Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New DVD: Scratch Building Basics for Metal Aircraft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon(at)joncroke.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:29 pm    Post subject: New DVD: Scratch Building Basics for Metal Aircraft Reply with quote

This is a one time announcement of a brand new video that HomebuiltHELP will be releasing this weekend:

"Scratch Building Basics for Metal Aircraft"

This film is targeted towards the person who would like to witness the creating of metal ribs, spars and other components from scratch that are used in constructing a plane like a 601 or 701. An excellent resource for those who want a genuine understanding of the skills, tools and techniques of plans building.

The most significant feature of this production is that it "stars' two gentlemen that you are already quite familiar with... and I will let you discover who these builders are by visiting http://homebuilthelp.com/Scratch.htm

Won't take up any more bandwidth here with details; they are all on the aforementioned website.

Hope to see all at Sun n Fun... a great way to kiss the winter time goodbye one more time and welcome the upcoming spring!

Jon

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
TH-SR

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: New DVD: Scratch Building Basics for Metal Aircraft Reply with quote

Jon, Mark and David (and all);

I just received and reviewed your latest "project." You guys are to be commended for this production.

The real world home shop presentation and construction atmosphere are perfect, and you've succeeded admirably in conveying the targeted knowledge. This project will continue to provide invaluable insight and techniques that will assist builders from any aviation community for years to come.

IMHO, Zenith should include this DVD 2-disc set with every set of plans sold to scratch builders (It took me countless hours, and more 6061-T6 and wood for forms then you could imagine, to produce ribs that I was eventually happy with. I must say, my early attempts were never as scary as the sample shown at the end of the video!).

My advice for all future scratch-builders: Order this DVD set before you order the plans. You won't be disappointed!

Todd Henning
West Bend, WI
701stol(at)gmail.com

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Chris Lewis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: New DVD: Scratch Building Basics for Metal Aircraft Reply with quote

This is my second Homebuilt Help video and I've enjoyed both of them. My wife and kids groaned at the "helper" in this video Wink , but the information was first rate.

I'd recommend this video to anyone interested in scratch building. I enjoyed that they show you how to do things at home with tools you may actually have or can easily build or obtain.

I'm still trying to find those new brake plans, though...

Chris in Seattle

naumuk(at)alltel.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: New DVD: Scratch Building Basics for Metal Aircraft Reply with quote

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: