Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sun and Fun 2009
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hauck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

Morning Gang:

Sun and Fun 2009 is two weeks away. Had about decided not to fly down, but
got up this morning and decided I would like to fly down and sleep under the
stars a few nights. Mainly, I'm looking forward to spending time with
Travis and Dennis, and all my old friends from previous flyins. Hope the
weather will be great for the entire week.

I have not flown much since last September. Doesn't take long for me to get
rusty. It is about a 5 hour flight one way. This will help me confirm what
I need to do to get ready for my flight to Monument Valley in May. The more
one does it, the better they get at it. One wants to travel as light as
possible, but have everything one needs to make the flight comfortable.

See you all at Lakeland.

john h
mkIII

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Titus, Alabama
cspoke

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

I too am looking forward to spending time with all the Kolb gang at Sun n Fun. I'll be there Friday and Saturday. Hope to see some of you then

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Lillian, AL
cspoke@mediacombb.net
N111KX (Kip)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

I'm watching the weather... Very Happy
Kip

Quickie 1, N111QX
Atlanta
icrashrc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

Enjoy yourselves at S-n-F. Notre Dame is keeping me busy enough that i don't think I'll make it.

www.ill-EagleAviation.com

do not archive
John Hauck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

Morning Gang:

I'm out the door and headed for Gantt International Airport.

Plan to get in the air soonest.

Weather guessers are forecasting a wind advisory today all the way to just
north of Lakeland, 15 to 25 out of the west. At least I will have a
tailwind.

Hope to make it to LAL before they close the field for the air show at 1300
EDST. Will be pusing it, but with the wind, I may be able to do it. If
not, I'll hang out somewhere until about 1800 EDST to get into Paradise
City.

See ya'll down there.

john h
mkIII

Titus, Alabama
N111KX (Kip)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

I'll be flying down also.

Look for the yellow checkerboards..!

Quickie 1, N111QX
Atlanta
cristalclear13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

N111KX (Kip) wrote:

Any chance you'll be stopping by AYS Waycross?

ELSA Repairman for N193Y April 2008
Rotax 2 stroke maintenance April 2009
zeprep251(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

Just for anyones info,
Blackwater ultralite airpark is a couple miles south of Zephyhills airport right on highway 39.It has 2300 ' of n/s runway all sod ,and a wash up sink and flush toilet and pop machine.It's 10 min north of LAL,and Mrs.Canon is a sweetheart.I keep the MK3 there all winter,nice people.I'm sure you could overnite there if the need arose.
G Aman

--

N111KX (Kip)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

Cristal, it's a bit out of my way but not much. Will you be around tomorrow? Are you headed to SnF?

Kip

cristalclear13 wrote:
N111KX (Kip) wrote:

Any chance you'll be stopping by AYS Waycross?

Quickie 1, N111QX
Atlanta
N111KX (Kip)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

After 7 hours of flying today (thank you, tailwind) I'm back in ATL. Despite everyone nagging about the attendance being down I had the most fun than in 4 previous SnF's. It was because of the people, mostly. As I pulled off the runway upon arrival a woman comes up and offers to help push me off the flight line. I thought that it may be Arty but, I was not sure so I asked if she flew in and she said yes. I asked from where and she calmly said "Oregon". Well "Hello Arty!" I ended up camping so close to her that I all day I heard members of the crowd say "there's that lady" as they spotted her plane.
The Kolb factory folks took me out to a nice dinner making me feel like part of the family. Thanks, Travis, Dennis, Bryan, and Bruce.
John H was by often looking for a drinking buddy, coffee that is. Ask him about his ride on the Mayflower next time you see him.
Also, good talking to all of you guys from this forum and those who recognized my FSII from youtube.
See you all soon...

Quickie 1, N111QX
Atlanta

Last edited by N111KX (Kip) on Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
John Hauck

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

> After 7 hours of flying today (thank you, tailwind) I'm back in ATL.
Quote:
--------
Kip

Glad you made it home quickly and safely.

I enjoyed spending time with you at Lakeland.

I also had a great time, saw a lot of old friends and met more new ones,
even one who accused me of ordering the Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, sticker that
was on the side of my nose cone. Wink

Every once in a while us Kolb flyers will encounter a real "a" hole. Not
very often, but I did today, when I landed for fuel in Perry, Florida. He
pulled up in front of me as I was refueling. I take joking and teasing
pretty good from folks I know, and hand out my share. But, when an arrogant
SOB comes up to me, after getting out of his little $100,000+ glass LSA and
demeaningly refers to my MKIII as a "hummer", a "bug", etc., I reach my
tolerance point in a hurry. I can assure you, after counseling him a bit,
he will think twice before he approaches another Kolb flyer at an unfamiliar
airport and make the comments he made to me about my old airplane.

I flew a little less than 900 miles in a little less than 9 hours. Not bad
for an 80 mph airplane. Was blessed with a great tailwind going and
coming.

Now it is time to get ready for Monument Valley.

john h
mkIII

Titus, Alabama
N111KX (Kip)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

Wish I could have heard that conversation.... Cool

Quickie 1, N111QX
Atlanta
capedavis(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

John , I went to sun&fun today as I had to meet a gent from the list Fred Kerfoot said hevwas a helicopter pilot like you ,I sold him an old Full Lotus Monofloat I had from my KXP that went well . The most disappointing thing was I was to late to visit with you! I look forward to seeing you but I was too late Travis , Dennis and my new best friend in the Kolb world Brian were all very good to Becky and I. I got to get in a Firefly for the first time ! a little difficult for me as I dont have full control of my feet but I got in and when I got out it was muchn smoother than the entry. when I left there I went to the "Sky Arrow "display and got in a Skyarrow the only aircraft I have found with a disabled Pilots rudder control Now that I know about the rigging I think Brian and I or perhaps just I can come up with a set of controls I can use without my feet that I can install in the Firefly and fly away!I may stop in Atlanta on the way home and take an hour of instruction to see if it fits. So Sorry we didnt get to see you. The invite is still open if you get to New England come to Chatham Municipal Airport and walk over to my house and spend a while . Chris & Becky Davis

'

To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2009 9:32:54 PM
Subject: Re: Kolb-List: Re: Sun and Fun 2009

--> Kolb-List message posted by: "John Hauck" <jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com (jhauck(at)elmore.rr.com)>
Quote:
After 7 hours of flying today (thank you, tailwind) I'm back in ATL.
--------
Kip

Glad you made it home quickly and safely.

I enjoyed spending time with you at Lakeland.

I also had a great time, saw a lot of old friends and met more new ones, even one who accused me of ordering the Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, sticker that was on the side of my nose cone. Wink

Every once in a while us Kolb flyers will encounter a real "a" hole. Not very often, but I did today, when I landed for fuel in Perry, Florida. He pulled up in front of me as I was refueling. I take joking and teasing pretty good from folks I know, and hand out my share. But, when an arrogant SOB comes up to me, after getting out of his little $100,000+ glass LSA and demeaningly refers to my MKIII as a "hummer", a "bug", etc., I reach my tolerance point in a hurry. I can assure you, after counseling him a bit, he will think twice before he approaches another Kolb flyer at an unfamiliar airport and make the comments he made to me about my old airplane.

I flew a little less than 900 miles in a little less than 9 hours.  Not bad for an 80 mph airplane. Was blessed with a great tailwind going and coming.

Now it is time to get ready for Monument Valley.

john h
mkIII -Matt Dralle, List==========

[quote][b]

Fran Losey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:25 am    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

Oorah! The thing about "bugs" in Florida is when they bite they usually leave a mark that stays for a few days.....maybe longer in his case!
---

loseyf@comcast.net
jlsk1(at)frontiernet.net

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

I too, just got back from SNF, Left Wed, (ground) to PMP to fly with Jeff
Wheeler, one of the new owners of N58SG, (Steven Green`s old MK-3C). The
flights went well , then we took a short hop out over the Everglades, What
lucky guys! Then on to Lakeland, saw Travis, Dennis,Bruce, John H., Craig
from Ala., Kip, & a few more.
What a nice bunch.!
I didn`t realize how unique an experience, the scenery from a Kolb, in that
neck of the woods. For the lurkers on this forum that don`t have a Kolb
yet,but are thinking about it, Whatcha Waitin for?
Jim Kmet
Cookeville, Tn
MK-3C

---

Blumax008(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

I'm familiar.

We had one of our local yocal BIG airplane drivers (C-172) come up to a nearby Trike flyer & make fun of his little Trike. A "kite" he called it while bragging about how he flies his "real" airplane. When BIG airplane driver asked our Trike flyer what he did for a living...BIG mistake...Trike flyer responds..."I fly F-15 Eagles over the Iraq no-fly zone."

No further comment from BIG airplane driver...while retreating with haste.
A Good Credit Score is 70001410739/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Aprilfooter426NO62>See yours in just 2 easy steps!
[quote][b]

Dana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

At 03:32 PM 4/26/2009, Blumax008(at)aol.com wrote:
Quote:

We had one of our local yocal BIG airplane drivers (C-172) come up to a nearby Trike flyer & make fun of his little Trike. A "kite" he called it while bragging about how he flies his "real" airplane...

Fortunately they're all not like that. Guy walks over from his Comanche after I landed my UltraStar. He'd just gotten back from Florida (I'm in CT), but all he could talk about was how much fun my plane looked.

A 172 is OK, I guess, but as airplanes go it's about as exciting as a Plymouth station wagon.

-Dana

--
Most politicians aren't crooks, but the ones that are sure are making the other 10 percent look bad. [quote][b]

russ(at)rkiphoto.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

GOOD for that Trike flyer. Wish I'd seen  it
On Apr 26, 2009, at 3:32 PM, Blumax008(at)aol.com (Blumax008(at)aol.com) wrote:
[quote] I'm familiar.

We had one of our local yocal BIG airplane drivers (C-172) come up to a nearby Trike flyer & make fun of his little Trike. A "kite" he called it while bragging about how he flies his "real" airplane. When BIG airplane driver asked our Trike flyer what he did for a living...BIG mistake...Trike flyer responds..."I fly F-15 Eagles over the Iraq no-fly zone."

No further comment from BIG airplane driver...while retreating with haste.

A Good Credit Score is 70001410739/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Aprilfooter426NO62>See yours in just 2 easy steps!
Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[b]

russ(at)rkiphoto.com

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

You're absolutely right, 172's are not that exciting, and underpowered too. 170 is better, 180 horsepower better yet.Cessna 180/185 even better. One big plus is they're big enuf to sleep in Russ do not archive

On Apr 26, 2009, at 4:10 PM, Dana Hague wrote:
Quote:
At 03:32 PM 4/26/2009, Blumax008(at)aol.com (Blumax008(at)aol.com) wrote:
Quote:

We had one of our local yocal BIG airplane drivers (C-172) come up to a nearby Trike flyer & make fun of his little Trike. A "kite" he called it while bragging about how he flies his "real" airplane...

Fortunately they're all not like that.  Guy walks over from his Comanche after I landed my UltraStar.  He'd just gotten back from Florida (I'm in CT), but all he could talk about was how much fun my plane looked.

A 172 is OK, I guess, but as airplanes go it's about as exciting as a Plymouth station wagon.

-Dana

--
 Most politicians aren't crooks, but the ones that are sure are making the other 10 percent look bad.
Quote:

href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
href="http://forums.matronics.com">http://forums.matronics.com
href="http://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

John Hauck

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:41 pm    Post subject: Sun and Fun 2009 Reply with quote

I guess the Cessnas are ok for what they were intended to do. I had to fly one a hand full of hours 19 years ago to get a fixed wing ticket to fly my mkIII. At that time I had 1100 plus hours in the US and FS. Was a lot more fun flying the Kolbs than the Cessnas.

A Kolb is built to fly for fun. Hard to beat that.

john h
mkIII

[quote]
You're absolutely right, 172's are not that exciting, and underpowered too. 170 is better, 180 horsepower better yet. Cessna 180/185 even better. One big plus is they're big enuf to sleep in Russ do not archive

[b]

Titus, Alabama
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: