Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real cruise speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rimorbod

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Real cruise speed Reply with quote

Hi!
I have got a question to owner's an aircraft lightning. I would like to know what are the real cruise speed (TAS) and maximum speed (in practice).
Does anyone know?

R

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
rimorbod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Re: Real cruise speed Reply with quote

Can enybody answer my question? I want to know something about performance on flight level 0 and optimal high (optimal = the best cruise speed).

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

EAFerguson(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Real cruise speed Reply with quote

In a message dated 10/7/2008 5:35:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mcpc(at)wp.pl writes:
Quote:
Can enybody answer my question? I want to know something about performance on flight level 0 and optimal high (optimal = the best cruise speed).

Regular or Light Sport?

Earl Ferguson

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!
[quote][b]

IFLYSMODEL(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Real cruise speed Reply with quote

Hey Earl: My light sport configured Lightning cruised at 133 mph indicated (147 true) at 5500 MSL which had a density altitude of 6900 feet. (2900 RPM and about 5 gal per hour)
Lynn Nelsen

In a message dated 10/7/2008 7:51:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, EAFerguson(at)AOL.COM writes:
Quote:
In a message dated 10/7/2008 5:35:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, mcpc(at)wp.pl writes:
Quote:

Regular or Light Sport?

Earl Ferguson

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!
Quote:

[quote][b]

rimorbod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Real cruise speed Reply with quote

I'm interesting regular lightning.

EAFerguson(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Real cruise speed Reply with quote

In a message dated 10/7/2008 8:52:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, IFLYSMODEL(at)aol.com writes:
Quote:
Hey Earl: My light sport configured Lightning cruised at 133 mph indicated (147 true) at 5500 MSL which had a density altitude of 6900 feet. (2900 RPM and about 5 gal per hour)
Lynn Nelsen

Lynn,

You results are much better than mine. I don't have data at the same conditions, but the max range cruise used for my coast to coast record trip came to about 101 KTAS (116mph true) at 8500'. Density alt varied, this is an average for August weather - OAT 18 to 21C. Fuel burn was 4.2gph at altitude. I set power for fuel burn, so RPM varied a bit and I didn't record it, around 2750+/- from memory. Note that this isn't a normal cruise, it was based on minimizing fuel stops - 4 in 1840NM or an average of 386 NM (432SM) per leg. Based on fuel remaining at stops, I could have used a slightly higher power setting/fuel burn and maybe taken 5 or 10 minutes off the total trip time. Since I had to spend the night (10 hours) on the ground at Demming NM because of the Light Sport limitation it wouldn't have made much difference.

Earl Ferguson

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: