Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Observations on heat in cabin and CO2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryanmmartin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Observations on heat in cabin and CO2 Reply with quote

I think you mean CO, not CO2. Carbon monoxide (CO) is deadly at
concentrations as low as 0.05%. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is also toxic,
but only at concentrations above 5%.

On Aug 12, 2008, at 5:20 PM, Juan Vega wrote:

Quote:

>

Ladies and Gents and all others:

In the email stream of sealing the cabin to the engine location,
Some observations came to mind on heat froofing and CO2 proofing the
cabin.

--
Bryan Martin
N61BM, CH 601 XL,
RAM Subaru, Stratus redrive.
do not archive.

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List

do not archive.
leo(at)zuehlfield.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Observations on heat in cabin and CO2 Reply with quote

Juan,

It's CO not CO2 we worry about. The detectors are CO detectors not CO2.
As to exhaust extensions, been there done that. (Cool

Juan Vega wrote:
Quote:

Ladies and Gents and all others:

In the email stream of sealing the cabin to the engine location, Some observations came to mind on heat froofing and CO2 proofing the cabin.
Now on CO2, its not just in sealing the cabin to engine gaps, but where the exhaust comes out. For $20.00, take your muffler to the nearest Muffler shop and they will make a bolt on Muffler extension that pushes the heat as well as exhaust away from Cabin floor.

Finally for $8.00, get your self a CO2 decal detector.
427JV out!

Juan

--
Leo Gates
N601Z - CH601HDS TDO
Rotax 912UL

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

amyvega2005(at)earthlink.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Observations on heat in cabin and CO2 Reply with quote

Thanx Leo for the Chem Lesson. As for Been there done that, Look in the mirror and pat your self on the back! Good Boy! you get a Scooby Snack and A happy sticker!! as my Josh says.

Juan

--

chris Sinfield

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Observations on heat in cabin and CO2 Reply with quote

The other area that you may want to look at is

the rear fuse access pane and hinge point. The engine exhaust blows straight past it and may leak back into the fuse.
Chris.

Last edited by chris Sinfield on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ronlee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Observations on heat in cabin and CO2 Reply with quote

I removed the flap handle bracket from the floor of my 701 when I put in an electric system. I plugged the open rivet holes but was short one 5/32 rivet so that hole was opened. I had forgotten about it. I could smell exhaust when flying. I plugged that ONE hole and the exhaust smell went away.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: