Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Northeast Spring Formation Clinic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mozam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Northeast Formation Clinic

Hey guys,

Many of us in the Northeast don’t make it to Sun & Fun every year due to the 600+ mile ride each way. So, this year we’re having a Spring Clinic of our own. All you guys in the Carolinas, Tennessee, Georgia, etc., COME ON UP!

RPA Instructors and Check Pilots will be available for anyone needing FAST training. However, the focus of this clinic will be on developing sound Flight Lead fundamentals. This training will be provided to all current and prospective future Flight Leads. The training will geared toward the Leads, but ALL newbie’s and wingmen are welcome. Obviously the Leads need someone to lead!

The Spring Clinic will be at Easton, MD (KESN) located on the scenic eastern shore of Chesapeake Bay. KESN is NOT in the ADIZ, nor do you have to go through it to get there (unless you start out in the ADIZ). The dates are May 2-4. Thursday afternoon arrivals are encouraged because everything begins Friday morning.

KESN has two 100’ wide runways and a new control tower (non-FAA) staffed with almost all prior military controllers who love Yaks and 4-ships on initial for the overhead. They will be riding with us and joining us for “after hours” entertainment, which will include a party Friday night at a great private location on the water.

The Airport Manager is excited about having us and has waived all overnight tie down fees (please don’t divulge this to any non-RPA plane owners), there is a good restaurant on the airport, and the FBO will provide a discount on all fuel.

Jim Meadows has personally inspected and secured a discounted rate ($90) for us at the Comfort Inn only two miles from the airport. It is a clean newer hotel with a Denny’s next door. Call ASAP to get the discounted “RedStar” rate. (410-820-8333).

Jim and I will provide a Suburban and an SUV for attendees’ use, which along with driving our other cars should negate the need for anyone to have to rent a car.

If you haven’t already done so, please let me know if you’re coming as soon as you can. I need an estimate of the numbers for planning purposes. And keep your fingers crossed for good weather!

-Steve Dalton

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
fougapilot

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Mozam,

As always count me in. I should also be able to carry another CJ from the great white north.

Dan

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

skidmk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

count me in... although I'm gonna let Dan "carry me" Very Happy

Skidmk

Mozam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Make sure "Magellan" brings his GPS!! Very Happy

isaligman(at)saligman.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:52 am    Post subject: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

This should be a great event.

Many folks in the Northeast are planning to attend.

This note is for those of you farther south. Easton is a hair farther north than Wash DC.

There is lots of unrestricted and unpopulated flying space in the area.

The event would be a great way to dust off the winter rust and get to know some of us in the great white North

The group organizing the event is very professional and it should be a great event and a great way to get the checkrides out of the way for the season.

Ira Saligman

o 610 940 0420
c 610 324 5500
f 215 243 7699

isaligman(at)Saligman.com (isaligman(at)Saligman.com)
Quote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY" This e-mail message and its attachments (if any) are intended solely for the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this message and the attachments (if any) may contain information that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you are prohibited from reading, disclosing, reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using this transmission. Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right or privilege. If you have received this message in error, please promptly notify the sender by reply e-mail and immediately delete this message from your system. Thank you.

[quote][b]

fougapilot

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Mozam,

Nothing to worry about. Skdmrk is an ATC he can vector me to the runway Wink

lynch(at)NetJets.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

But does he know a Canadian Right Turn from an American Right Turn??

--

skidmk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

hmmmm,,, I"m sensing a story here... should I start calling Dan... magellan?

Vectors?,,, not allowed to vector vfr's, unless they're lost or in need of assistance to insure separation....sounds like something you needed?

Laughing

ChangDriver

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

I used to fly from Martin State. Easton is a great location and the eastern shore is beautiful at that time of year. Good crabs in MD!! I can't make it due to SNF commitments.

Craig W
CJ-6

CJcanuck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Don't worry Skid.. assuming the Rostering God's smile upon me I'll be going to the clinic as well... I'm sure at least one of our combined GPS' will know which way is right!

Mike K

skidmk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:21 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

it would be more fun if all 3 gps's were indicating different directions....lol!!
vectors are for sissy's..... Twisted Evil

Mozam

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

I am reposting this (with some new info) as a reminder to you all about the NE Spring Clinic:

Hey guys,

Many of us in the Northeast don’t make it to Sun & Fun every year due to the 600+ mile ride each way. So, this year we’re having a Spring Clinic of our own. All you guys in the Carolinas, Tennessee, Georgia, etc., COME ON UP! I have responses from more than 20 planes flying in so far! The bigger, the better!

So far, there are at least six RPA Instructors and Check Pilots attending who will be available for anyone needing FAST training (Wing or Lead). However, the primary focus of this clinic will be on developing sound Flight Lead fundamentals. RPA IP’s, Check Pilots and experienced Leads will be flying in your flights (or back seat) and offering techniques, tips, and suggestions (not found anywhere in manuals) to make you a better Lead. The goal is NOT increasing the quantity of Leads, but rather, the quality.

While the training emphasis will geared toward the Leads, ALL newbie’s and wingmen are welcome. Obviously the Leads need someone to lead! ANYONE WANTING FORMATION TRAINING (wing or Lead) IS WELCOME.

The Spring Clinic will be at Easton, MD (KESN) located on the scenic eastern shore of Chesapeake Bay. KESN is NOT in the ADIZ, nor do you have to go through it to get there (unless you start out in the ADIZ). The dates are May 2-4. Thursday afternoon arrivals are encouraged because everything begins Friday morning.

KESN has two 100’ wide runways and a new control tower (non-FAA) staffed with almost all prior military controllers who love Yaks and 4-ships on initial for the overhead. They will be riding with us and joining us for “after hours” entertainment, which will include a party Saturday night at a great private location on the water.

The Airport Manager is excited about having us and has waived all overnight tie down fees (please don’t divulge this to any non-RPA plane owners), there is a good restaurant on the airport, and the FBO will provide a discount on all fuel.

Jim Meadows has personally inspected and secured a discounted rate ($90) for us at the Comfort Inn only two miles from the airport. It is a clean newer hotel with a Denny’s next door. Call ASAP to get the discounted “RedStar” rate. (410-820-8333). This is a tourist area and rooms fill up fast.

Jim and I will provide a Suburban and an SUV for attendees’ use, which along with driving our other cars should negate the need for anyone to have to rent a car. If anyone wants a car the FBO will have them available at a good rate.

While we fly, my wife (the Indian Princess) will provide an Eastern Shore shopping experience for any spouses attending (guard your credit cards!).

If you haven’t already done so, please let me know ASAP if you plan to attend. I need an estimate of the numbers for planning purposes.

And keep your fingers crossed for good weather! Mr. Emperor's Club himself, Charlie Lynch (Client #1), has graciously accepted responsibility for any virginal sacrifices required for good weather. Twisted Evil

-Steve Dalton (Mozam)

fougapilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Mozam,

Thanks for the reminder.

Just made my hotel reservation. Now the only thing we need is good Wx. This will be fun.

Dan

ReadeG(at)Cairnwood.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Mozam,

Thanks for the reminder.

Just made my hotel reservation. Now the only thing we need is good Wx.
This will be fun.

[Reade Genzlinger] The good news is that we're giving Charlie another
chance as Weather Coordinator - he actually pulled through last weekend
with what turned out to be the nicest rainy weekend I've seen in a long
time. It appears that the secret to his success is that he got confused
and brought the virgin with him rather than sacrificing one. Whatever
technique works....

BTW, Olivia is quite well poised and a delight talk to - well done Dad!

Reade

skidmk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Mozam,,,

thanks

made my reservations, for me and GIB (gal in back)

Mozam

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Re: Northeast Spring Formation Clinic Reply with quote

Guys,

We’re less than a month away from our spring clinic (May 2-4). Here’s an update on the latest news:

So far there are 22 planes attending. If you haven’t already done so, please let me know if you’re attending.

We will have at least SEVEN Instructors and Check Pilots at the clinic. There is also a good chance we will have both our RPA President (Darrell “Condor” Gary) and VP (Dave “Talon” McGirt) flying with us! Come meet the Grand Poo-Bah’s in person.

All these IP’s and CP’s will be there to work with all current and future Flight Leads. The goal is to grow our NE culture of excellence with our Lead pilots. Anyone needing Wing training is also welcome.

If you haven’t already done so, CALL THE COMFORT INN (410-820-8333) ASAP to make a reservation. Ask for the RedStar discount. This is a tourist area and rooms fill up FAST in the spring!

I just had a meeting up in the control tower with the Airport Manager, Tower Chief and other controllers. They are all very excited about our event. I explained to the tower guys how we operate (formation take offs, and overheads to land) and they will be giving us priority in the pattern over the spam cans. We also worked out a parking plan that you will like (very convenient).

I anticipate the “event fee” to be $75-$100 per person for the weekend. This pays for dinner and beer on both Friday and Saturday night, refreshments during the day, and to cover some minor facility costs (like a couple dry-erase boards and other stuff).

Dinner Friday night will be in a big corporate hanger at the airport. It will be a catered meal by a very popular local chef who will be grilling our meal in front of the hanger. He will also cater our dinner Saturday night (which will include local favorite dishes…really GOOD stuff). We’ll also have plenty of beer on hand. A very FUN event is planned for Saturday night entertainment. Don’t miss it!

We will have two FBO’s providing fuel (at discounted prices), so refueling should be fairly rapid and not delay us. They will have Phillips 25w60 on hand, so don’t worry about dragging it with you.

I don’t think anyone will need to rent a car, but if you want one the FBO will have them available (at a good rate).

We will be getting both local print and TV media coverage. Here’s your chance to star on TV. Harry, don’t get any ideas!

The tower controllers and airport manager want to fly with us and I anticipate several media rides as well. I’d like to ask each of you to all plan on giving one ride to these folks while you’re here. Spare chutes and headsets will be greatly appreciated.

There will be a Mass Formation event on Saturday afternoon. This will be our big media event for the weekend.

Ski is coming from TX and will present a clinic on the proper way to clean your Yak/CJ. This clinic will run from sunup to sundown on Friday.

CALL THE HOTEL ASAP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: