Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: 52 Reply with quote

Dennis-like you I sell 52s.But it really is misleading to say that a 52 is simple and forgiving,since in some spins it certainly is not!
A 52 WILL allways recover from a spin,BUT it really does need good instruction for a pilot to be sure of recovery from a developed flat spin,and it is not that unusual for this to occur from a mis-handled stall-turn.
The 52 is a great plane and an excellent aerobatic one at that.But it is only safe in aerobatics IF the pilot has had correct instruction from someone who really knows the type.
I have seen the consequences when this training has not been done.
Richard

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Lyonshall
Hereford
HR5 3LW
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1544 340120
Fax: +44 (0) 1544 340129
www.russianaeros.com

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
dsavarese0812(at)bellsout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: 52 Reply with quote

Richard,
I don't believe at anytime I said that it was simple and forgiving because I too do NOT believe it is "simple and forgiving" in certain spin situations. We are clearly on the same page and I echo your insight. Once again, proper training is paramount.

Dennis

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

bwade154(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: 52 Reply with quote

Guys I earlier wrote that the flat spin is the one maneuver that will ruin your whole day without proper instruction and altitude and that still stands! In all fairness to the guys selling these aircraft what I should have added is that I've been flying the Yak 52 for 10 years now. My prior flying experience was 1,300hrs flying straight and level in a 172. After a year of getting familiar with the Yak I started flying acro and of all the maneuvers I've screwed up (and I screw up a lot) especially the hammer head NEVER has the airplane shown any bad flight characteristics or gone more than 1/4 turn before normal recovery. Possibly what I should have said is that until you have proper training in flat spin recovery in the 52 you have no idea how little to no control you have over the aircraft and as the instructor is doing all the right things to save the bacon your saying to yourself would I have done that for soooo long?

This has been my experience
Bill Wade
N4450Y

From: A. Dennis Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net>
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 7:54:37 AM
Subject: Re: 52

Richard,
I don't believe at anytime I said that it was simple and forgiving because I too do NOT believe it is "simple and forgiving" in certain spin situations. We are clearly on the same page and I echo your insight. Once again, proper training is paramount.

Dennis

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: