Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tips for Metal Wing for Sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Tailwind-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
billbernard(at)worldnet.a

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Tips for Metal Wing for Sale Reply with quote

If anyone is interested, I've got a set of modified T-18 wing tips for sale. These were originally on my metal wings, but have been replaced.

The tips are modified to include a nav light and there is also a provision for a separate strobe light. The nave light bases are included, although bulbs and lenses are not. The tips have also been shortened to match the chord of the Tailwind metal wing.

The tips have also been modified to fit the ailerons on my aircraft, which are about 2 inches narrower than shown on the plans. Some fiberglass work will be required to make them fit a plans-built wing. They will also need to be repainted to match your color scheme, unless you like the color.

I'm asking $100 plus shipping for the pair.

Bill

- The Matronics Tailwind-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Tailwind-List
jeffhudson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Tips for Metal Wing for Sale Reply with quote

Just curious, what kind of tips did you replace them with and why? I am also building the metal wing and would like to know about the wingtips, Thanks, Jeff

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

billbernard(at)worldnet.a

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:26 am    Post subject: Tips for Metal Wing for Sale Reply with quote

Jeff, I built a set of extended wing tips, similar in shape to the tip shown
on the later W10s. This was mostly to make the plane look more like one with
the wooden wing. The tips did increase the span about 30 inches since I just
added them on to the existing wing. I think they look good, anyway.
The older tips are sold by ACS for a T-18. As received, they are about 2
inches too long to fit the tip, and need to be shortened. There is no
provision for lights. They also require fitting around the aileron mass
balance arm. None of this is particularly difficult, but does take time.
The tips I have have been modified for nav lights and a position for a
separate strobe light. No strobe was installed, there's just a flat spot to
install a small light with a power supply mounted somewhere else. As I
mentioned before, my ailerons are different than the plans show and the tips
have been made to fit. However, the tips were originally modified to fit the
standard aileron and then re-modified from that.
The tips would not be a bolt on installation, unless you built ailerons with
a 5 inch chord, but I think would save time over modifying as set from ACS.
If there's anything else, let me know.
Bill

Jeffsbanjos(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Tips for Metal Wing for Sale Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I also want to build a tip similar to the wooden design when I finish my metal wing. It would be nice of you to post some pics on the forum for everyone to see.  Jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Tailwind-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: