Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pete(at)flylightning.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

More to come!!!

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
Colin K.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

Could it be the external part of the new canopy latch?

Colin K.
OK
Lightning # 52 under construction.
http://www.mykitlog.com/cojaken
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Wayne Lenox

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

Pete
Is this the new flap hinge covers? should add 5 KTS.
Wayne

-- "Pete" <pete(at)flylightning.net> wrote:
More to come!!!

N1BZRich(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

In a message dated 3/14/2008 8:54:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, waynelenox(at)juno.com writes:
Quote:
Is this the new flap hinge covers?

Wayne, you are the winner - new flap hinge covers. A great tease shot by Pete. In the next Lightning newsletter that will go out later tonight I had intended to include a photo of the new 2008 Demo's wing which shows these being fitted. I totally forgot it. However, at the same time that Nick was developing these, the Australian detachment of the Lightning skunk works was also developing the same thing. You will see photos of these in the next newsletter.
Blue Skies,
Buz

It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money & Finance.
[quote][b]

N1BZRich(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

After Looking at the photo again that Pete teased us with, I am now not too sure I got it right, saying it was part of the new flap hinge fairing. His photo is below, along with one that Nick had sent me some time ago and that photo does show the flap hinge fairings as they are being fitted to the new 2008 Demo wing. I think we need some new guesses on Pete's photo.
Buz

pequeajim

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

I think it is the head of one of the Aliens from the movie “Aliens”…

Where’s Sigourney Weaver?

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of N1BZRich(at)aol.com
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:56 PM
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: ?????

After Looking at the photo again that Pete teased us with, I am now not too sure I got it right, saying it was part of the new flap hinge fairing. His photo is below, along with one that Nick had sent me some time ago and that photo does show the flap hinge fairings as they are being fitted to the new 2008 Demo wing. I think we need some new guesses on Pete's photo.

Buz

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01C887BA.C20148B0[/img][img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01C887BA.C20148B0[/img]

N1BZRich(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

In a message dated 3/16/2008 11:14:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, pequeajim(at)gmail.com writes:
Quote:

I think it is the head of one of the Aliens from the movie “Aliens”…

I was going to guess it is the antenna for the Romulin cloaking devise which will be part of the Blended flying wing ducted fan aircraft that the shunk works showed several months ago - or part of the new overhead canopy latching device for the new Demo.
Buz

[quote][b]

dashvii(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

The picture on the left definately looks like something metal. I would second that it is probably something to do with the new overhead latch system. The one on the right intrigues me though. Compare those flap hinge fairings to the photos of Peter's plane from the newsletter. Did Arion change the flap hinge design? It appears that these fairings go straight into the wing instead of taking the curve at the front. It could be an optical illusion, or they could have just stretched the fairing out so that it would go stright into the wing. This is also a low res copy, but I can't make out either of the inside flap hinge fairings which are longer and fit right next to the fuselage. Could be that you just can't see them in this copy, but there are no hinge fairings in that location to tip off that they're even there. Of course I also happen to know that the three that are on each wing and are shown are the same lengths, and that the inside ones are longer, so perhaps they just hadn't gotten around to fabricating the longer ones. Who knows. I am fairly certain that the thing on the left was made of metal though. Still anxious to see pics of the new wingtips. (and the supercharged 450hp 8 cylinder version ;-P )
Brian W.
Quote:
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:56:18 -0400

Buz

[img]cid:X.MA1.1205722575(at)aol.com[/img][img]cid:X.MA2.1205722575(at)aol.com[/img]

Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Get it now!

pequeajim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

Unless I’m mistaken, those flap hinge covers look like they are from a Jabiru airplane. I spoke with Nick about using them for hinge covers back in August of last year when they mistakenly sent some to me at Green Landings. The problem at the time was getting around the open back of the cover which would create turbulence. Peter seems to have come up with a nice solution for that.

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Brian Whittingham
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 5:52 AM
Subject: RE: ?????

The picture on the left definately looks like something metal. I would second that it is probably something to do with the new overhead latch system. The one on the right intrigues me though. Compare those flap hinge fairings to the photos of Peter's plane from the newsletter. Did Arion change the flap hinge design? It appears that these fairings go straight into the wing instead of taking the curve at the front. It could be an optical illusion, or they could have just stretched the fairing out so that it would go stright into the wing. This is also a low res copy, but I can't make out either of the inside flap hinge fairings which are longer and fit right next to the fuselage. Could be that you just can't see them in this copy, but there are no hinge fairings in that location to tip off that they're even there. Of course I also happen to know that the three that are on each wing and are shown are the same lengths, and that the inside ones are longer, so perhaps they just hadn't gotten around to fabricating the longer ones. Who knows. I am fairly certain that the thing on the left was made of metal though. Still anxious to see pics of the new wingtips. (and the supercharged 450hp 8 cylinder version ;-P )
Brian W.

Buz

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01C887FD.FF08EDB0[/img][img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01C887FD.FF08EDB0[/img]

dashvii(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: ????? Reply with quote

Jim,
Oh yes I think you're right. I remember talking to them now and deciding if they would fit it would be the quickest thing to do. Your stated problem was one that needed to be solved though. Looks like they did that. I'm still not seeing anything over the ones closest inboard though. Maybe because they had to do extra fabricating on that one due to the different length. Brian W.
Quote:
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 07:11:14 -0400

.ExternalClass .EC_shape {;} .ExternalClass EC_p.MsoNormal, .ExternalClass EC_li.MsoNormal, .ExternalClass EC_div.MsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman','serif';} .ExternalClass a:link, .ExternalClass EC_span.MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass a:visited, .ExternalClass EC_span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass p {margin-right:0in;margin-left:0in;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman','serif';} .ExternalClass EC_span.EmailStyle18 {font-family:'Calibri','sans-serif';color:#1F497D;} .ExternalClass .EC_MsoChpDefault {font-size:10.0pt;} (at)page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;} .ExternalClass EC_div.Section1 {page:Section1;}
Unless Im mistaken, those flap hinge covers look like they are from a Jabiru airplane. I spoke with Nick about using them for hinge covers back in August of last year when they mistakenly sent some to me at Green Landings. The problem at the time was getting around the open back of the cover which would create turbulence. Peter seems to have come up with a nice solution for that.

From: owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-lightning-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Brian Whittingham
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 5:52 AM

Brian W.

Buz

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01C887FD.FF08EDB0[/img][img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01C887FD.FF08EDB0[/img]

Climb to the top of the charts!Play the word scramble challenge with star power. Play now! [quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: