Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Epoxy on Trailing edges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfgilmore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Epoxy on Trailing edges Reply with quote

Can anyone explain why the epoxy is needed on the trailing edges?  I have just finished the flaps and ailerons, and the clecoed trailing edges (with dry center wedge) follow a laser line of straightness.  I'm afraid that if I pry the skins apart enough (everything is such a nice tight fit now) to get the center wedge in with epoxy, that I'll bend the skins outward, and I will ruin the nice straight edge that I now have.  Therefore, I'd rather not use the epoxy and just go ahead with the double-flush riveting... Has anyone done it this way?  I went flying with a friend today in a 172, and there was certainly no epoxy used on the trailing edges of those wings!

Jim GIlmore, #40317
Wings, Empennage finished, ready to start fuse
Looking for spoilers and reviews on the new TV season? Get AOL's ultimate guide to fall TV.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
ricksked(at)embarqmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Epoxy on Trailing edges Reply with quote

Jim,
It's not epoxy, it's Proseal. It's intent is to keep everything aligned until the Proseal sets, then you come back and double flush rivet the avex wedge and the skins. Some use it, some don't, I did because the Proseal fills the gap between the skins and the wedge and makes for a nicer finish...not quite a elegant as the corrugated bent to crap T.E.'s seen on the 172.
Rick S.
do not archive
---

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: