Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M14P prop governor rigging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
threein60(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: M14P prop governor rigging Reply with quote

Looking for a little advise... I,ve installed an M14 on my CJ and was checking the initial rigging before flight. The M14 manual states rig the Prop control in max pitch with the prop governor full clockwise, unloading the spring. Without backing off the max pitch stop screws only gives me about 80%. If I rig it so I can achieve 100%, then I dont have enough movement to increase pitch. I guess the one unknown is this... When the book states, "rig the governor in max pitch with the control in full max pitch." Should I back out the max pitch stop all the way, then rig accordingly or is there a bigger secret not stated?
I have verified that the governor does work and will hole rpm at a given setting.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Larry Pine

Quote:
Quote:

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
threein60(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: M14P prop governor rigging Reply with quote

Quote:

Looking for a little advise... I,ve installed an M14 on my CJ and was checking the initial rigging before flight. The M14 manual states rig the Prop control in max pitch with the prop governor full clockwise, unloading the spring. Without backing off the max pitch stop screws only gives me about 80%. If I rig it so I can achieve 100%, then I dont have enough movement to increase pitch. I guess the one unknown is this... When the book states, "rig the governor in max pitch with the control in full max pitch." Should I back out the max pitch stop all the way, then rig accordingly or is there a bigger secret not stated?
I have verified that the governor does work and will hole rpm at a given setting.
Thanks for the help in advance.

Larry Pine

Quote:
Quote:

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

wlannon(at)persona.ca

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: M14P prop governor rigging Reply with quote

Larry;

You are dealing with a CJ6 throttle quadrant and a CJ6 governor stop plate. Here is the procedure:

1. Screw the low RPM (high pitch) stop screw all the way IN.

2. Rotate the governor control shaft full clockwise and install the control arm just short of touching the stop screw.

3. Ensure that your propellor ( stock 2 blade V530??) is correctly set to a low pitch angle of 14.5 degs +/- 0.1 degs. ( 6 min. - book shows 10 min. but you can do better)

4. Follow the manual procedure for setting the high RPM (low pitch) stop screw . In this process ensure that the final setting provides a 1/8 to 1/4 " bounce back of both prop control levers. This guarantees that the governor stop is reached before you run out of quadrant travel and may require adjustment of linkage in both cockpits.
You will not be able to duplicate that at the low RPM (aft) end. Don't worry about it, just be sure you get all available travel in both cockpits.

5. After test flights and final adjustment for 2900 TO RPM check the pull down from 2050 RPM to full high pitch ( follow procedure in the manual). If this goes below the 1563 RPM specified it may be adjusted by turning out the low RPM screw.

If you run into any problems contact me.

Have fun;
Walt

---

threein60(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:32 am    Post subject: M14P prop governor rigging Reply with quote

Thanks Walt,
Just one clarification.. I am using the stock CJ throttle quad with M14 governor stop plate. I have both but examined two other CJ6/M14s on the field and they both use the M14 stop plate. SO I went with that! I'll give it another try and let you know how it turns out.

Larry Pine
--- On Sun, 11/30/08, Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)persona.ca> wrote:
[quote]From: Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)persona.ca>
Subject: Re: M14P prop governor rigging
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 5:20 PM

Larry;

You are dealing with a CJ6 throttle quadrant and a CJ6 governor stop plate. Here is the procedure:

1. Screw the low RPM (high pitch) stop screw all the way IN.

2. Rotate the governor control shaft full clockwise and install the control arm just short of touching the stop screw.

3. Ensure that your propellor ( stock 2 blade V530??) is correctly set to a low pitch angle of 14.5 degs +/- 0.1 degs. ( 6 min. - book shows 10 min. but you can do better)

4. Follow the manual procedure for setting the high RPM (low pitch) stop screw . In this process ensure that the final setting provides a 1/8 to 1/4 " bounce back of both prop control levers. This guarantees that the governor stop is reached before you run out of quadrant travel and may require adjustment of linkage in both cockpits.
You will not be able to duplicate that at the low RPM (aft) end. Don't worry about it, just be sure you get all available travel in both cockpits.

5. After test flights and final adjustment for 2900 TO RPM check the pull down from 2050 RPM to full high pitch ( follow procedure in the manual). If this goes below the 1563 RPM specified it may be adjusted by turning out the low RPM screw.

If you run into any problems contact me.

Have fun;
Walt

---

wlannon(at)persona.ca

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: M14P prop governor rigging Reply with quote

Hi Larry;
I have never seen the M14 stop plate (actually these appear to be an airframe rather than engine part and as far as I know, are not supplied with a new or overhauled engine) and would like to know the difference.
If you have the time could you describe that for me off line.
Thanks;

Walt
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: