Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
japhillipsga(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders Reply with quote

Hello good folks, I am going to buy a transponder for my RV-8a. My concerns are that I plan to install a D100 & D120 with AP in my panel and I'm unsure which transponders are not compatible. Anybody know where I can find this out? Best regards, Bill of Georgia

--

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
HeathCherneski

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders Reply with quote

Bill,
I have the d-100, d-120 combo and a garmin 327. works great. I think it will be a challenge to find a transponder that won’t work with dynon stuff. garmin transponder is a great piece of equipment by the way and reasonably priced. Good luck

[b]Heath Cherneski[/b]
heath.cherneski(at)gmail.com (heath.cherneski(at)gmail.com)
hchernes(at)utsi.edu (hchernes(at)utsi.edu)
heath.cherneski(at)us.army.mil (heath.cherneski(at)us.army.mil)

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of japhillipsga(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 8:20 AM
To: rv8-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders

Hello good folks, I am going to buy a transponder for my RV-8a. My concerns are that I plan to install a D100 & D120 with AP in my panel and I'm unsure which transponders are not compatible. Anybody know where I can find this out? Best regards, Bill of Georgia

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

japhillipsga(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders Reply with quote

Heath, thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with the 327, but I'll look it up. I have a KY 76 in my XL that I fly now that is not fancy, but serves the purpose. I'm going to install the cheapest transponder I can find in my 8a. The two Dynon system you have, do you have the AP system with is as well ? I think that is a great leap forward in glasss. I am waiting for my 0-360 and prop to arrive (early June) that I purchased through Vans at SnF so I'm making my shopping list for the panel. I think Dynon is the best pop for the buck. Thanks, Bill

--

craigtxtx(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:20 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders Reply with quote

Bill,

I have a D100 & D120 in my 8A with a Garmin GTX 327.  They play well together. 

I believe the installation manual listed several compatible xpndrs.  When in doubt, call Dynon.  They were very responsive when I called them for info.

Craig Gallenbach
RV8A 184CG  58 hours

--- On Thu, 5/7/09, japhillipsga(at)aol.com <japhillipsga(at)aol.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders
Date: Thursday, May 7, 2009, 8:20 AM
Hello good folks, I am going to buy a transponder for my RV-8a. My concerns are that I plan to install a D100 & D120 with AP in my panel and I'm unsure which transponders are not compatible. Anybody know where I can find this out? Best regards, Bill of Georgia
--

japhillipsga(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders Reply with quote

Craig, thanks for the info.
do not archive

--

HeathCherneski

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders Reply with quote

Bill,
I do not have the autopilot. Purchased my equipment before it was offered. I agree with your statement about dynon. I am currently working on a flight test program that will “plug in” to the existing dynon serial output and record flight information (flight and engine) for performing flight performance evaluation. I’m a big dynon fan! Good luck with your project.
Blue skies

[b]Heath Cherneski[/b]
heath.cherneski(at)gmail.com (heath.cherneski(at)gmail.com)
hchernes(at)utsi.edu (hchernes(at)utsi.edu)
heath.cherneski(at)us.army.mil (heath.cherneski(at)us.army.mil)

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of japhillipsga(at)aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2009 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: Re: RV8-List Digest: Dynon & Transponders

Heath, thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with the 327, but I'll look it up. I have a KY 76 in my XL that I fly now that is not fancy, but serves the purpose. I'm going to install the cheapest transponder I can find in my 8a. The two Dynon system you have, do you have the AP system with is as well ? I think that is a great leap forward in glasss. I am waiting for my 0-360 and prop to arrive (early June) that I purchased through Vans at SnF so I'm making my shopping list for the panel. I think Dynon is the best pop for the buck. Thanks, Bill

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: