Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Really bad news....S&F crash
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnuse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Robert bought this plane last year, he flew almost everyday the weather permitted. He was meticulous in his work, kind, friendly, and serious about his flying skills. As one poster stated, he had bought the plane two months ago............please put your brain in gear before your mouth and keyboard lead you astray.

Some of these posts to this thread are totally without basis, full of speculation, and insensitive.

I think some of the posters should get the facts rather that believing "stuff" the press puts out and you might want to check your aircraft to see how well it was built.

Yes, he was a friend and an enthusiastic fellow pilot.

This is my first post to the Zenith list, but I have been on the Matronics list for over a decade, so forget the thoughts of this being from someone that just dropped in for this one post.

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
MHerder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Gnuse,

We all feel for your loss, for it is all of our loss. Each time an incident as such happens it hurts all of us. Without being insensitive, I am truly interested to know whether or not Robert was aware of the letter dated March 25th by C. Heintz and whether or not the modification was installed. I ask this question directly to you since you seem to have known Robert personally. You also mention his meticulous work. Are you aware of any work that was performed on the aircraft that was outside of the realm of normal maintenance? Again, I do not wish to be insensitive to the loss of your personal friend, but I would and I am certain that others would like to know if there are any abnormalities that we should be aware of.

As far as the press goes, I am always amazed with the amount of "information/misinformation" that is fed to the public that is not only inaccurate but outright ridiculous. We recently had an accident that occurred on our construction site, with helicopters circling and news reporters digging for information. THE ONLY PIECE OF INFORMATION IN THE ENTIRE STORY IN THE PAPER WAS THE CITY THAT THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED IN!!! THE REST OF THE INFORMATION WAS THE REPORTERS IMAGINATION.
gnuse wrote:
Robert bought this plane last year, he flew almost everyday the weather permitted. He was meticulous in his work, kind, friendly, and serious about his flying skills. As one poster stated, he had bought the plane two months ago............please put your brain in gear before your mouth and keyboard lead you astray.

Some of these posts to this thread are totally without basis, full of speculation, and insensitive.

I think some of the posters should get the facts rather that believing "stuff" the press puts out and you might want to check your aircraft to see how well it was built.

Yes, he was a friend and an enthusiastic fellow pilot.

This is my first post to the Zenith list, but I have been on the Matronics list for over a decade, so forget the thoughts of this being from someone that just dropped in for this one post.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Finally Flying
notsew_evets(at)frontiern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Please refresh me on the Mod from C heintz dated March 25th.... Is that
about elevator travel limits ??

SW
---

MHerder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Yes. I can not post a link (zenith requests that we not attach links to items in the builders area, since other proprietary information is contained) however I would be glad to send you the letter if requested.

It is in the builder area, under 601 XL naturally.

Finally Flying
gnuse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

MHerder wrote:
Gnuse,

We all feel for your loss, for it is all of our loss. Each time an incident as such happens it hurts all of us. Without being insensitive, I am truly interested to know whether or not Robert was aware of the letter dated March 25th by C. Heintz and whether or not the modification was installed. I ask this question directly to you since you seem to have known Robert personally. You also mention his meticulous work. Are you aware of any work that was performed on the aircraft that was outside of the realm of normal maintenance? Again, I do not wish to be insensitive to the loss of your personal friend, but I would and I am certain that others would like to know if there are any abnormalities that we should be aware of.

As far as the press goes, I am always amazed with the amount of "information/misinformation" that is fed to the public that is not only inaccurate but outright ridiculous. We recently had an accident that occurred on our construction site, with helicopters circling and news reporters digging for information. THE ONLY PIECE OF INFORMATION IN THE ENTIRE STORY IN THE PAPER WAS THE CITY THAT THE ACCIDENT OCCURRED IN!!! THE REST OF THE INFORMATION WAS THE REPORTERS IMAGINATION.

I am not so concerned about my loss as that of his family. I just don't understand fellow pilots (maybe they aren't even real pilots) that post garbage they dig up from grossly inaccurate sources, they make speculations without any basis of knowledge, and are generally insensitive.

Personally I think the entire aviation community loses when something like this happens.

My mention of him being meticulous is based on his other hobbies, his hangar, etc. His plane was always clean and tidy. I am sure he never did any more work on the plane than that of owner maintenance. His background was in the electronics industry. I don't know about nor heard the name Heintz, but that is not surprising as we usually talked about flying in general, and other activities. I admired the seeming quality of finish and condition of the airplane.........like I do any nice airplane. Robert was a conscientious pilot that seemed to be ever trying to become a better aviator.........you know the difference, right?

Tim Juhl

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

gnuse,

Let's face it... people are frightened. We want to accept the assurances from Zenith that the design is sound but then something happens to stir things up again. What you are seeing on this list is the broad scope of how humans react to their fears and uncertainty. We certainly mean no disrespect to the deceased and feel for his family in friends. I suspect that in our imagination we all place ourselves in that cockpit during those final moments.

People can be forgiven for wanting answers but wild speculation is not helpful. We must be patient and let the experts do their jobs. Don't believe for one minute that the folks at Zenith don't want answers too. Remember that one of the reasons we all chose to build Zenith aircraft was because of the great folks running the company.

We all need to remember that while at such times it is important to be able to talk with others who might understand our concerns, at the same time we may be sending an unintended message to others who thru the internet happen to come across our comments. For myself, if I have said anything that offends, I offer my sincere apology.

Tim Juhl
Do not archive

Zodiac XL - Jabiru 3300A
Almost done! It'll fly in spring!
rsteele(at)rjsit.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

I googled zenith load test, this was the first hit:
http://www.zenithair.com/zodiac/6-photo-testing.html
Ron

On Apr 11, 2008, at 7:04 AM, David Downey wrote:[quote]I must not be looking in the right place on the zenith site? Where are any images of a negative G test? The only images I saw were the airframe inverted and sand bags on the lower surfaces of the wing = positive G?

Tim Juhl <juhl(at)avci.net (juhl(at)avci.net)> wrote:
Quote:
... That said, I do have one request of Chris Heintz and Zenith aircraft which I can sum up as "Details." They published pictures of the most recent structural tests but provided no specific information on the results. Was the wing tested to -3 or to - 6 like it says on my plans. They talk about an extensive flight test program... I would like to know the details of such tests. For example - was the test aircraft exposed to abrupt full control movements at maneuvering speed without experiencing damage? The best way to quell wild speculation is to replace it with facts, not
Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

planecrazydld(at)yahoo.co

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Like I said earlier: I must be brain dead! Thanks.

Ronald Steele <rsteele(at)rjsit.com> wrote:[quote] I googled zenith load test, this was the first hit:
http://www.zenithair.com/zodiac/6-photo-testing.html
Ron

On Apr 11, 2008, at 7:04 AM, David Downey wrote:[quote]I must not be looking in the right place on the zenith site? Where are any images of a negative G test? The only images I saw were the airframe inverted and sand bags on the lower surfaces of the wing = positive G?

Tim Juhl <juhl(at)avci.net (juhl(at)avci.net)> wrote:[quote]... That said, I do have one request of Chris Heintz and Zenith aircraft which I can sum up as "Details." They published pictures of the most recent structural tests but provided no specific information on the results. Was the wing tested to -3 or to - 6 like it says on my plans. They talk about an extensive flight test program... I would like to know the details of such tests. For example - was the test aircraft exposed to abrupt full control movements at maneuvering speed without experiencing damage? The best way to quell wild speculation is to replace it with facts, not [quote][b]

agibeaut

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Well said Tim! That's why most of us have remained silent. We're still here, and our prayers are with the pilot and his family. Sometimes, saying nothing, says more.

Do not archive.

--- On Fri, 4/11/08, Tim Juhl <juhl(at)avci.net> wrote:

Quote:
Subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash
To: zenith-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Friday, April 11, 2008, 2:46 PM

<juhl(at)avci.net>

gnuse,

Let's face it... people are frightened. We want to
accept the assurances from Zenith that the design is sound
but then something happens to stir things up again. What
you are seeing on this list is the broad scope of how
humans react to their fears and uncertainty. We certainly
mean no disrespect to the deceased and feel for his family
in friends. I suspect that in our imagination we all
place ourselves in that cockpit during those final moments.

People can be forgiven for wanting answers but wild
speculation is not helpful. We must be patient and let the
experts do their jobs. Don't believe for one minute
that the folks at Zenith don't want answers too.
Remember that one of the reasons we all chose to build
Zenith aircraft was because of the great folks running the
company.

We all need to remember that while at such times it is
important to be able to talk with others who might
understand our concerns, at the same time we may be sending
an unintended message to others who thru the internet happen
to come across our comments. For myself, if I have said
anything that offends, I offer my sincere apology.

Tim Juhl
Do not archive

--------
Working on fuselage

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=176234#176234

jreekree

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

I posted this on another "Really Bad News" site but copied it here also.

This is my first post to the Zenith list. I'm on the RV8 list.
I've been reading the speculation and just plain wrong stuff about Bob's accident as well as the thoughtful replies of "let's wait and see". Stuff like why would anybody change the N-Numbers to "I know this to be true because I heard it from the Zenith booth"
Bob was my hangar mate and friend. As had been stated he was meticulous to the enth degree. He researched his plane and engine more that anyone I've been associated with in my 40 years and 24000 hours of flying. He wanted to know it all about his plane and aviation. He went over every square inch of his plane. He told me about trouble he had heard of with the wings. He researched service bulletins and engine AD's. He was quickly becoming a guru on the engine.
I was flying with him to sun-n-fun the day of the accident. We stopped and fueled up 60 miles north of KLAL. He loaded his plane carefully and knew what it weighed. He had flow well over a hundred hours in it since he bought it in October. (NOT 2 months ago)
I spoke with the NTSB the day after the crash and they wanted to know about any MTC he may have performed, specifically if he had removed the wings or done any MTC on them. I guaranteed them he had not.
I won't speculate on the cause. Leave that to the NTSB. They will do their job and ours is not to fuel the fire with rumors and innuendo's.
I do know however that Bob was a good and conscientious pilot that did everything possible to maintain and keep him and his plane safe.
I write this to try to get people to let the investigation run it's course and not jump to conclusions about either the plane or the pilot.
Fly safe.

tigerrick(at)mindspring.c

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:06 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Hi, Jerry.

Thanks for your thoughtful and informative post, it sheds light on many areas concerning the accident. I'm very sorry for your loss, I do know how hard it is when a good friend is suddenly gone in a heartbeat. The pain felt by those left behind is palpable with every such post to this list.

I am the guy that reported what was being said at the Zenith booth shortly after we heard of the crash. I didn't say that "it was true because it came from the Zenith booth". I said that this is what was being put forward. Obviously it was in error given your personal experience. However, it may have been the best information available at that time, which is always subject to correction as the facts come in.

I've also been in the "wait and see" crowd concerning the speculation around airframe failures. As a fellow Zodiac 601 builder and pilot, I've got the same vested interest in finding out the reasons behind any event that could affect the balance of the fleet. Nobody wishes to endure any more needless losses of man and machine.

I'm in complete agreement that we should let the investigation run its course before jumping to conclusions. However, in the absence of hard facts, there will also be conflicting reports concerning these kind of tragedies until the dust settles and the truth wins out.

Please understand that no one wants to be party to wild speculation. On the other hand, information that appears to come from a knowledgable and reliable source should be shared. And, sometimes these sources will be in error. The best we can do is keep an open mind until all the facts come in, and this always takes more time than we'd like.

Thanks again for setting us straight.

Rick Lindstrom
N42KP

--

PLAV8R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

First time on this site. The aircraft lost a wing. I know what the family is going through. I went through it Nov. 6th 2006 when I lost my parents from an inflight breakup of their Certified AMD Zodiac 601XL SLSA. Beautiful day, sunny, no wind, no turbulence etc. Cruising along going to lunch.
Question: Was the Czech Aircraft works aircraft assembled in Georgia?

Thanks for any information.

jmaynard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 01:15:27PM -0700, PLAV8R wrote:
Quote:
First time on this site. The aircraft lost a wing. I know what the
family is going through. I went through it Nov. 6th 2006 when I lost my
parents from an inflight breakup of their Certified AMD Zodiac 601XL SLSA.
Beautiful day, sunny, no wind, no turbulence etc. Cruising along going to
lunch.

I'm truly sorry for your loss, and especially the circumstances surrounding
it. I'm sure you're more anxious to get the results of the NTSB
investigation into it than any of the rest of us.

Quote:

No. Czech Aircraft Works was, as the name implies, a Czech company that
built the CH601XL aircraft in the Czech Republic under license from Zenair.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://jmaynard.livejournal.com http://www.tronguy.net
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
AMD Zodiac CH601XLi N55ZC (ordered 17 March, delivery 2 June)

johnd(at)data-tech.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Hi Donald,

So sorry to hear about the loss of your parents.

The Czech Aircraft works is based in the Czech Republic and has nothing
to do with AMD in Georgia. Do you have any additional information beyond
that in the NTSB prelim report ? The witness report seems to imply some
type of engine trouble then an explosion. Of course we all know these
witness reports can be way off.

John Davis
601XL - Jab 3300
Burnsville, NC

PLAV8R wrote:
Quote:

First time on this site. The aircraft lost a wing. I know what the family is going through. I went through it Nov. 6th 2006 when I lost my parents from an inflight breakup of their Certified AMD Zodiac 601XL SLSA. Beautiful day, sunny, no wind, no turbulence etc. Cruising along going to lunch.

Thanks for any information.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=178514#178514

PLAV8R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Hi Jay,

I don't doubt that the airframe and wings where build by Czech aircraft, however, they don;t ship completed aircraft. As far as I know, all the major assemblies are completed here.

Each time an incident happens with another Zodiac the NTSB will gather the information on the current accident and see if it applies to my parents.
I and 2 of my three brother are pilots and have been for a long time. My father flew since WWII and did not take chances.
He used to have a Grumman Tiger that he loved, but decided he didn't what the hassle of the Flight Exams. He wanted a certified aircraft with a continental engine (He got it) He and my mother were in very good health.

Thanks,
Don

PLAV8R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

Hi John.
NTSB Identification: NYC08FA158
14 CFR Part 91: General Aviation
Accident occurred Monday, April 07, 2008 in Polk City, FL
Aircraft: Chech Aircraft Works SPOL SRO CH 601 XL RTF, registration: N357DT
Injuries: 1 Fatal.

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.

On April 7, 2008 about 1700 eastern daylight time, a Czech Aircraft Works SPOL SRO CH 601 XL RTF, N357DT, was substantially damaged when it impacted trees and terrain following an uncontrolled descent near Polk City, Florida. The certificated private pilot/owner was fatally injured. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed, and no flight plan was filed for the flight which departed Williston Municipal Airport (X60), Williston, Florida and was destined for Lakeland Linder Regional Airport (LAL), Lakeland, Florida. The personal flight was conducted under 14 Code of Federal Regulations Part 91.

According to friend of the accident pilot, they both shared a hangar at Lumpkin County Airport (9A0) in Dahlonega, Georgia, and they planned to fly their respective airplanes to an air show in Lakeland, Florida. The accident pilot departed Dahlonega about 1240, and the friend departed about at 1300. During the flight the friend passed the accident pilot, landed at Williston Airport for a planned fuel stop, and subsequently departed. He last spoke to the accident pilot about 1500, as the accident pilot approached Williston. The accident pilot planned to land about 1530, and stated that his airplane was "running fine."

Review of fuel receipts revealed that the pilot purchased fuel in Williston at 1607.

About 1700, a witness, located about 1/2-mile southeast of the accident site, observed the accident airplane as it approached him from the north. He noted that the airplane was noticeably lower than other airplanes that generally flew in the area, and that it was in a 3- to 5-degree left bank. The airplane then banked right, about the same magnitude, before it returned level for a moment. About 1 to 3 seconds later, the airplane banked to the left and to the right, significantly steeper than during the previous banks.

After banking back to level, the airplane yawed right, and the "right wing folded up." The airplane banked right and the left wing "went up" just before the airplane entered a nose dive. The witness described that the wings of the airplane looked perpendicular to their normal position, and that the engine sound changed, as the airplane descended downward. The witness heard the sound of the engine pitch change to the point where it sounded like the engine "over sped" as the airplane descended. He lost sight of the airplane shortly thereafter as it descended behind a building.

Another witness, located about 1/3-mile west of the accident site, stated that he heard a "pop" and that when he looked up he saw the accident airplane. He described that the "right wing was folded back and to the side," and that the accident airplane was spinning as it descended. About 8 to 10 seconds later he heard the sounds of an impact.

The pilot held a private pilot certificate with a rating for airplane single engine land. His most recent Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) second class medical certificate was issued on February 29, 1980. Examination of the pilot's logbook revealed that he had accumulated 514 total hours of flight experience, 71 hours of which were in the accident airplane make and model. According to the pilot's friend, the pilot originally obtained a pilot certificate in the 1970's, and had recently began flying again after purchasing the accident airplane in October 2007.

The accident airplane was manufactured in 2005 and was classified by the FAA as a Special Light Sport Aircraft. According to maintenance records, the airplane was factory test flown on June 16, 2005. The airplane's most recent annual conditional inspection was completed on September 1, 2007. At the time of the inspection, the airplane had accumulated 142 total hours of operation.

The weather conditions reported at LAL, located about 17 miles southwest of the accident site, at 1658, included winds from 030 degrees at 4 knots, 15 statute miles visibility, scattered clouds at 3,000 feet, broken clouds at 25,000 feet, a temperature of 27 degrees Celsius (C), a dewpoint of 16 degrees C, and an altimeter setting of 29.90 inches of mercury.

The airplane came to rest in a heavily wooded area and exhibited various degrees of damage throughout. The trees in and around the accident site had been removed to facilitate access to the wreckage. Examination of photographs taken by first responders revealed that the airplane was lodged in the ground at an approximate 45-degree angle, and that the fuselage was positioned in an approximate 45-degree left bank. The left wing was bent upward (in the positive direction) at the wing root approximately 90 degrees, with the remainder wrapped around the top of the airplane. The right wing was bent 90 degrees forward about the mid-span point, and was wrapped around a 4-inch diameter tree.

Initial examination of the wreckage revealed that the horizontal stabilizer and rudder were separated from their respective attach points, but remained co-located with the wreckage. Detailed examination of the left wing revealed that the lower main wing spar cap was fractured at the wing root. Portions of the left wing spar were retained for further examination. The remainder of the main wing spar, which extended through the fuselage and the right wing, was bent but remained largely intact.

Control cable continuity was confirmed from the rudder pedals to the rudder horn attachment points. Elevator control continuity was confirmed from the cockpit to the elevator control horn attachment point, which had been disconnected by first responders during recovery. The electrically actuated elevator trim was in a neutral position. Continuity of the aileron control cables was confirmed from the cockpit to both ailerons. The electrically actuated aileron trim was positioned at the tab trailing edge down limit. Disassembly of the aileron trim servo revealed that the mechanism was positioned aft, in contact with a forward-facing micro-switch. The aileron trim servo, switch, and indicator were retained for further examination. Both wing flaps were dislodged from the stowed position, and their actuators were broken.

The engine was located at the forward portion of the wreckage, and was buried in 6-foot deep crater. All three composite propeller blades were separated near the propeller hub. A portion of one blade was found outside and adjacent to the crater, while the remainder of the blades were found within the crater. Crankshaft, gearbox, and valve train continuity were confirmed from the propeller hub to the aft portion of the engine. The propeller hub could only be rotated through 180 degrees of motion, and valve motion was observed on all but the number 4 cylinder intake valve. All eight spark plug electrodes were intact and light gray in color. Examination of the oil filter revealed no evidence of any visible metal particles.

Both fuel tanks were ruptured and absent of fuel. There was a strong odor of fuel at the scene, and fuel was observed leaking from several fuel lines during the recovery process. The fuel selector knob was observed in the "left" position.

Regards,
Don

jim.lanier(at)charter.net

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

I just read somewhere that Zenith has terminated their association with
the Czech manufacturer.

I found it

http://www.zenithair.com/news/zen-czaw-termination.pdf

PLAV8R wrote:
Quote:

Hi Jay,

I don't doubt that the airframe and wings where build by Czech aircraft, however, they don;t ship completed aircraft. As far as I know, all the major assemblies are completed here.

Each time an incident happens with another Zodiac the NTSB will gather the information on the current accident and see if it applies to my parents.
I and 2 of my three brother are pilots and have been for a long time. My father flew since WWII and did not take chances.
He used to have a Grumman Tiger that he loved, but decided he didn't what the hassle of the Flight Exams. He wanted a certified aircraft with a continental engine (He got it) He and my mother were in very good health.

Thanks,
Don

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=178523#178523

PLAV8R

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

From the Yuba City incident.

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=13553(at)kovr.dayport.com

http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=13559(at)kovr.dayport.com

Regards,
Don

jmaynard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 01:51:44PM -0700, PLAV8R wrote:
Quote:
I don't doubt that the airframe and wings where build by Czech aircraft,
however, they don;t ship completed aircraft. As far as I know, all the
major assemblies are completed here.

True. Typically, final assembly and checkout are completed by the importer.
I do not know who imported the CZAW aircraft, but I do not believe it was
AMD.

Quote:
He used to have a Grumman Tiger that he loved, but decided he didn't what
the hassle of the Flight Exams. He wanted a certified aircraft with a
continental engine (He got it) He and my mother were in very good health.

Ouch. That sounds a lot like me, except the last part...
--

jmaynard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Really bad news....S&F crash Reply with quote

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 05:06:49PM -0400, James E. Lanier wrote:
Quote:
I just read somewhere that Zenith has terminated their association with
the Czech manufacturer.
http://www.zenithair.com/news/zen-czaw-termination.pdf

Note that that was effective at the end of 2006.
--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: