Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Kitfox fourm available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randy(at)romeolima.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

Kitfoxers,

Just a quick note to let you all know about a new Kitfox forum I've started with some different features than are offered here on this list. Please consider taking a minute to check it out... www.teamkitfox.com
In the interest of building an enhanced online community I'd appreciate your feedback on features you'd like to see.

Randy Lervold
Kitfox Super Sport, just starting
www.mykitfox.com
www.teamkitfox.com

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
wingsdown(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

I like the web page look, but I really think this could be incorporated into the existing forum. It is the knowledge and experiences of builders and flyers that make this forum so powerful. Besides it takes money and personal time to run a forum so why duplicate efforts. I am not building at present but I really want to know our list be around in 5 years. Maybe you should talk with Matt Dralle off line.

Rick
[quote]
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

randy(at)romeolima.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your comments. Having been a long time RV builder and user of the www.vansairforce.net forums I know that the vBulletin forum platform has some significant features that enhance the user experience. Yes, it is different, but once you get your routine down with forum and thread subscriptions I think you'll find it to be a better tool. Also, and this is a biggie, I have it set up to allow pictures to be embedded right in the messages (although limited in size to 640 x 640 pixels). Most folks have digital cameras these days, and we all know that one picture is worth a thousand words, yet most folks also don't have their own web sites for posting pics. Therefore simply putting a copy in your message is powerful indeed. If you check around the web you'll see that all the truly state-of-the art communities use vbulletin or something equivalent.

Several years ago the RV community went through this exact transition and there were a few who didn't understand or support the idea, but over time the bulk of the community did and never looked back.

Of course I am just providing an alternative, users are free to go where they like, but you have my commitment to develop TeamKitfox.com into a truly valuable tool for the community. As an EAA Chapter president, Technical Counselor, Flight Advisor, and two time RV builder I am in it for the long run.

Cheers,
Randy

[quote] ---

Guy Buchanan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

OK Randy, as you well know I can't pull this message back. But I also can't, in good conscience, allow you to attempt to secure Matt's market. After all, like you, he puts a lot of work into this list, wants it to work, and wants membership. Please desist from marketing your site as a competitive product on this list.

Thanks,

Guy Buchanan, Kitfox List Moderator
San Diego, CA
K-IV 1200 / 582-C / Warp / 100% done, thanks mostly to Bob Ducar.

At 09:49 AM 6/13/2008, you wrote:
[quote]Hi Rick,

Thanks for your comments. Having been a long time RV builder and user of the www.vansairforce.net forums I know that the vBulletin forum platform has some significant features that enhance the user experience. Yes, it is different, but once you get your routine down with forum and thread subscriptions I think you'll find it to be a better tool. Also, and this is a biggie, I have it set up to allow pictures to be embedded right in the messages (although limited in size to 640 x 640 pixels). Most folks have digital cameras these days, and we all know that one picture is worth a thousand words, yet most folks also don't have their own web sites for posting pics. Therefore simply putting a copy in your message is powerful indeed. If you check around the web you'll see that all the truly state-of-the art communities use vbulletin or something equivalent.

Several years ago the RV community went through this exact transition and there were a few who didn't understand or support the idea, but over time the bulk of the community did and never looked back.

Of course I am just providing an alternative, users are free to go where they like, but you have my commitment to develop TeamKitfox.com into a truly valuable tool for the community. As an EAA Chapter president, Technical Counselor, Flight Advisor, and two time RV builder I am in it for the long run.

Cheers,
Randy

---

patreilly43(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

Rick, Good Luck with the web page. This one works pretty well. I am also interested in RV's but to me Van's Airforce web is too complex. Us Kitfoxers are simple folk. Hell, Lynn and Deke up in MI still use Kerosene powered computers and I think Noel and Dave in Canada are running wood fired MACs. We don't mind hitting the keyboard 2 or 3 times to get info, but, Damn it, that's it!
Do Not Archive

Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuild
Rockford, IL
From: randy(at)romeolima.comTo: kitfox-list(at)matronics.comSubject: Re: Kitfox-List: New Kitfox fourm availableDate: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:49:31 -0700

Hi Rick,

Of course I am just providing an alternative, users are free to go where they like, but you have my commitment to develop TeamKitfox.com into a truly valuable tool for the community. As an EAA Chapter president, Technical Counselor, Flight Advisor, and two time RV builder I am in it for the long run

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

I'm gonna trade my kerosene Mac in on a corn-powered Mac as soon as
they can down-grade to that technology.

Lynn Matteson
Kitfox IV Speedster
Jabiru 2200
do not archive

On Jun 13, 2008, at 4:29 PM, patrick reilly wrote:

[quote] Rick, Good Luck with the web page. This one works pretty well. I am
also interested in RV's but to me Van's Airforce web is too
complex. Us Kitfoxers are simple folk. Hell, Lynn and Deke up in MI
still use Kerosene powered computers and I think Noel and Dave in
Canada are running wood fired MACs. We don't mind hitting the
keyboard 2 or 3 times to get info, but, Damn it, that's it!
Do Not Archive

Pat Reilly
Mod 3 582 Rebuild
Rockford, IL
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: New Kitfox fourm available
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:49:31 -0700

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your comments. Having been a long time RV builder and
user of the www.vansairforce.net forums I know that the vBulletin
forum platform has some significant features that enhance the user
experience. Yes, it is different, but once you get your routine
down with forum and thread subscriptions I think you'll find it to
be a better tool. Also, and this is a biggie, I have it set up to
allow pictures to be embedded right in the messages (although
limited in size to 640 x 640 pixels). Most folks have digital
cameras these days, and we all know that one picture is worth a
thousand words, yet most folks also don't have their own web sites
for posting pics. Therefore simply putting a copy in your message
is powerful indeed. If you check around the web you'll see that all
the truly state-of-the art communities use vbulletin or something
equivalent.

Several years ago the RV community went through this exact
transition and there were a few who didn't understand or support
the idea, but over time the bulk of the community did and never
looked back.

Of course I am just providing an alternative, users are free to go
where they like, but you have my commitment to develop
TeamKitfox.com into a truly valuable tool for the community. As an
EAA Chapter president, Technical Counselor, Flight Advisor, and two
time RV builder I am in it for the long run.

Cheers,
Randy

---

ruebd(at)skymail.csus.edu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

Lynners:

I had you figured for a hybrid mac - corn/and solar. That way you can use the fast lane free. Oh well, keep peddling.

Duanesky

--

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

Lynn:

There are days I think your Mac has enough corn Smile And my PC is catching
it!

Noel

--

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:37 am    Post subject: New Kitfox fourm available Reply with quote

GROANNNNN.....!
I gotta admit, Noel, ya got me on that one....
Now if we could just convert all that corn into cornpone (moonshine),
I'd be sittin' on a goldmine.

Lynn Matteson
Kitfox IV Speedster
Jabiru 2200
do not archive

On Jun 14, 2008, at 7:04 PM, Noel Loveys wrote:

[quote]

Lynn:

There are days I think your Mac has enough corn Smile And my PC is
catching
it!

Noel

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: