Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yak-List Digest: Re: OL's and SAC's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhancock(at)worldwidewarb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Yak-List Digest: Re: OL's and SAC's Reply with quote

Dennis,

Senior moment....I stand corrected.  What I was referring to was the elimination of the requirement to notify the geographically responsible FSDO for maintenance flights outside the proficiency area....that was paragraph 46 in the old 8130-2.  In 8130-2f the paragraphs are all changed.  
Thanks for bringing this up and correcting it Dennis.  In my slip up I was confusing the movement that created AFS-800 and *intent* of EAAWB, CJAA, and others to get the re-issuance of OL's  done away with as opposed to what has actually been made official.....measure twice, hit the send button once...my bad.
That being said, there is nothing in any of the new OL's that we've had reissued for customers to remove the range restriction (all through our local FSDO) that states a requirement to have them reissued when the aircraft is relocated.  But as you said, it's up to the discretion of you local FSDO.
Cheers,
Barry

On Sep 7, 2008, at 11:59 PM, Yak-List Digest Server wrote:
[quote]
Barry,
With all due respect, I don't believe the Memorandum eliminates the 
requirement for reissuance of operating limitations when the aircraft is 
relocated.  It only eliminates the requirement for the appropriate 
paragraph 161 b, (31), (32), (33) or (34), each of which referred to 
proficiency area limitations. [b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Yak-List Digest: Re: OL's and SAC's Reply with quote

Barry,
No problem. I have them (senior moments) far more often than I would like to.

If AFS 800 would have thought before they issued the letter eliminating the proficiency area for NEW OL's, they could have easily included a paragraph in the letter saying something like, "This letter, when carried in the aircraft, removes the proficiency area stated in the aircraft's Operating Limitations." But no, they had to create more paperwork for the local FSDO's for aircraft with existing OL's. The only way the proficiency area is removed from existing OL's is to have them reissued by the FSDO. To my way of thinking, that's pretty shortsighted.

Dennis

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: