Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zolotone - Anyone using it?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kearney

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Zolotone - Anyone using it? Reply with quote

Hi

First off, let me wish everyone south of the 49th a happy Memorial Day! To those who have are in the service, many thanks for you service.

Next, I am contemplating using Gray Zolotone to “finish” my canopy interior rather than installing a headliner. Has anyone used this product and if so, is there a simple way to apply it (while the canopy is off the fuse)? Are you happy with the results? Any PIX?

Cheers

Les
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
ricksked(at)embarqmail.co

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Zolotone - Anyone using it? Reply with quote

Les..I'm spraying mine this week in harvest gold...I have both a HVLP rig and I picked up a sprayer from spruce just in case...you will need a 2.2 tip to spray the second hammer or texture coat. I'm doing it on an installed cover and the door interiors...I'll get back to you later in the week would have done it today but the work emerg phone rangRick SkedN246RS
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:51:21 -0600
To: <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: RV10-List: Zolotone - Anyone using it?

Hi

First off, let me wish everyone south of the = 49th a happy Memorial Day! To those who have are in the service, many thanks = for you service.

Next, I am contemplating using Gray Zolotone to = “finish” my canopy interior rather than installing a headliner. Has anyone used = this product and if so, is there a simple way to apply it (while the canopy is off = the fuse)?  Are you happy with the results? Any = PIX?

Cheers

Les
Quote:
_-=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D _-=3D - The RV10-List Email Forum - _-=3D Use the Matronics List Features Navigator to browse _-=3D the many List utilities such as List Un/Subscription, _-=3D Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, _-=3D Photoshare, and much much more: _-=3D _-=3D --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List _-=3D _-=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D _-=3D - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS - _-=3D Same great content also available via the Web Forums! _-=3D _-=3D --> http://forums.matronics.com _-=3D _-=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D _-=3D - List Contribution Web Site - _-=3D Thank you for your generous support! _-=3D -Matt Dralle, List Admin. _-=3D --> http://www.matronics.com/contribution _-=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

indigoonlatigo(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Zolotone - Anyone using it? Reply with quote

I used it and I like the results. Need the correct gun and follow directions. Even so I did not follow the directions perfectly and i still liked the result. I epoxied all the aluminum backing strips to the inside of the canopy so that I could paint that also while the top was outside. I was able to paint the door hydralic bracket later before the windscreen and doors went in.

JOhn G. FLying C the glider C not the 10. 

To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Zolotone - Anyone using it?
Date: Sun C 24 May 2009 09:51:21 -0600

.ExternalClass p.EC_MsoNormal C .ExternalClass li.EC_MsoNormal C .ExternalClass div.EC_MsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} .ExternalClass a:link C .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass a:visited C .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass p.EC_MsoAutoSig C .ExternalClass li.EC_MsoAutoSig C .ExternalClass div.EC_MsoAutoSig {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} .ExternalClass span.EC_EmailStyle17 {font-family:Arial;color:windowtext;} (at)page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt;} .ExternalClass div.EC_Section1 {page:Section1;}
Hi

First off C let me wish everyone south of the 49th a happy Memorial Day! To those who have are in the service C many thanks for you service.

Next C I am contemplating using Gray Zolotone to “finish” my canopy interior rather than installing a headliner. Has anyone used this product and if so C is there a simple way to apply it (while the canopy is off the fuse)?  Are you happy with the results? Any PIX?

Cheers

Les
Quote:

/www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
.com
tronics.com/contribution

Finished_overhead_1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  143.72 KB
 Viewed:  1424 Time(s)

Finished_overhead_1.JPG

Finished_overhead_2.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  121.37 KB

Finished_overhead_2.JPG

Finished_overhead_3.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  126.94 KB

Finished_overhead_3.JPG

kearney

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Zolotone - Anyone using it? Reply with quote

John
It looks like you used the same gray I am considering.
I have also benn looking at your console photos from a while ago with a view to doing something similar except I would like to duct overhead air in as well.
Thanks for the info and pix.
Cheers
Les
#40643 - Living in a f/g world

Sent from my iPhone

On 24-May-09, at 3:35 PM, John Gonzalez <indigoonlatigo(at)msn.com (indigoonlatigo(at)msn.com)> wrote:

[quote] I used it and I like the results. Need the correct gun and follow directions. Even so I did not follow the directions perfectly and i still liked the result. I epoxied all the aluminum backing strips to the inside of the canopy so that I could paint that also while the top was outside. I was able to paint the door hydralic bracket later before the windscreen and doors went in.

JOhn G. FLying, the glider, not the 10.

From: [url=mailto:kearney(at)shaw.ca]kearney(at)shaw.ca (kearney(at)shaw.ca)[/url]
To: [url=mailto:rv10-list(at)matronics.com]rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)[/url]
Subject: Zolotone - Anyone using it?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:51:21 -0600

Hi

First off, let me wish everyone south of the 49th a happy Memorial Day! To those who have are in the service, many thanks for you service.

Next, I am contemplating using Gray Zolotone to “finish” my canopy interior rather than installing a headliner. Has anyone used this product and if so, is there a simple way to apply it (while the canopy is off the fuse)? Are you happy with the results? Any PIX?

Cheers

Les
Quote:
/www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
.com
tronics.com/contribution

<Finished overhead 1.JPG>
<Finished overhead 2.JPG>
<Finished overhead 3.JPG>
[b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: