Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thieves and tax collectors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdnanwelch7(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Thieves and tax collectors Reply with quote

Kolb guys,

Interesting that this subject of taxes regarding your airplane has just come up. I just finished a 3 month ordeal being screwed by the county tax thieves.

One of the funny (read that "irritating") things about the tax thieves is they operate about a year to three years behind the times. This last December I got a tax bill for $400 for my Cessna 172, plus there was an additional $300 in fines and penalties, since this bill was from 2006. The remarkable thing is: They NEVER notified me of the original bill (I had moved by the time they sent out the notice...and the USPO was no longer forwarding my mail, since so much time had elapsed.)

So, in December 2007, I get this bill [for my hard efforts to buy myself a toy (Cessna)], for $700. PLUS!!! They want an additional $400 for 2007, for a total of $1100. I had left the (at)!#$# state in 2006. But being a day late and a dollar short, they won't realize that for another year or two.

So, since I'm no longer living in the %$#!! state, I think "screw 'em!!" Right? I'll not go back. And I think they're thieves, anyway. So what do they do?? They initiate a lien and post it on my credit reports. My credit is stellar...more than 760, so I think "who the hell cares"? But then it turns out I decide to move to Missouri and build a house....and I need a "line of credit". Now I'm screwed. I have to pay off that stinking lien to proceed forward.

For the next two months, I plead my case that I shouldn't have to pay ANY penalties and fines, since they never notified me of the bill in the first place, and besides, the bill for 2007 is erroneous, because I had left the state already. Oh, and here's the real clincher!!! FIRST, you have to pay ALL the bill, and then they decide if you are relieved of any of the tax or penalties!!!!

A couple of weeks ago I finally settled the matter, was able to get the line of credit, and pay only the initial $400. They "forgave" me for the rest. How benevolent of them.

The point of this story is; THEY are the government. They can do ANYTHING they want to you. If some stupid schmuck dreams up a tax (and they have), you WILL pay it. Or they will bring down ALL their resources upon you.

Our forefathers had the right attitude about big government. Somehow, we have forgotten what they taught.

(This email has been the "G Rated version" for our younger audience, and those with sensitive ears!)

Mike Welch

Do Not Archive

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: