Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Twinstar plans needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geurink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:29 pm    Post subject: Twinstar plans needed Reply with quote

Long story short: Where can I get a set of plans for the Twinstar? What's the difference between that and a Mark II?

Here's the story if you're interested: Just bought me a Twinstar project for $3k which I figured if the airplane was trash would at least get me a good engine and prop for a decent price. The ad said "I have all plans and drawings". When I got it home and had time to dive into it, however, all that was in the plans tube was a full-size rib sheet. I DO have a well-preserved builder's manual at least, but that doesn't help too much without the plans. Called the seller up, he said he actually DOESN'T have the plans but that I could get them on a CD from The New Kolb. Sounded fishy to me, but I didn't really have any recourse. So I calls TNK, and they, of course, do NOT have a CD with Twinstar plans on it, but he said I could for sure get plans from someone on The Kolb List.

SO, I appeal to your collective wisdom and resources. Where, indeed, can such apparently rare and esoteric information be found?

Ideally, this incomplete kit will be shipped to Brazil where it will be finished and floated and eventually used in missionary service among remote tribes on the upper Amazon river. If you could help bring this to pass, I'd really appreciate it!

Michael Geurink

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Jean Bilodeau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Twinstar plans needed Reply with quote

I do have a set of plans for my twinstar mkII. But I don't have the builder's /operation manual.
I don't have the necessary equipment to scan such large pages but I will try the local copy shop, maybe they can help me. if I can get them scanned, would you do the same for your builder manual?
That would be very helpful for both of us.
jean

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

geurink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Twinstar plans needed Reply with quote

EXCELLENT! Thank you Jean. I'd love to do that. Contact me at geurink(at)argo(dot)com(dot)br so we can work out the details.

Anyone else?

Michael

cristalclear13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Twinstar plans needed Reply with quote

geurink wrote:
Long story short: Where can I get a set of plans for the Twinstar? What's the difference between that and a Mark II?

Here's the story if you're interested: Just bought me a Twinstar project for $3k which I figured if the airplane was trash would at least get me a good engine and prop for a decent price. The ad said "I have all plans and drawings". When I got it home and had time to dive into it, however, all that was in the plans tube was a full-size rib sheet. I DO have a well-preserved builder's manual at least, but that doesn't help too much without the plans. Called the seller up, he said he actually DOESN'T have the plans but that I could get them on a CD from The New Kolb. Sounded fishy to me, but I didn't really have any recourse. So I calls TNK, and they, of course, do NOT have a CD with Twinstar plans on it, but he said I could for sure get plans from someone on The Kolb List.

SO, I appeal to your collective wisdom and resources. Where, indeed, can such apparently rare and esoteric information be found?

Ideally, this incomplete kit will be shipped to Brazil where it will be finished and floated and eventually used in missionary service among remote tribes on the upper Amazon river. If you could help bring this to pass, I'd really appreciate it!

Michael Geurink

Michael,
The Twinstar can refer to a Mark II with an open cockpit, a Mark II with an enclosed cockpit or a Mark III. Do you know which kit you bought?

ELSA Repairman for N193Y April 2008
Rotax 2 stroke maintenance April 2009
geurink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Twinstar plans needed Reply with quote

Open cockpit with a small nose fairing big enough for two sets of feet and a few instruments.

UPDATE: I now have the plans, thanks to Jean, and I'd be happy to email them and the builder's manual, except for pages 32-33, to whomever needs them. Why? Because they're MINE, and I will KEEP them Ha HAha HA Twisted Evil ! No, really, they're just missing. And they're semi-important too: little things like engine installation and something odd like Final Wing Rigging and Lift Struts, whatever that might be.

I also have some really old Second Chantz documentation if anyone's interested. Actually I still have it even if no one's interested. Doesn't do me much good without the chute though.

One more Q: throughout the plans (thanks again, Jean) some parts are numbered. I'm guessing these are parts that came with the original kit that therefore didn't need to be fabricated by the builder. Did I guess right? Does someone have a numbered list of what these refer to?

Michael

Oooh one more thing. Anyone have floats for this bird they'd be willing to part with? I'm particularly interested in the Full Lotus mono, but all options including amphib are being considered at this point. Any advice from experience one way or another would also be appreciated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: