Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beware California Power Systems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R. Hankins

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: Beware California Power Systems Reply with quote

Hello all:
Here is a warning to all about doing business with California Power Systems. I recently rebuilt my 503. I called and explained that I was doing a rebuild and in a hury, gave part numbers etc. My order arrived partially filled. The fact that critical parts were not in stock was not mentioned when placing my order, nor was I made aware of it till my order arrived short (very frustrating). Part of that order was an exchange set of 0.010" over-bored cylinders. I sent mine to them post haste, only to find when my box arrived that they didn't have any to exchange with me. I called to get an estimated turn around time and was the guy on the phone could not find my cylinders. They had no record of getting my cylinders. I looked up the tracking information and called them back with a name and date of arrival. The guy put me on hold for about ten minutes and came back with "I don't see them anywhere, they MAY have gotten sent out." I left my number and asked to be called when someone could locate them. They called back two days later to tell me they had sent them to North Carolina to be worked on.

Meanwhile I began inspecting the other parts. The piston pins I received had been handled with bare hands at some time in the past and finger prints were corroded into them. I called about replacements and it was suggested that I "just scotch bright" the rust off and use them. I ordered replacements elsewhere and returned the bad pins to CPS two days after receiving my partial order.
Once again I needed my tracking number. Two weeks later, I called about getting a credit for the returned pins. I got the same "I don't see them anywhere, are you sure we got them?" routine. I got the distinct impression that without proof of receipt, I would be out of luck. I called back the next day with my tracking number, got a different person on the phone and the same "are you sure we got them?" response. Turns out the guy I was talking to was the very person who had signed for them nearly two weeks earlier. I have been calling them a couple of times a week about crediting me for my return. I always get "are you sure we got them?"

I just got off of the phone with them this morning. I was assured my card will be credited tomorrow, ONE MONTH after getting my return. They will get no further business from me and I hope from this list.

In their defense, the company who did the machine work on my cylinders, D & F Aviation in Goldsboro, NC did a masterful job. A tool an die maker friend used his very expensive bore-guage to check the job, and both cylinders were within 0.0003" of spec for diameter and were true and straight to 0.0002". Can't complain about that.

Anyway, if you do any business with CPS, expect lousy service if you must return anything and send it SIGNATURE REQUIRED or you may not get your money back. Your mileage may vary, but I doubt it.

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List

michaega(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Beware California Power Systems Reply with quote

I had a similar problem, not with said company, but I packaged everything back up and sent the parts back. Then called my credit card company up and canceled out that charge. Worked for me. I'm sure your way past that so safe flying.

George

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Catz631(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Beware California Power Systems Reply with quote

Roger,
I had the same kind of service that you had with CPS. I too do not use them . I have had good service and excellent technical help with Lockwood. LEAF has been good also.
        Dick Maddux

Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on family favorites at AOL Food.
[quote][b]

R. Hankins

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Beware California Power Systems Reply with quote

I ordered replacement piston pins from LEAF and got good service. I just ordered some carb parts and cowling screws from MS Light Aircraft and got even better service.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: