Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yak 52TD camera for taxiing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djester(at)gjtbs.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Folks:
I have a Yak 52TD (taildragger) that I would like to install a small lipstick camera to aid in taxing the A/C. Has anyone done such an installation in a TW? If so, what type of camera set up did you use? I am thinking of Bluetooth application.

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith, P.L.C.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
djester(at)gjtbs.com (djester(at)gjtbs.com)
[b]CONFIDENTIALITY[/b]
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain materials protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify Dave Jester at Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith by return email or at telephone number 850-436-7000. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us. Any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used to avoid tax penalties.

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
david(at)mcgirt.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

That is an interesting thought Dave, given that I fly with an all tail dragger group mostly, I am not sure I would trust a camera to do the job anyway. I use them on the tail and such to film practices, but I honestly would not bet my prop or worse on one... The TD is a bear on the ground, but acceptable.... Swap the breaks for clevelands.. Then you might be happier.. For the TD not a bad thought, on a straight Yak, air works great ( that will probably start a long thread )

Will be interested in what you come up with...

David McGirt
Yak52TW

On 7/7/08 9:47 AM, "Dave Jester" <[url=djester(at)gjtbs.com]djester(at)gjtbs.com[/url]> wrote:

[quote]Folks:
I have a Yak 52TD (taildragger) that I would like to install a small lipstick camera to aid in taxing the A/C. Has anyone done such an installation in a TW? If so, what type of camera set up did you use? I am thinking of Bluetooth application.

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
[url=djester(at)gjtbs.com]djester(at)gjtbs.com[/url]
CONFIDENTIALITY
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain materials protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify Dave Jester at Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith by return email or at telephone number 850-436-7000. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.  Any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used to avoid tax penalties.

ail Forum -
">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
matronics.com
;- List Contribution Web Site -
;   -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

djester(at)gjtbs.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Dave: I agree that the taxing is a bit difficult on the ground with the air brakes for me so far. I have only got 12 hours flight time on the airplane since delivery and you can’t see anything over the nose. The s-taxiing has been an experience so far. I read where some of the P-51 guys have them installed with good success. I agree that you can’t rely on them totally. I just have visions of that Avenger two years ago at Oshkosh slamming into that RV (the line guys there are not the most experienced or reliable to keep you safe).

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
[b]CONFIDENTIALITY[/b]
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain materials protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify Dave Jester at Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith by return email or at telephone number 850-436-7000. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us. Any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used to avoid tax penalties.

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of David McGirt
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 10:07 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing

That is an interesting thought Dave, given that I fly with an all tail dragger group mostly, I am not sure I would trust a camera to do the job anyway. I use them on the tail and such to film practices, but I honestly would not bet my prop or worse on one... The TD is a bear on the ground, but acceptable.... Swap the breaks for clevelands.. Then you might be happier.. For the TD not a bad thought, on a straight Yak, air works great ( that will probably start a long thread )

David McGirt
Yak52TW

On 7/7/08 9:47 AM, "Dave Jester" <[url=djester(at)gjtbs.com]djester(at)gjtbs.com[/url]> wrote:
Folks:

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
CONFIDENTIALITY

ail Forum -
matronics.com
; -Matt Dralle, List Admin.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

netmaster15(at)juno.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:12 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Hi Dave, Real pilots don't need cameras to taxi tail draggers; "S" turns will make you look more like a pro. In addition, you might just get good at not using your brakes. RES IPSA!
Best Wishes,
Cliff Umscheid, YAK 50

-- "Dave Jester" <djester(at)gjtbs.com> wrote:

Folks:
I have a Yak 52TD (taildragger) that I would like to install a small lipstick camera to aid in taxing the A/C.  Has anyone done such an installation in a TW? If so, what type of camera set up did you use? I am thinking of Bluetooth application.

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
[b]CONFIDENTIALITY[/b]

[quote]

====================================
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
tronics.com
www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

buddairbum(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Never having flown a TW, although I¹ve sat in one, I have to ask a stupid
question: I¹m assuming it doesn¹t have a steerable tailwheel, which is why
there¹s so much discussion on the brakes? I ask because you don¹t normally
use brakes when S-turning a taildragger, Mustang on down (which I have
flown).

bd
On 7/7/08 9:09 AM, "netmaster15(at)juno.com" <netmaster15(at)juno.com> wrote:

[quote] Hi Dave, Real pilots don't need cameras to taxi tail draggers; "S" turns will
make you look more like a pro. In addition, you might just get good at not
using your brakes. RES IPSA!

Best Wishes,

Cliff Umscheid, YAK 50

-- "Dave Jester" <djester(at)gjtbs.com> wrote:
Folks:
I have a Yak 52TD (taildragger) that I would like to install a small lipstick
camera to aid in taxing the A/C. Has anyone done such an installation in a
TW? If so, what type of camera set up did you use? I am thinking of
Bluetooth application.

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
djester(at)gjtbs.com
CONFIDENTIALITY
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed

djester(at)gjtbs.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

The TD does not have a steerable.  tailwheel.  It uses differential braking.  to steer. The TW does have a.  steerable tailwheel.  The TD retains the airbrakes and so far the s-taxiing has been safe but slow for me.

---

drc(at)wscare.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:06 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

I would agree with Dave. I have a 4 camera system in my TW - I would not use it for taxiing. About $1000 worth of hardware. and 2 days of install. 4 sony lipstick cameras feeding into a 4 channel multiplex behind the front seet with one output and a 12v power lead to a digital recorder that has a small screen.I can send specifics if you want - it is a fun system for recording acro and the back seater's reactions, and I can look down at the screen and see the live recording, but I would question the use for taxiing - but if there are others that have been successful I won't knock it.
Herb

On Jul 7, 2008, at 10:49 AM, Dave Jester wrote:
Quote:
Dave: I agree that the taxing is a bit difficult on the ground with the air brakes for me so far. I have only got 12 hours flight time on the airplane since delivery and you can’t see anything over the nose. The s-taxiing has been an experience so far. I read where some of the P-51 guys have them installed with good success. I agree that you can’t rely on them totally. I just have visions of that Avenger two years ago at Oshkosh slamming into that RV (the line guys there are not the most experienced or reliable to keep you safe).

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
[b]CONFIDENTIALITY[/b]

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of David McGirt
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)

David McGirt
Yak52TW
Folks:

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
CONFIDENTIALITY

ail Forum -
matronics.com

Quote:
http://www.matronics.com/contribution
Quote:

[quote][b]

buddairbum(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

No one has ever been hurt taxiing too slowly. The only advantage to taxiing
fast is that it gets you to the scene of your own accident quicker.

bd
On 7/7/08 9:57 AM, "Dave Jester" <djester(at)gjtbs.com> wrote:

[quote] The TD does not have a steerable. tailwheel. It uses differential braking.
to steer. The TW does have a. steerable tailwheel. The TD retains the
airbrakes and so far the s-taxiing has been safe but slow for me.

---

cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

In a message dated 7/7/2008 1:07:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, drc(at)wscare.com writes:

I'd interest in the system details. Is it wireless?

Pappy

Quote:
I would agree with Dave. I have a 4 camera system in my TW - I would not use it for taxiing. About $1000 worth of hardware. and 2 days of install. 4 sony lipstick cameras feeding into a 4 channel multiplex behind the front seet with one output and a 12v power lead to a digital recorder that has a small screen. I can send specifics if you want - it is a fun system for recording acro and the back seater's reactions, and I can look down at the screen and see the live recording, but I would question the use for taxiing - but if there are others that have been successful I won't knock it.

Herb

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Dave,
I was going to keep my mouth shut but hell, I’m IN on this thread!
Patience! You just got started on this TD thing. Much different than that L-19 or T-6. S turns work real well without  even having to unlock the tail-wheel. Set your %RPM at 38-40%. Your taxi speed will be up higher but you will be using your prop wash to steer the aircraft.  It is more of a gradual S than the Snappy Sharp S’s that Dave McGirt and the other TW guys do with those clevelands.  By unlocking the tail-wheel but keeping your RPM down ~30%, you can do the sharp S’s. You are going to heat up your brakes more often though. You have not experience that yet.
Now having said all that, the new owner of Bud Harrelson’s YAK 50 installed the GM backup blue tooth camera in the fairing on the left main and mounted the screen on a fold down bracket on his glare shield. Unfortunately, I lost his email address along with the JPG.s  of that installation when I had to reformate my hard drive!
If Mark is lurking, can you supply the info.
Personally, I have stayed with the stock blind bulbous nose on my 50 and have not added a camera. I do have a Samsung CR-X1 waterproof sports camera with the lipstick camera that I can attach to my helmet or the glare shield. It is kind of a pain to operate though. It is best to just turn it on at the start of the sortie and leave it on. It is hardwired not blue tooth. You are going to find that all the those bells and whistles are a pain in the ass.
Doc

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Dave Jester
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 11:57 AM

The TD does not have a steerable. tailwheel. It uses differential braking. to steer. The TW does have a. steerable tailwheel. The TD retains the airbrakes and so far the s-taxiing has been safe but slow for me.

---

djester(at)gjtbs.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Thanks Doc.  I appreciate the comments.  I am finding that the gentle turns with 30-40% allows you to turn using the airflow over the rudder.   I just hate being totally blind in the front.  The camera would not be a substitute for the s-turn, only additional insurance.  There aren’t going to be any hard s-turns with this airplane and airbrakes.    

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
[b]CONFIDENTIALITY[/b]
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain materials protected by attorney-client privilege. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error, and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you received this email in error, please immediately notify Dave Jester at Galloway, Johnson, Tompkins, Burr & Smith by return email or at telephone number 850-436-7000. You will be reimbursed for reasonable costs incurred in notifying us.  Any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended to be used, and cannot be used to avoid tax penalties.

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Roger Kemp MD
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 12:47 PM
Subject: RE: Yak-List: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing

Dave,
I was going to keep my mouth shut but hell, I’m IN on this thread!
Patience! You just got started on this TD thing. Much different than that L-19 or T-6. S turns work real well without  even having to unlock the tail-wheel. Set your %RPM at 38-40%. Your taxi speed will be up higher but you will be using your prop wash to steer the aircraft.  It is more of a gradual S than the Snappy Sharp S’s that Dave McGirt and the other TW guys do with those clevelands.  By unlocking the tail-wheel but keeping your RPM down ~30%, you can do the sharp S’s. You are going to heat up your brakes more often though. You have not experience that yet.
Now having said all that, the new owner of Bud Harrelson’s YAK 50 installed the GM backup blue tooth camera in the fairing on the left main and mounted the screen on a fold down bracket on his glare shield. Unfortunately, I lost his email address along with the JPG.s  of that installation when I had to reformate my hard drive!
If Mark is lurking, can you supply the info.
Personally, I have stayed with the stock blind bulbous nose on my 50 and have not added a camera. I do have a Samsung CR-X1 waterproof sports camera with the lipstick camera that I can attach to my helmet or the glare shield. It is kind of a pain to operate though. It is best to just turn it on at the start of the sortie and leave it on. It is hardwired not blue tooth. You are going to find that all the those bells and whistles are a pain in the ass.
Doc

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Dave Jester
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: Yak-List: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing

The TD does not have a steerable.  tailwheel.  It uses differential braking.  to steer. The TW does have a.  steerable tailwheel.  The TD retains the airbrakes and so far the s-taxiing has been safe but slow for me.

---

mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

I would recommend going to any security camera store to find the camera of choice. I do not recommend blue tooth as it is easy to jam and I simply do not see the need for it, but if you happen to like that idea.... to each their own. A standard DVD player for around $70 will supply you with a NTSC video input connector and an OUTSTANDING, but cheap display...mount it where you like, plumb the audio into your headsets and then you can also watch movies during your next cross country as well! Blue tooth can apply with the audio too, but as I said I simply do not like blue tooth. Maybe that is because I carry a blue-tooth // cell phone jammer with me in my car and know how easy it is to shut them down like a bad tv show. A way to RECORD camera video should also be high up there on the "to do" list.

Personally, I think a mounted camera is a neat toy. I would love to have one that could be remote controlled. Before everyone laughs at something like that as being "not needed", it might be interesting to point out that the F-14 had one, and so do a few of the high end Russian fighters. Not for the same reasons of course.

Being able to record your flight... Formation or otherwise, even taxing, can be a lot of fun and is a great teaching aid.

I admit that putting video in simply for taxing is not "fighter pilot like" and should be avoided at all costs.

Dave, honestly......you really screwed the pooch on that one! What you SHOULD have said was: "I need to mount a camera so that I can PROVE all those gun kills that I have when I fly 1v1 ACM! My buddies are poor losers and I want to show them on tape how they SUCK!"

Say THAT, and you will have nothing but support. Being a lawyer, I would have expected you to know such things. Smile

Mark Bitterlich
N50YK

--

jland(at)popeandland.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Herb

I¹d like to know which ³switcher² you are using.

Thanks, Jay

Reply-To: <yak-list(at)matronics.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:04:02 -0500
To: <yak-list(at)matronics.com>

I would agree with Dave. I have a 4 camera system in my TW - I would not
use it for taxiing. About $1000 worth of hardware. and 2 days of install.
4 sony lipstick cameras feeding into a 4 channel multiplex behind the front
seet with one output and a 12v power lead to a digital recorder that has a
small screen.
I can send specifics if you want - it is a fun system for recording acro and
the back seater's reactions, and I can look down at the screen and see the
live recording, but I would question the use for taxiing - but if there are
others that have been successful I won't knock it.

Herb

[quote] Dave: I agree that the taxing is a bit difficult on the ground with the air
brakes for me so far. I have only got 12 hours flight time on the airplane
since delivery and you can¹t see anything over the nose. The s-taxiing has
been an experience so far. I read where some of the P-51 guys have them
installed with good success. I agree that you can¹t rely on them totally. I
just have visions of that Avenger two years ago at Oshkosh slamming into that
RV (the line guys there are not the most experienced or reliable to keep you
safe).

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
djester(at)gjtbs.com
CONFIDENTIALITY
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed

petervs(at)knology.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Herb Coussons
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 12:04 PM

I would agree with Dave. I have a 4 camera system in my TW - I would not use it for taxiing. About $1000 worth of hardware. and 2 days of install. 4 sony lipstick cameras feeding into a 4 channel multiplex behind the front seet with one output and a 12v power lead to a digital recorder that has a small screen.
I can send specifics if you want - it is a fun system for recording acro and the back seater's reactions, and I can look down at the screen and see the live recording, but I would question the use for taxiing - but if there are others that have been successful I won't knock it.

Herb

dave jester

W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile

CONFIDENTIALITY

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of David McGirt

David McGirt
Yak52TW

Folks:

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
CONFIDENTIALITY

ail Forum -
matronics.com

Quote:
http://www.matronics.com/contribution http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-Listblue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://forums.matronics.comstyle="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

djester(at)gjtbs.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

I meant to say I wanted one to record my gun kills...I just said it incorrectly.

dave jester

W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
djester(at)gjtbs.com
CONFIDENTIALITY

--

drc(at)wscare.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

I will get the exact manufacture and the info posted later this week. 3 cameras are between the front and rear cockpits and the fourth is in the front
The DVR box is on the side panel on the left and cn be unclipped and removed easily to dump into a computer. It saves as an avi file about 600mb per hour recording. This shows up on a TV ok but I can easily edit it down for posting on the web. This DVR is a cheap chinese one - it has a 40GB drive so it can hold 50+ hours of video.
The multiplexor is behind the front seat - it looks like the brand is Supercircuits - it and the cameras were orded from a security system company
Here is a link to a very similar one. http://www.supercircuits.com/Video-Processors/QS29
My system is color.
As to the other questions - mine is hardwired not bluetooth.
Herb
[img]cid:C7701E81-47B3-4362-82BC-E80BD30A9AD0[/img]
[img]cid:05685F43-4CF9-4AD0-B3BC-0060A0CD3D18[/img][img]cid:50E17320-451A-456A-8E0B-45CB8FF872AB[/img]
On Jul 7, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Jay Land wrote:
Quote:
Herb

I’d like to know which “switcher” you are using.

Thanks, Jay

From: Herb Coussons <drc(at)wscare.com (drc(at)wscare.com)>
Reply-To: <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
To: <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

I would agree with Dave. I have a 4 camera system in my TW - I would not use it for taxiing. About $1000 worth of hardware. and 2 days of install. 4 sony lipstick cameras feeding into a 4 channel multiplex behind the front seet with one output and a 12v power lead to a digital recorder that has a small screen.
I can send specifics if you want - it is a fun system for recording acro and the back seater's reactions, and I can look down at the screen and see the live recording, but I would question the use for taxiing - but if there are others that have been successful I won't knock it.

Herb

Quote:

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
CONFIDENTIALITY

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] ([email]owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com][/email]) On Behalf Of David McGirt

David McGirt
Yak52TW

On 7/7/08 9:47 AM, "Dave Jester" <djester(at)gjtbs.com (djester(at)gjtbs.com)> wrote:
Folks:

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
CONFIDENTIALITY

ail Forum -
matronics.com
://www.matronics.com/contribution <http://www.matronics.com/contribution>

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List <http://www.matronics.com/contribution>
blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://forums.matronics.com <http://www.matronics.com/contribution>
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.matronics.com/contribution <http://www.matronics.com/contribution>

ail Forum -
matronics.com

Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

P4240004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.11 KB
 Viewed:  233 Time(s)

P4240004.jpg

P4240008.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.75 KB
 Viewed:  224 Time(s)

P4240008.jpg

P4240011.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.41 KB
 Viewed:  239 Time(s)

P4240011.jpg

petervs(at)knology.net

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Yak 52TD camera for taxiing Reply with quote

Herb,

I’ve always wanted to do this, but actually use 9 cameras and then use a DVR recorder that is designed to use the MultiView function on a DVD so that all tracks are recorded simultaneously and the viewer can switch between the views. Any ideas how to do that?

Pete

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Herb Coussons
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2008 4:33 PM

I will get the exact manufacture and the info posted later this week.
3 cameras are between the front and rear cockpits and the fourth is in the front

The DVR box is on the side panel on the left and cn be unclipped and removed easily to dump into a computer. It saves as an avi file about 600mb per hour recording. This shows up on a TV ok but I can easily edit it down for posting on the web. This DVR is a cheap chinese one - it has a 40GB drive so it can hold 50+ hours of video.

The multiplexor is behind the front seat - it looks like the brand is Supercircuits - it and the cameras were orded from a security system company

Here is a link to a very similar one. http://www.supercircuits.com/Video-Processors/QS29

My system is color.

As to the other questions - mine is hardwired not bluetooth.

Herb

[img]cid:image001.jpg(at)01C8E065.F3920190[/img]

[img]cid:image002.jpg(at)01C8E065.F3920190[/img][img]cid:image003.jpg(at)01C8E065.F3920190[/img]
On Jul 7, 2008, at 3:22 PM, Jay Land wrote:

Herb

I’d like to know which “switcher” you are using.

Thanks, Jay

From: Herb Coussons <drc(at)wscare.com (drc(at)wscare.com)>
Reply-To: <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>
To: <yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)>

Herb

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
CONFIDENTIALITY

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] ([email]owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com][/email]) On Behalf Of David McGirt

David McGirt
Yak52TW

On 7/7/08 9:47 AM, "Dave Jester" <djester(at)gjtbs.com (djester(at)gjtbs.com)> wrote:
Folks:

dave jester
W. David Jester, Esq.
118 East Garden Street
Pensacola, FL 32502
(850) 436-7000
(850) 436-7099 facsimile
CONFIDENTIALITY

ail Forum -
matronics.com
://www.matronics.com/contribution <http://www.matronics.com/contribution>

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List <http://www.matronics.com/contribution>
blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://forums.matronics.com <http://www.matronics.com/contribution>
style="color: blue; text-decoration: underline; ">http://www.matronics.com/c<http://www.matronics.com/contribution>

ail Forum -
matronics.com

Quote:
href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-Listhref="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.comhref="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  64.11 KB
 Viewed:  230 Time(s)

image001.jpg

image002.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.75 KB
 Viewed:  236 Time(s)

image002.jpg

image003.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  60.41 KB
 Viewed:  239 Time(s)

image003.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: