Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

pre-oilers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keithmckinley

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: pre-oilers Reply with quote

anyone have any experience with infinity aerospace pre-oilers? Oilamatic sytems seem a little over priced.

K

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: pre-oilers Reply with quote

K, I've used a pre-[url=#]oiler[/url] set up by Bill [url=#]Blackwell[/url] at [url=#]DVT[/url].  I've used it and 10 micron filter on my [url=#]M[/url]-[url=#]14p[/url] for some 1,500 hours as of my last annual.  I've also been using them religiously on the B-24 with the [url=#]Collings[/url] Foundation.  They do make a difference.  

A pre-[url=#]oiler[/url] does not have to cost a lot.  They are basically an electric fuel pump ([url=#]24V[/url]) that takes oil off the oil tank (about half way up the tank) and pumps into the oil pump.  I used the old oil dilution switch (a momentary on switch)=2 0to do my pre oiling.  Holding it on until I see some oil pressure on the gage.  I found though tests that with-in only 10 seconds or so after turning the switch on, I was getting oil flow though the prop governor.

BTW guys have been on my ass for the last 3 days waiting for decent weather here at HPN.  All so far this year I had nothing but CAVU (well 99% of the time).  I getting tired sitting, selling T shirts, and answering the same questions, with no break to fly.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

viperdoc(at)mindspring.co

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: pre-oilers Reply with quote

Damned Pappy hate it for you! I’ll trade you 53 patients in the office on Monday for a day answering questions about the range and armament.
Enjoy ol’ boy, some of us have work for a living!
Doc

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of cjpilot710(at)aol.com
Sent: Sunday, September 28, 2008 8:04 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: pre-oilers

K,
I've used a pre-oiler set up by Bill Blackwell at DVT. I've used it and 10 micron filter on my M-14p for some 1,500 hours as of my last annual. I've also been using them religiously on the B-24 with the Collings Foundation. They do make a difference.

A pre-oiler does not have to cost a lot. They are basically an electric fuel pump (24V) that takes oil off the oil tank (about half way up the tank) and pumps into the oil pump. I used the old oil dilution switch (a momentary on switch)=2 0to do my pre oiling. Holding it on until I see some oil pressure on the gage. I found though tests that with-in only 10 seconds or so after turning the switch on, I was getting oil flow though the prop governor.

BTW guys have been on my ass for the last 3 days waiting for decent weather here at HPN. All so far this year I had nothing but CAVU (well 99% of the time). I getting tired sitting, selling T shirts, and answering the same questions, with no break to fly.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

--

keithmckinley

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: pre-oilers Reply with quote

Pappy,

I agree it should be fairly simple and as I mentioned in my email to you the use of the diluter momentary switch is a great idea. I don't see the need to tap the oil tank though. Seems a couple T's as shown in the attached PDF and a check valve positioned between them should work.

I'm probably missing something but with this plumbing and an on/off switch vs the momentary switch it might be a decent back up if the engine driven pump fails.

I'm looking at a Reverso GP-300 24V pump. (which specs say will produce 40 PSI) and a Strataflo 3/4" check valve.

Thoughts anyone?

Semper Fi,

Keith McKinley
700HS KFIT

oiler.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  oiler.pdf
 Filesize:  313.71 KB
 Downloaded:  285 Time(s)

cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: pre-oilers Reply with quote

I agree that just simple T fitting, but you see [url=#]I[/url] have a oil tank shut off valve at the base of my tank.  This keeps gallons of oil off my hangar floor and out of my engine when it sits any length of time.

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: