Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No offense!! "None taken!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdnanwelch7(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: No offense!! "None taken!" Reply with quote

Rick N.,

Thanks for sticking up for me. I appreciate your concern. I didn't take too much offense at what Mike Pierzina
said. The fact is, he was right. My problem is I gave the impression I was actually finished with the wheel pants installation, and if that was the case...it really did look rushed.

After he said what he said, I went back and looked at the photo. Kinda looks crappy, I admit. The truth is, I really don't want to give the impression I do finished work like that. After 3 days of install, remove, grind some,
install, measure, cut, etc, etc. etc., I was so happy to finally have them both secured in place, I rolled my plane out in my front yard and snapped some photos. I should said "mounted, but some dressing things up left to go".

To everyone's glee, I'm sure, I did work on them today. Ground and smoothed some welds, smoothed some curves, over-all.....lots of refinement. The mounts look MUCH better now. I even painted the exterior mounting plates.
I also boxed the steel gear legs, ready to be sent off to the heat treater.

So, thanks, Rick. I sure don't want people to be upset at anyone on account of me.

On a second issue you referred to, regarding building the plane the I want to, that's exactly what I intend to do.
I do realize there may those that feel my mods are "not in the original design", but too bad! I am given the freedom to build my plane as I see fit. If I am not very fond of a particular feature, then I will change it to suit me. It is not my intent to offend. But, these are OUR planes, and we get to build them like we want. I didn't condemn anyone else on their non-Kolb modifications, I would expect they would have the same courtesy.

I like this forum. I have come to enjoy most of it's members. I also have learned a lot of important things I needed to know about building my MkIII. I admire many of the members who have much to offer, both in Kolb flying experience, and their recommendations. I value their advice. It doesn't mean I will adhere to it, but I value it, just the same.

My Kolb MkIII "whatever model" may take me a little longer to build than some, but I will finish it. And what's more, I'll do it my way!! (said respectfully).

Conversant as usual,

Mike Welch
MkIII

Do Not Archive

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: