations.

I talked with the Atlanta FSDO. And they are sending me some forms I need to transfer the registration to my name. I have the FAA bill of sale from the guy and the registration card. Both are signed over to me. They are dated Nov 23 2007. The guy at the FSDO said the nov 23 07 date on the faa bill of sale should be fine since I am not flying the plane. I think he said legally you have 10 days to fly the plane before changing the registration.

Now for the AW and OL He said I would either have to come to the Atlanta office to fill out the necessary paperwork or either contact a DAR to fill out the necessary paper work to get duplicate copies of the AW and OL. I talked to the builder and he verified that he had completed the AW on the plane and gave all of the paperwork over to the guy I bought it from. Also it shows that the AW was complete on the FAA N number search.

Is there a simpler way to get the duplicate copies of the AW and OL?

The plane is registered EAB

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
grantr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: How to get a duplicate Airworthness certificate? Reply with quote

I just talked to Chuck at the Atlanta FSDO and he said once I mail out the registration, I will have a pink copy of that.

Now the part that I am not happy with. He said I will have to schedule an appointment at the Atlanta Office with a FAA inspector. Cant be a DAR. Bring the pink slip and log books and fill out a form I guess a request to get the duplicates for the AW and OL.

I talked to a guy in the Alabama Office and he said I would need to submit a letter to their office explaining the situation and asking for a duplicate AW certificate.

He also told me that each FSDO does the process a little different.

Is there any way to avoid having to go to Atlanta ? I asked if they would mail me the form and they said no.

This is a 3 hr drive one way and I have to work during the week.Sad

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

slyck(at)frontiernet.net

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:17 pm    Post subject: How to get a duplicate Airworthness certificate? Reply with quote

obviously too late, but you should have put the burden on the
seller.... before you bought.

On 7, Jan 2008, at 1:26 PM, grantr wrote:

Quote:

<grant_richardson25(at)yahoo.com>

I just talked to Chuck at the Atlanta FSDO and he said once I mail
out the registration, I will have a pink copy of that.

Now the part that I am not happy with. He said I will have to
schedule an appointment at the Atlanta Office with a FAA inspector.
Cant be a DAR. Bring the pink slip and log books and fill out a
form I guess a request to get the duplicates for the AW and OL.

I talked to a guy in the Alabama Office and he said I would need to
submit a letter to their office explaining the situation and asking
for a duplicate AW certificate.

He also told me that each FSDO does the process a little different.

Is there any way to avoid having to go to Atlanta ? I asked if they
would mail me the form and they said no.

This is a 3 hr drive and I have to work during the week.Sad

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=156559#156559

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: