Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks for your support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pequeajim

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks for your support Reply with quote

A bunch of you have been sending me email asking “where are you, what’s going on?”.

Many of you also have reached out asking if there is anything that you can do to help. This group is wonderful from the fact that we all stick together and support each other, what a great group of friends!

Let me say that I needed some time away from my project. I will explain more in a minute; but first…

There have been a lot of questions asked and to be honest with you all, a greater number of questions asking what is wrong with the Lightning. This really caused me to take a step back and reevaluate my absence and what effect it would have on the community.

So let me clarify some things:

<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>There is nothing wrong with the Lightning, I love the airplane!
<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>I am not angry or upset with anyone, I’m just a little frustrated right now.
<![if !supportLists]>- <![endif]>Arion and Green Landings have both been VERY helpful and I believe are working in my best interests.

Now to explain. This has been a long build process for me. It has been a great time working with Ryan and the Green Landings folks who have made my build experience a good one. I would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who would like to build a Lightning, I mean that!

Like many folks who build, I have been pushing myself to the limit of my time availability and financial limitations. This has affected my work and family life. This sometimes makes the build a bit stressful and when you run into problems, (like everyone does during their build), things can get even more out of hand. I thought I was at the point where I would be spending a lot of time flying right now, instead, my aircraft is sitting in a hangar waiting for my engine to come back from Shelbyville. I had reached a point where I was so frustrated, that I was ready to sell the thing that I really enjoyed and put it all behind me. This would have been a mistake.

In the end my wife really convinced me to take a step back and see how the situation plays out. I decided that this was good advice and will do so. I really appreciate the efforts from Ryan and Nick to try to resolve any issues that have come up. They really want to see happy customers, and will do what is right to assure that this is the case.

I do have an engine issue. This is not cause for alarm, and is not directly attributed to Jabiru or the 3300; or your engines. It is something that we are trying to figure and Ryan and Nick are going to great lengths to understand the situation to determine the best path forward.

For now, let me just say that everything is fine. I’m not one to yell and scream at the little things. I prefer to take a controlled logical approach and put my trust in the people who are the experts. I think that trust is well founded and will be justified.

I will touch base with you all with a complete report including details of my situation in the near future. In the mean time, feel free to visit my web site for information on the lightning and the latest newsletter.

Until then, thanks for your support
Jim!
www.jimslightning.com

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: