Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tundra Tires

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buddcr(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Tundra Tires Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have the GoodYear 26" tundra tires on there KF? They fit on the 6x6 rims. They look great! However they are very pricey. If anyone has them I curious what they think of them?

I am also thinking about going with some AirTrac 8.50x6-6 tires. Does anyone have these? What you think of them and how big/tall are they? I would also like to know how tall the 8.00x6-6 tires are as well. I know the 8.00 tires are a little lighter. Any info would be great.

Chris...

Kitfox IV Speedster
VW 2180 76hp
220+ hrs

">Blockbuster Total Access for one month at no cost. [quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Catz631(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Tundra Tires Reply with quote

Chris,
I have been checking out Tundra tires for the last few weeks. I called Just aircraft (makers of the Highlander) and talked to Troy. He flys the Highlander off an airstrip that is about 600 ft long and at about a 30 degree angle and is on the side of a lake in the mountains adjacent to their factory. It looks like a boat ramp littered with rocks. It would make my butt pucker to use it as a boat ramp let alone an airstrip!
Anyway, I had met him and toured the factory on the way back from my cabin last fall. (in the Smokeys) I called him last week and we talked about the 26" Goodyear tires as compared to others. He had the Goodyear's for quite a while but went to the 26" Alaska Bush wheel tire which just came out(John McBean carries them) for LSA.He said the difference is astounding! He would never go back to the Goodyears.The Bushwheel is some 40% easier to turn and roll plus you could almost roll over a car and not know it. Here's the kicker of course. The Bushwheels are $2000 a pair. He offered to sell the slightly used Goodyear's to me for $800 the pair. That's a lot of money either way but if you are doing actual bush flying, it is probably worth it.
I only fly off a grass strip (occasionally pavement) and the most bush I should encounter is when the pissing contest at my strip on who is going to mow the strip, gets out of hand. It is doing that now and everyone is refusing to do it because of the "I did all of it last year! " attitude. The one guy who owns an aircraft maintenance business and has the most to loose, refuses to do it and just says "sue me." His customers aren't going to like it. We will see who "blinks" first. Isn't it grand!
Anyway, I am far down the strip and I am getting newer Tundra tires. I can handle tall grass with ease in my Kitfox.I have ordered a pair of Nanking N-800 tires. I understand they are pretty much the same as the KingFox tires which have had good reviews here. At less than $30 a piece, they are sure worth a shot.
        Dick Maddux
        Fox4-1200
        912UL
        Pensacola,Fl

Create a Home Theater Like the Pros. Watch the video on AOL Home.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

kitfox_robert(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Tundra Tires Reply with quote

TThe Alaskan Bushwheels are well worth the money. I have the 26" AK Bushwheels (not LSA) and love them. I bet the 26" LSA are even better as they are probabbly lighter. I'll buy more AK Bushwheels when the time comes.

Robert
V/0200
San Diego, CA
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: