Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Operational Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvonruden(at)generalequip

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Operational Questions Reply with quote

I am a relatively new CJ driver, having just obtained enough dual instruction time to allow be to satisfy my insurance requirements for solo. There is a lot of information pertaining to power settings out there, but also some conflicting information.

I’m looking for some advice from you seasoned drivers regarding:

<![if !supportLists]>1) <![endif]>A good economy cruise setting (pressure and RPM)
<![if !supportLists]>2) <![endif]>A good high speed cruise setting (i.e.: 25” and 2250 RPM)
<![if !supportLists]>3) <![endif]>What is the ideal cylinder head temperature range to maintain? I have an EDM 700 installed.

Thanks for your assistance

<![if !mso]> <![endif]>

<![if !mso]> <![endif]> <![endif]--><![if !vml]>[img]cid:image002.gif(at)01C93AE4.C42BF760[/img]<![endif]>Dennis Von Ruden

General Equipment Company
507.451.5510 (P)
507.451.5511 (F)
dvonruden(at)generalequip.com

ALL INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL, AND/OR ATTACHMENT(S) IS CONFIDENTIAL. If you received this e mail in error, and are not the recipient(s) or responsible for receiving this e mail for the recipient, please inform the sender immediately, delete the e mail and any attachment(s) associated.
This email has been scanned by Barracuda - Email Security System.

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

image003.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.26 KB
 Viewed:  2255 Time(s)

image003.gif

image002.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  3.26 KB
 Viewed:  2255 Time(s)

image002.gif

image001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  77.91 KB
 Viewed:  315 Time(s)

image001.jpg

N642K

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Operational Questions Reply with quote

Welcome to the CJ community!

I'm also a new CJ owner. I look forward to everybodies responses as well.

I wish I had to EDM unit! My single cylinder unit always shows low temps and I usually run the gills nearly fully closed. Oil temps are also below the green arc unless the cooler door is nearly closed.

My (uneducated) cruise setting is 26" in and about 2100 rpm. Yields about 140 kts GS. Your results may vary.

Standby for a million opinions.

Welcome again!
Mike

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

ByronMFox(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Operational Questions Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, Dennis. If you'll go to the RPA's web sit and clip on training, then scroll down, you'll find the CJ's operating limitations and a host of other information. http://www.flyredstar.org/training-docs.php

Glad you've joined us. Where are you based? ...Blitz

In a message dated 10/30/2008 9:14:59 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, dvonruden(at)generalequip.com writes:
Quote:
st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

I am a relatively new CJ driver, having just obtained enough dual instruction time to allow be to satisfy my insurance requirements for solo. There is a lot of information pertaining to power settings out there, but also some conflicting information.

I’m looking for some advice from you seasoned drivers regarding:

1) A good economy cruise setting (pressure and RPM)
2) A good high speed cruise setting (i.e.: 25” and 2250 RPM)
3) What is the ideal cylinder head temperature range to maintain? I have an EDM 700 installed.

Thanks for your assistance

Dennis Von Ruden

General Equipment Company
507.451.5510 (P)
507.451.5511 (F)
dvonruden(at)generalequip.com

ALL INFORMATION IN THIS EMAIL, AND/OR ATTACHMENT(S) IS CONFIDENTIAL. If you received this e mail in error, and are not the recipient(s) or responsible for receiving this e mail for the recipient, please inform the sender immediately, delete the e mail and any attachment(s) associated.
This email has been scanned by Barracuda - Email Security System.

Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot 5 Travel Deals!
[quote][b]

keithmckinley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Operational Questions Reply with quote

I burn about 13 gph at 2000 rpm and 620. Leaned out to about 730-750 degrees on the left exhaust.

Cruise is 240 clicks

Keith
700hs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: