Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS number for the Zenith Sprl Cap O-Ring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
craig(at)craigandjean.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: MS number for the Zenith Sprl Cap O-Ring Reply with quote

I have one of the caps from my 2007 QBK lying in front of me. It looks just
like the picture in the Spruce catalog. With the o-ring removed and lying
"relaxed" on my desk the ID measures about 2.258 inches on my cheap plastic
dial caliper (plus or minus a few Angstroms). The diameter of the bottom of
the groove in the gray plastic cap is 2.264 inches. The diameter of the
actual circular cross section of the rubber is 0.114 inches. With the o-ring
in the cap the OD is 2.484 inches. That is a little off as 0.114 + 0.114 +
2.264 is 2.492, a 0.32% difference from 2.484.

If you need any different measurements just let me know. If you want more
accuracy (or maybe just significant digits) I can dig out my digital
caliper.

-- Craig

--

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Joe Kidd

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: MS number for the Zenith Sprl Cap O-Ring Reply with quote

Sabrina,
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
As with all of your Youtube videoĒs this one was also outstanding. Your idea is of merit but lacks feasibility as an overall GA approach. However, applied to CAP, Public Safety aviation and trained first responders with a good HazMat background who are involved in GA itĒs a winner. You are correct in reporting that low altitude as well as the lower speeds encountered in GA are conducive to such aircraft utilizing radiation detectors.

I wish you the best in your continued education and building, you were the motivating factor in my decision to begin an aircraft build. FWIW IĒm a law enforcement professional with an extensive background in HazMat as well as Homeland Security. Should you need information on personal protective equipment, respiratory protection or detection equipment IĒll be more than glad to point you in the right direction.

Best

Joe S.

Do Not Archive

To: zenith-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 5, 2008 1:32:56 PM
Subject: Zenith-List: Re: MS number for the Zenith Sprl Cap O-Ring

--> Zenith-List message posted by: "Sabrina" <chicago2paris(at)msn.com (chicago2paris(at)msn.com)>

Thank you all, especially Larry, Craig and Roger (from Zenith.) Just over $2 total delivered in 2 days--new O rings in hand from Spruce.

I noticed 50 views of my video on YouTube from Matronics this past week. For those of you who watched the video, what do you think of my idea? Out of 150,000 entries for Google's $10,000,000 great idea prize, I am holding in the top 10 in popularity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzI1b_nfAu8

Thank you guys for watching... It is now as important as ever to prove the value of our small aircraft to the government as they reconsider user fees. 

For those that have written off line asking what I have been doing... I have been designing N5887Q on CATIA with the help of some great engineers from coast to coast. They call me the Tom Sawyer of Spacecraft Design... I watch as others paint my fence for me (design my craft.) Surprised) I am learning a lot and I hope to start the mock up this fall and the prototype cockpit in 2009. I actually met the NASA Administrator this summer and he knew me on sight, kinda cool--he even wrote a follow up letter to me this fall. Sir Branson's people knew enough about me to ask my launch date and the Canadian Arrow guys took me out to dinner. Don't worry, I am keeping my design under wraps. Only my MIT guys know the details at this point.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p-> httr -Matenith-List" target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List<
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

craig(at)craigandjean.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: MS number for the Zenith Sprl Cap O-Ring Reply with quote

Just curious - what went wrong with the original o-rings?

-- Craig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: