Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just for Grins - You be the Judge

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John T. Schmidt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Just for Grins - You be the Judge Reply with quote

Test Your Knowledge of FAA Violations!

1. You can be held responsible if the appropriate logbook entries are not made after a repair, alteration, or inspection.
True
False
2. You can operate an aircraft outside the United States on the pink copy of an application for registration.
True
False
3. An unreported drug or alcohol related driving infraction could cause the FAA to suspend or revoke a pilot's certificate.
True
False
4. If you move and enter your new address on an FAA form (such as an aircraft registration application) you still need to notify the Airman Certification Branch of the change.
True
False
5. If you rent or borrow someone's aircraft, you are not responsible if you fly that aircraft after it has missed an annual inspection.
True
False
6. A certified mechanic must replace the battery in your ELT in order for you to avoid suspension.
True
False

Answers next Sunday Question Question Question

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
olendorf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Just for Grins - You be the Judge Reply with quote

1. You can be held responsible if the appropriate logbook entries are not made after a repair, alteration, or inspection.
True
False
That's not true. Thousands of logbook entries are not made daily and I'm not responsible for any of them.

2. You can operate an aircraft outside the United States on the pink copy of an application for registration.
True
False
There are lots of airplanes outside of the United States. I suppose that could be true in lots of countries.

3. An unreported drug or alcohol related driving infraction could cause the FAA to suspend or revoke a pilot's certificate.
True
False
If it isn't reported how does anyone know?

4. If you move and enter your new address on an FAA form (such as an aircraft registration application) you still need to notify the Airman Certification Branch of the change.
True
False
I do not need to do this. I may want to but I don't need to.

5. If you rent or borrow someone's aircraft, you are not responsible if you fly that aircraft after it has missed an annual inspection.
True
False
Responsible for what? Washing it? False.

6. A certified mechanic must replace the battery in your ELT in order for you to avoid suspension.
True
False
I don't have an ELT and I'm not suspended so, False.

7. Do you want to anyone answer John T. Schmidt's questions and be thoroughly trounced like Thom Riddle was so John T. Schmidt can sound so knowledgeable and self-important?
True
False.
Bite Me.
Answers next Sunday

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://sites.google.com/site/kolbfirestar/
james.clayton(at)quantumw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Just for Grins - You be the Judge Reply with quote

Good evening, Mr. Schmidt,

Perhaps Scott's cleverly composed response will help you understand this is
a community that happily welcomes new members desiring to add something
useful, and will shun with equal fervor officious, self-important windbags
attempting to bully the decent, friendly folks here. You have no idea the
range of experience this community brings together. I'll give you a hint:
we have experienced pilots from the military, commercial aviation, EAA
teachers, and a wealth of experience from non-professional pilots ready to
share what they have seen and done, and all just as quick to admit where
they are not sure-asking for a hand.

What do we have in common? Humility.

Many of us with various levels of flying experience can spot a poser not
worth reading based on a search for this one simple quality. It is amazing
how often the loudest actor demanding to be heard proves over time he should
be ignored.

I invite you to consider bringing humility to your correspondence by
treating this community as the rich resource the diverse experience
provides. As a former professional pilot and CFI I have learned more from
this community about building, repairing, and flying Kolbs along with
understanding regulatory considerations than all my professional flying and
teaching. We each have an opportunity to teach and learn here. Most take
advantage in a productive way.

Otherwise I implore you to choose a different aviation forum upon which to
inflict your flaccid attempt at impressing with knowledge and experience.

Good day sir, Jim

--

lucien

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Just for Grins - You be the Judge Reply with quote

John T. Schmidt wrote:

Cool... Here's my whack at this....

True
False

I believe false. An Experimental AB airplane doesn't require a logbook entries at all for any maintenance done. I do think (may be wrong tho) major alterations and annual condition inspections have to be recorded in order for it to maintain airworthiness. Since you (the owner/op) are responsible for maintaining the a/c in airworthy condition, you probably can be popped by FnAA for neglecting this.
Not sure about all this tho.

True
False

I have no idea as to the answer to this. I'd say this is true as the pink copy is basically equivalent to a registration for its duration.

True
False

FnAA can suspend your medical for an alki-related infraction for sure, but I don't know about your certificate itself. I'd say they probably could.

True
False

No idea, but I think the answer is false.

True
False

False. As the owner _or_ operator, you're responsible for maintaining the a/c in airworthy condition. If it's out of annual and you flew it, you're responsible.

True
False

Er, suspension meaning what?
Anyway, this is covered in FAR 91.207. Looks like anyone can replace the ELT batteries, but only whoever has the authority to do the condition inspection on an EAB plane can inspect it and make the logbook entry in the last 12 mos. For standard category planes, that's an AnP/IA..

Those are my tries at it...

LS
Answers next Sunday Question Question Question

HShack(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Just for Grins - You be the Judge Reply with quote

Geez, I should have stayed in school so I could talk good like that.

Howard Shackleford
FS II
SC
do not archive
In a message dated 10/20/2008 1:31:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, james.clayton(at)quantumwrench.com writes:
Quote:
Many of us with various levels of flying experience can spot a poser not
worth reading based on a search for this one simple quality. It is amazing
how often the loudest actor demanding to be heard proves over time he should
be ignored.

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!
[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: