Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Message for Dan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve2(at)sover.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Message for Dan Reply with quote

Mr. Dan Farmer,

Two things:

What you said was decent. (One could argue the point that the kind of hatred a party exhibited toward a sitting President HAS been seen before, and quite recently, but let's not!)

No one on this list has stated or implied your (or anyone's) belief in God makes you stupid, dumb, or ignorant.

Most of the fall color is past peak in New England. My wife got to ride shotgun in the right seat, down to Rhode Island, up to some work in the Boston Class B, then up through the White Mountains. Mt Washington already snow capped, with small streamers of clouds tearing off the peak. A smooth and fast downwind run back home.

Steve

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
nico(at)cybersuperstore.c

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: Message for Dan Reply with quote

Steve,

What a nice response.

You obviously don't "fear" Christians as the anti-Christian activists say they do (there aren't any on this list). I am not denying that there are some pretty scary characters posing as Christians (because of power, money and/or sex) but, unless they break the law, they pose no threat to anyone. Like one's TV, one can easily avoid them or tune them out. Usually one can easily identify them as frauds if one is that interested or so inclined. The others may display their different perceptions of what the Bible teaches but nothing more. To the unbeliever, it is a non issue and sometimes even a frustration.

Sometimes I, too, impose on the listers by posting religious material without knowing whether I require some to "tune out," which is a burden that should not be forced onto any one. The motive is to speak to similar minded listers and not to impose on the others (which is hardly possible). Such impositions have mostly been tolerated gracefully for which I am personally grateful. Some events, such as the recent election, will unavoidably spill over into the list with religion getting in by extension, or vice versa, but this list appears to always return to the crux of the matter, which is Commanders - and a nice verbal picture of Steve's day in the office, especially on bring-the-spouse-to-work days.

Nico

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Steve W
Sent: Saturday, November 08, 2008 5:54 AM
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Message for Dan

Mr. Dan Farmer,

Two things:

What you said was decent. (One could argue the point that the kind of hatred a party exhibited toward a sitting President HAS been seen before, and quite recently, but let's not!)

No one on this list has stated or implied your (or anyone's) belief in God makes you stupid, dumb, or ignorant.

Most of the fall color is past peak in New England. My wife got to ride shotgun in the right seat, down to Rhode Island, up to some work in the Boston Class B, then up through the White Mountains. Mt Washington already snow capped, with small streamers of clouds tearing off the peak. A smooth and fast downwind run back home.

Steve

[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

steve2(at)sover.net

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Message for Dan Reply with quote

Hi Nico,

I may differ with your perspective and beliefs, but I have no fear of you. Of the active posters on this list, I believe you follow most closely the precepts of Christianity (and perhaps more importantly of Jesus, as I've come to understand them.)

Ironically (but as is so often true among immigrants) I think you are also one of the most American in spirit.

Now let's cut this out before this too degenerates into something nasty. I was just bothered by what I had read in Dan's post. (Plus if we get too warm and fuzzy, Milt will get suspicious.)

Nascar and Budweiser still suck.

Steve
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: