Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPA e-communications

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonboede(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: RPA e-communications Reply with quote

Who's running the RPA e-communications these days?

They lost the list of everybody who's registered for an event when they converted to the "new" system.

You don't need to be an RPA member to register for an event, which is bad in and of itself, but since it accepts ANYTHING when someone goes to register, you don't get a validated user name, so it's hard to tell who registered

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:55 am    Post subject: RPA e-communications Reply with quote

In a message dated 4/22/2008 1:36:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jonboede(at)hotmail.com writes:

I'll forward this to Condor.
Pappy

Quote:
Who's running the RPA e-communications these days?

They lost the list of everybody who's registered for an event when they converted to the "new" system.

You don't need to be an RPA member to register for an event, which is bad in and of itself, but since it accepts ANYTHING when someone goes to register, you don't get a validated user name, so it's hard to tell who registered.

It doesn't seem to keep a list of who's registered, so event organizers can't see who's coming and people who go to register can't see who else is going.

When they sent out my eCOM for the Lone Star Red Star the link to the registration was broken and the link to the web site we'd set up was broken. It was broken both in the email and back on the "having trouble viewing this email" site that maildog does as a back end.

Doesn't anybody test anything anymore before they release it? The RPA web site used to run pretty smoothly... now it's a complete mess... what happened????

Jon
Quote:

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ChangDriver

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:16 am    Post subject: Re: RPA e-communications Reply with quote

Gang:

I am planning the Tar Heel FAST Clinic and have the same issues that Jon raised (as an event coordinator, we get no info on who registers, etc). I've communicated with Drew, Heather, and Darrell. Drew and Heather have assured me that the membership has been heard loud and clear.

The old site was simple. The new site is complex. I understand the old site had a great deal of custom coding and the attempt was to move to a site that had less custom stuff and was more "standard" coding. Hopefully, the old site returns or the issues with the new are resolved quickly.

Craig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: