Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rivets in flaperon brackets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
occom

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: rivets in flaperon brackets Reply with quote

I've been mounting the brackets and I've found two things that I need to check. First, I show the rivets 95007 as 1/4 by 1/8 Alu. But I appear to have an identical bag labelled 95012. I cannot locate the original little chart I made up of Number vs size/material on the rivets.

The second issue surrounds actually installing the rivets at the very back of the bracket. I don't appear to have enough room for the opposing rivets, they hit each other. The holes line up and I'm almost tempted to use a 1/8 in bolt all the way through from top to bottom. Has anyone else hit this issue?
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
Tom Jones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: rivets in flaperon brackets Reply with quote

[quote="occom"]I've been mounting the brackets and I've found two things that I need to check. First, I show the rivets 95007 as 1/4 by 1/8 Alu. But I appear to have an identical bag labelled 95012. I cannot locate the original little chart I made up of Number vs size/material on the rivets.

The second issue surrounds actually installing the rivets at the very back of the bracket. I don't appear to have enough room for the opposing rivets, they hit each other. The holes line up and I'm almost tempted to use a 1/8 in bolt all the way through from top to bottom. Has anyone else hit this issue?
Quote:
[b]

The bag of 95012 rivets is for your wing tip flanges.

The spacing of the flaperon bracket rivet holes should be different between top and bottom brackets so that the rivets are staggered and don't interfere.

Just thinking out loud, there are plenty of rivets at each hinge...16...and the design of the system ties the 4 brackets together when the hinge is bolted up. It seems a little modification like a 1/8th bolt wouldn't reduce the integrity or strength. Also, you could just drill another hole 1/4 inch forward in one bracket.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Ellensburg, WA

Last edited by Tom Jones on Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total
thesupe(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: rivets in flaperon brackets Reply with quote

Hi Tom C thanks again for your quick resonces to the questions that are comming up. That last question wasn't mine though. The author of it is listed as occom. Don't know who he is. On my plane C I got the flaperon rigging done and now I will do the turtle deck and associated parts with it while the wings are on. After that I will uncleco the brackets from the wings and they will just about be ready to cover. Thanks again for all your help. I just thought of another question. What are the 3 tabs for on the bottom of the fusaloge. Two are on the crosstube that lines up with the strut attachments and one is on the crosstube just in front of that. I looked in the manual again last evening and find no mention of them. Add on baggage compartment maybe???? Thanks again. Jim Chuk Kitfox 4 building. Mn> Subject: Re: rivets in flaperon brackets> From: nahsikhs(at)elltel.net> Date: Mon C 22 Sep 2008 05:49:59 -0700> To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com> >

Tom Jones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: rivets in flaperon brackets Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Tom C thanks again for your quick resonces to the questions that are comming up. That last question wasn't mine though.

Oops, I'll edit my earlier post so I don't confuse him about his name and the wing covering.

Yes the three tabs on the bottom of the fuselage are to attach a cargo pod. There are two more tabs (horizontal) an inch or so in front of each end of the control column. I drilled the floor boards to match those while building so I can find them if needed in the future.

Ellensburg, WA
occom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: rivets in flaperon brackets Reply with quote

Thanks, Both wings are covered and currently UV coated with EkoFill. I will
be painting when I have the brackets on.
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: