Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OT: Advanced Spinning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
torque_roll(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: OT: Advanced Spinning Reply with quote

Hi folks C

Well it isn't exactly off topic C but is more a general query. The New Zealand CAA recently put out a new booklet (to add to their current series on various topics for pilots) C this new one is about spinning. A very interesting read C I was just interested to find out your thoughts on the following;
It says in this booklet that flat spins have a slower rotation than normal spins C and it just appears that the rotation is faster from the view of the pilot as "the scenery" is moving faster.
Imm C can't say I completely agree with that but does anyone have any comments on this?

My main argument is if a fully developed positive flat spin takes longer for the same control inputs for recovery to occur C than the normal spin C surely it must be spinning faster (yawing as opposed to rolling as in the initial entry) C with the subsequent reduced rate of decent.

regards C

Andrew Love

Andrew Love Contracting
trading as

AWL Air Services

and

Nu Look Window Cleaning Services

F    +64 3 342 5189       I       M +64 21 818 816

To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Yak-List: Need a prop!
Date: Sun C 22 Feb 2009 08:45:34 -0500

Well guys I do have a prop but there was slot of info held
back about the aircraft when I bought it. I thank everyone for the advise
I'm going to pass on this plane and keep looking

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 22 C 2009 C at 1:14 AM C Yak Pilot <yakplt(at)yahoo.com (yakplt(at)yahoo.com)> wrote:

[quote]  Mr Cox C it seems rather clear that you fully well intend to ignore the advice of some of the best experts on this list server.  You want to ferry this aircraft home C and by God C you are going to do that no matter how many people (who are far more experienced than you) suggest otherwise.   You appreciate their well meaning advice C but really let's face it C you made up your mind about this quite some time ago C and you really do not want to be confused with any facts that might change your decision. 

As for insurance C ......of course you will not have any.  Anyone who knows the true circumstances of this flight would never insure your aircraft to begin with.  Of course it is YOUR MONEY... but you honestly can not be sure that should the worst happen C that it will just be you that gets hurt or dies. You clearly could  end up killing someone else in the process.   

Of course everyone that has read your comments has had these  thoughts go through their mind.  A wise person would just shake their head and walk away.  I am sure a lot of readers have done just that.  But you see C anyone on this system will tell you... I have a big mouth.  But I also pride myself on doing my very best to tell the truth C no matter where the cards  fall.  So read the following carefully: 

"Life's tough C it's even tougher if you're stupid". - John Wayne 

I know in my heart that there is nothing anyone can say that will change your mind .  So C I will wish you the best of luck and will honestly say a prayer for you.  However C there is not a chance in hell that I will help you find a prop to fly your YAK-55 home and I truly hope everyone else feels the same way.  If this upsets you C then so be it.  I see no valid reason why any person on this list should help you do something that we all know is less than safe and in fact borders on reckless.  Yes C I know I am going to catch a lot of grief for being less than politically correct with this message C but my conscience simply will not allow me to bury my head in the sand on this one.   

Best Regards C . 

Mark Bitterlich
N50YK

From: Walter Lannon <wlannon(at)persona.ca (wlannon(at)persona.ca)>
To: [url=mailto:yak-list(at)matronics.com]yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)[/url]
Sent: Saturday C February 21 C 2009 8:05:36 PM
Subject: Re: Need a prop!

--> Yak-List message posted by: Walter Lannon <[url=mailto:wlannon(at)persona.ca]wlannon(at)persona.ca (wlannon(at)persona.ca)[/url]>

Chris;
I very seriously suggest that you truck it home. In addition to possible
internal engine damage the broken engine mount is an indicator of possible
airframe damage as well.

Walt
---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: OT: Advanced Spinning Reply with quote

The reason that a flat spin takes longer to recover is that the aircraft will have developed a much higher level of rotational inertia [engine at the front is going through a much wider arc while spinning] and it therefore takes longer for this energy to be disapated,which you must do to recover.
This is particularly true of aircraft like the Yak52 which has a heavy engine and nosewheel at the front,and radio gear etc behind the cockpit.
Richard

Richard Goode Aerobatics
Rhodds Farm
Lyonshall
Hereford
HR5 3LW
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 (0) 1544 340120
Fax: +44 (0) 1544 340129
www.russianaeros.com

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: