Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

response to some questionable recommednations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juan Vega Jr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:11 pm    Post subject: response to some questionable recommednations Reply with quote

All;

the following a godd attempt at SWAG.(shit wild ass guess)

MaxNr(at)aol.com wrote:

Quote:
I say:

To blame EVERY in flight break up on pilot error is reprehensible.
The general consensus that I picked up on this list is that the
ULTIMATE load for this air craft should now be three G's. Even the
most ardent supporters (those that vote "1") make frequent remarks
such as "He did a 3 G pull up and the wing failed." Following the
crowd, I suggest that the new Matronics consensus limitation (3G
ultimate) be observed.

That would make the new normal load = 2 G. That means that the Vn
diagram must be redrawn. A new Va would result. Furthermore, tried
and true flutter mitigation measures are invalid. FAR 23.629 is
junk. If so, is AC 43.13b also? Bernoulli is dead. Consensus rules!
What do I know, I'm just a washed up ancient aviator that hangs out
with retired aerodynamicists and old AI's? I must follow the herd.

THE FACTS;

Manauvering speed and max G load changes with certain variables, gross weight, speed, temperature outside, Pressure Altitude
on a standard temp day, if you fly the plane at full gross, you will exceed design loads below the max manauavering speeds.
The standard design model has a given Max G load for a given weight and speed. Change the variables such as described above will yield a SNAFU situation.
I have looped the plane and done 4 G pulls, provided I had only 10 gallons of gas (60lbs) and only me in the plane(220 lbs). To do the same with two guys and full fuel would be stupid.

That is what some of the guys flying the 601 just do not get. Not even a stunt pilot flying an EXTRA 300 loaded for 10 Gs would do stunts in a fully loaded aircraft, and that is what those planes are desinged for.

So ignore the BullS___t statements. Fly the plane within the specs, fly a well maintained plane, and you will be fine.
DO you fly at 130 mph on a hot day with nasty thermals and convection goin on? Only the dip shits will. Regardless of the plane flown.

Juan Vega

--

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
zenith601xl(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: response to some questionable recommednations Reply with quote

Actually SWAG is "Scientific Wild Ass Guess"

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 7:09 PM, Juan Vega <amyvega2005(at)earthlink.net (amyvega2005(at)earthlink.net)> wrote:
[quote]--> Zenith-List message posted by: Juan Vega <amyvega2005(at)earthlink.net (amyvega2005(at)earthlink.net)>

All;

the following a godd attempt at SWAG.(shit wild ass guess)

MaxNr(at)aol.com (MaxNr(at)aol.com) wrote:

> I say:
>
>                                   4
>
> To blame EVERY in flight break up on pilot error is reprehensible.
> The general consensus that I picked up on this list is that the
> ULTIMATE load for this air craft should now be three G's. Even the
> most ardent supporters (those that vote "1") make frequent remarks
> such as "He did a 3 G pull up and the wing failed." Following the
> crowd, I suggest that the new Matronics consensus limitation (3G
> ultimate) be observed.
>
> That would make the new normal load = 2 G. That means that the Vn
> diagram must be redrawn. A new Va would result. Furthermore, tried
> and true flutter mitigation measures are invalid. FAR 23.629 is
> junk. If so, is AC 43.13b also? Bernoulli is dead. Consensus rules!
> What do I know, I'm just a washed up ancient aviator that hangs out
> with retired aerodynamicists and old AI's? I must follow the herd.
>

THE FACTS;

Manauvering speed and max G load changes with certain variables,  gross weight,  speed, temperature outside, Pressure Altitude
on a standard temp day,  if you fly the plane at full gross,  you will exceed design loads below the max manauavering speeds.
The standard design model has a given Max G load for a given weight and speed.  Change the variables such as described above will yield a SNAFU situation.
I have looped the plane and done 4 G pulls, provided I had only 10 gallons of gas (60lbs) and only me in the plane(220 lbs).  To do the same with two guys and full fuel would be stupid.

That is what some of the guys flying the 601 just do not get.   Not even a stunt pilot flying an EXTRA 300 loaded for 10 Gs would do stunts in a fully loaded aircraft, and that is what those planes are desinged for.

So ignore the BullS___t statements.   Fly the plane within the specs,  fly a well maintained plane,  and you will be fine.
DO you fly at 130 mph on a hot day with nasty thermals and convection goin on?  Only the dip shits will. Regardless of the plane flown.

Juan Vega

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Juan Vega Jr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: response to some questionable recommednations Reply with quote

depends on what part of the country you are from:)
--

grs-pms(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: response to some questionable recommednations Reply with quote

Yes, in some parts of the country the two words are sometimes confused.

By the way, at max maneuvering speed, an abrupt maneuver will match, not
exceed, the design loads. At lighter weights the maneuvering speed is
lower.

George

Do not archive

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: