Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Second Annual Lightning Fly-In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N1BZRich(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:26 am    Post subject: Second Annual Lightning Fly-In Reply with quote

All,
Looking at the calendar I just realized the Second Annual Lightning Fly-In is just two weeks away.  Many of you have probably already finalized plans to be there for this outstanding get together - and that's great. But for those of you that have not made up your minds to attend, let me encourage you to do so. 
For any Lightning enthusiast or someone contemplating building a Lightning in the future there is no better way to gather factual information, talk to current builders and flyers, and of course hear the word straight form the "horse's mouth" - that would be Arion, the horse from Greek mythology. Top that off with demonstration rides in the new 2008 Lightning Demonstrator, briefings by Lightning builders and pilots, and other fun events that the SYI guys have planned and you will have a wonderful trip. And don't forget the great Tennessee BBQ and pork chops.
Also, I encourage you to bring your spouse.  Building an airplane turns into a family accomplishment and hopefully your spouse is just as enthusiastic as you are.
One last thing - we are hoping to get an update briefing on the latest Lightning Skunk Works experiments. As was mentioned in the last newsletter, Arion has been doing some testing with the new Olympic Speedo swimsuit material with Mark as the test pilot. With the "proper encouragement" (lots of beer) perhaps Mark will do a "fly-by" wearing his speedo. Can you picture that? Get your cameras ready, it may be a "fast pass". Yep, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive - it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Mark in his speedo. Hey, Lightning dealers, how about you guys (Tom, AL, Greg, Ryan, Doug, and Dennis) all "suiting up" in your own speedos for a formation "fly-by"? Now that's entertainment - Not.
Blue Skies,
Buz

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
pequeajim

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Second Annual Lightning Fly-In Reply with quote

Come on Buz; I just ate lunch!

[quote]
Arion has been doing some testing with the new Olympic Speedo swimsuit material with Mark as the test pilot. With the "proper encouragement" (lots of beer) perhaps Mark will do a "fly-by" wearing his speedo. Can you picture that? Get your cameras ready, it may be a "fast pass". Yep, faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive - it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's Mark in his speedo. Hey, Lightning dealers, how about you guys (Tom, AL, Greg, Ryan, Doug, and Dennis) all "suiting up" in your own speedos for a formation "fly-by"? Now that's entertainment - Not.
Blue Skies,
Buz

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.
Quote:

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lightningaustralia(at)big

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Second Annual Lightning Fly-In Reply with quote

HI Buzz, I not sure about modelling the Speedo suit not really cut out for that one ,but I hope all of you guys have a great time at the annual Lightning Fly In ,wish I could be there to join you but unfortunately its a bit to far away.
Builder assist Lightning No 58 had its inspection today ,so we are just waiting for the paperwork to come back & the owner Peter Mitchell can get air bourne.

Best Regards, Dennis LIGHTNING AIRCRAFT AUSTRALIA.
[quote] ---

lozhoffman(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:13 pm    Post subject: Second Annual Lightning Fly-In Reply with quote

Hi Dennis,
After reading this post I was wondering when an Aussie Lightning Fly In might be feasible? How many Lightnings are flying in Oz so far and how many are likely to be flying within the next 12 months?

I would be keen to fly the motorglider across to South Australia just to see several examples of Lightnings and to talk to owners as I'm sure there would be many others equally keen to do so.

Laurie Hoffman
Sydney

--- On Sat, 9/13/08, Lightning Aircraft Australia <lightningaustralia(at)bigpond.com> wrote:

[quote] From: Lightning Aircraft Australia <lightningaustralia(at)bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: Second Annual Lightning Fly-In
To: lightning-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Saturday, September 13, 2008, 2:52 AM
HI Buzz, I not sure about modelling the Speedo suit not
really cut out for that one ,but I hope all of you guys have
a great time at the annual Lightning Fly In ,wish I could be
there to join you but unfortunately its a bit to far away.
Builder assist Lightning No 58 had its inspection today ,so
we are just waiting for the paperwork to come back & the
owner Peter Mitchell can get air bourne.

Best Regards, Dennis LIGHTNING AIRCRAFT AUSTRALIA.
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: