Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Builders dinner gettogether

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry(at)macsmachine.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Does anyone have a map of where and how one gets to the area by car?
Some specific guidance perhaps?

Larry McFarland

- The Matronics Zenith-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Zenith-List
Jon(at)joncroke.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

This should help:

Robbins restaurant
1810 Omro Rd, Oshkosh, WI 54902
Link:
<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1810+Omro+Rd,+Oshkosh,+WI&ie=UTF8&ll=44.013188,-88.575897&spn=0.068888,0.154324&z=13>

This email was sent to you by a user on Google Maps (maps.google.com)

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

naumuk(at)windstream.net

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:09 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Sabrina-
I just got back from Oskosh. A well known lister and I visited the booth
on Thursday and were totally ignored.
I'd run into a Zenith buider with a nice T-shirt and wanted to purchase
one, but none were on display. Later I found out that T-shirts were
available only by request. I went back to the booth and found that there
were only 2 shirts available, neither my size. I also stopped by twice to
find out the particulars of the Zenith dinner but couldn't get anyone to
talk to me. Don't feel bad- SOSDD.

Bill
---

sabrina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Do Not Archive

Last edited by sabrina on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gig Giacona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Sabrina wrote:

I am heading up to flight train with Jay in MN Tuesday!

Make him wear the TronGuy suit during all training. Smile

DO NOT ARCHIVE

paulrod36(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Don't feel too bad, some days they just get too busy,or are hung up on other potential customers. I went over there three times, wearing my Zenith cap, and the only one who talked to me was (I think) Sebastian's young son. Nice kid.

I did, however, have a great time at WW's presentation, and then a half hour or so picking WW and staff's brains. His whole crew was cordial, and informative. Picked up a new manual, and a black hub.

Didn't make the Z-dinner, but went to some incredible restaurant way out in the boonies, the other side of Omro. One of the best steaks you could ask for. Another interesting spot was the Brooklyn Grill, 6th and Main. New York gangster motif, even with a Thompson on the wall, and stuff named after Mafiosi. "Gimme a Philly cheese steak, and nobody gets hurt."

And for those of you who camped out in the rain and bugs, the "Y" 3 miles west on 20th street rents out "campsites" in their huge air conditioned indoor soccer field, avec pool, hot tub, gym, food, TV, computer, shuttle bus, showers, towels, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Ah, roughing it........

Paul R
Back to the real world, putting the engine together
[quote] ---

n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Sabrina. I did meet Jay last week. Great guy,, really nice plane too..
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

sabrina

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Do Not Archive

Last edited by sabrina on Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
psm(at)att.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:53 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Don't get stopped.

Do not archive,

Paul
At 01:59 PM 8/3/2009, you wrote:
Quote:
Would I get laughed at if I trailer my Sportster there rather than
ride it there? (I am told I cannot ride a "greater than 500cc" bike
through Wisconsin or Iowa at 16 even with a valid permit/license from IL.)

Larry Webber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:21 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

I stopped by on several different occasions and was greeted quite well by mark townsend nicholas caleb sebastian and even by the guy from california zenith corp the young kid even sold me a hat(i was wearing a zenith shirt) vall my questions were answered i was shown where to sign up for the dinner which was outstanding and was treated cas a friend       maybe it was an attitude problem?

Larry

[quote] From: naumuk(at)windstream.net
To: zenith-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Builders dinner gettogether
Date: Mon C 3 Aug 2009 02:05:20 -0400

--> Zenith-List message posted by: "Bill Naumuk" <naumuk(at)windstream.net>

Sabrina-
I just got back from Oskosh. A well known lister and I visited the booth
on Thursday and were totally ignored.
I'd run into a Zenith buider with a nice T-shirt and wanted to purchase
one C but none were on display. Later I found out that T-shirts were
available only by request. I went back to the booth and found that there
were only 2 shirts available C neither my size. I also stopped by twice to
find out the particulars of the Zenith dinner but couldn't get anyone to
talk to me. Don't feel bad- SOSDD.

Bill
---

naumuk(at)windstream.net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Larry-
Since only Mark has seen me before, I didn't get to speak to anyone except when I was trying to get a T-shirt, I wasn't wearing a nametag and wasn't foaming at the mouth I think you can rule attitude out. In fact, I was upbeat at the possibility of finding an HDS T-shirt a passerby wore and wanted to ask some questions about the 750. I have since been contacted by the guy who makes all the Zenith apparel and he confirmed that only hats were available; Mark recognized me but was engaged in a conversation with a potential 750 buyer. I realize that Oshkosh is like the Christmas buying season for the aviation industry and didn't cut in. No big deal.
Back to work on the project. I have maybe two month's work left to go, that means (Considering my time estimates) I'll be flying by 2011.
Bill
  do not archive
[quote] ---

Mitch Hodges

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

[quote="naumuk(at)windstream.net"]I realize that Oshkosh is like the Christmas buying season for the aviation industry and didn't cut in. No big deal.
Quote:
---

Never been to Oshkosh, but I have attended its little sister, Sun and Fun, since 1993 and each year have gone to the Zenith booth, where I also bought my (still unfinished) 601HDS kit in 1995. The "salesmanship" at the booth has definitely become more low key over the years. The past four or five years I've had the same experience where I've stood in the display area for as much as 45 minutes looking at/in/around the planes and not been approached by a Zenith rep of any type even though at times during the airshow, I'm the only one "looking seriously". I know they don't know me, so it has struck me as odd. Glad to see its not just me!

Now, if I go to the booth and engage someone they are always polite and helpful. But, I have seen more than one potential buyer walk off after not being helped other than by me or some other builder standing nearby and see the question in the person's face.

Wings Under Perpetual Construction
n801bh(at)netzero.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

I guess I should chime in here. I spent alot of last week (at) OSH in the Zenith booth answering questions about my 801 that was displayed. All the Zenith guys appeared to be actively working the crowd and answering questions. I just don't see them as being the kind of people to blow off anyone....
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

challgren(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Mitch & others:

I wasn't at Oshkkosh this year and have never experienced the problem
you mentioned but your note of some other builder helping those with
questions might be a good idea. I would be happy to spend a couple of
hours answering questions others may have if things get busy. Maybe
some form of ID as special hats and buttons indicating (Satisfied
Zenith Builder) might help sales.

Stan Challgren
Previous 601 HDS builder
Current 701 builder

On Aug 4, 2009, at 13:11 , Mitch Hodges wrote:

Quote:

[quote="naumuk(at)windstream.net"]I realize that Oshkosh is like
the Christmas buying season for the aviation industry and didn't
cut in. No big deal.

> ---
Never been to Oshkosh, but I have attended its little sister, Sun
and Fun, since 1993 and each year have gone to the Zenith booth,
where I also bought my (still unfinished) 601HDS kit in 1995. The
"salesmanship" at the booth has definitely become more low key over
the years. The past four or five years I've had the same experience
where I've stood in the display area for as much as 45 minutes
looking at/in/around the planes and not been approached by a Zenith
rep of any type even though at times during the airshow, I'm the
only one "looking seriously". I know they don't know me, so it has
struck me as odd. Glad to see its not just me!

Now, if I go to the booth and engage someone they are always polite
and helpful. But, I have seen more than one potential buyer walk
off after not being helped other than by me or some other builder
standing nearby and see the question in the person's face.

--------
Mitch Hodges
N601MH (Zenith 601HDS)
Builder Log at http://www.hodges.aero

special4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Re: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

I have been to Oshkosh and Sun-n-Fun, and I did never have a problem talking to all of the Zenith guys... They are very friendly and helpful. Some "visitors" (potential buyers) like to "watch" the airplanes without a "salesperson" close by.... And if they don't approach you, why not go and talk to a representative yourself....

Peter Sonders
Ch 650

zodierocket(at)hsfx.ca

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

I feel bad for someone who feels slighted at the Airshow due to not being approached and talked to. Our day starts at 6am and we are on the field typically before 8 am, this is to give us time to uncover the planes, remove the dew from the airframe and to set out the pamphlets and arrange the tent for the day. During this time we typically start talking to those who approach us and we try to accomplish our morning tasks while talking. Oftentimes we forget to have lunch due to spending time with everyone and we never take a break in the morning or afternoon. The best we get is to retreat to the Gazebo and talk to people in that area, which allows us to have a cookie and a drink of water.
The tent had a sign stating the cost of hats and t-shirts and we sold out of shirts early, truly expecting Oshkosh to be a little slower this year due to the economy( like Sun-N-Fun was).
I had seen many people during the show that I recognized and tried to acknowledge them as much as possible, but with the constant crowd it was sometimes difficult to get a chance to say hi.

Oshkosh was staffed by 6-7 people this year
Sebastien Heintz – President of Zenith
Mathieu Heintz- Zenair
Nick Heintz- Tech support
Roger – customer service
Caleb- Engineer
Myself – Can-Zac
Doug – Quality sport planes and first time to Oshkosh ( so not a full timer in the booth)

OF all these people in the booth not one is a salesman, they are all builders and flyers of the aircraft, in fact we do not have a standing salesman, our enthusiasm for our product is often enough. The best we offer are the guys who will be there for you throughout the whole process, I personally believe that this is a better situation to have, we can answer your questions of building as well as provide you the information for you to make a decision. We typically do not approach people during the shows, we are approached constantly and often have people waiting to be talked to after we are finished with the person we are with, it is not my desire to act like a used car salesman, I wish to provide the information people are looking for and help them try out the planes.

IF I am not engaged in a conversation then I am standing beside a prop waiting to be approached or to say hi to anyone who is close. I may have retreated to the gazebo for a slight rest and to talk to people there. IT is not my intent to slight anyone during the show, the only person I try to avoid is Gus’s father, a great man and I enjoy hearing his stories, but he will talk to you for over an hour and he may not realize that he has told you all these stories before, he is 90 yrs old and a very interesting person.

On closing, if you’re at a show and you have a question, just walk up and ask! We are there for you to engage with, we are very approachable and friendly. IF we are busy then just hold your arm out to get our attention and stick close. As soon as we are finished with the person we are with then we can turn to you. But the secret is to stay close, sometimes if you wander off we get nabbed by another person and talk to them.

Mark Townsend
Can-Zac Aviation Ltd.
519-590-7601 www.canzac.ca
Canadian Dealer for Zenith Aircraft Kits, Zenair Designs.

From: owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-zenith-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill Naumuk
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 12:52 PM

Larry-

Since only Mark has seen me before, I didn't get to speak to anyone except when I was trying to get a T-shirt, I wasn't wearing a nametag and wasn't foaming at the mouth I think you can rule attitude out. In fact, I was upbeat at the possibility of finding an HDS T-shirt a passerby wore and wanted to ask some questions about the 750. I have since been contacted by the guy who makes all the Zenith apparel and he confirmed that only hats were available; Mark recognized me but was engaged in a conversation with a potential 750 buyer. I realize that Oshkosh is like the Christmas buying season for the aviation industry and didn't cut in. No big deal.

Back to work on the project. I have maybe two month's work left to go, that means (Considering my time estimates) I'll be flying by 2011.

Bill

do not archive
Quote:

----- Original Message -----

To: zenith-list(at)matronics.com (zenith-list(at)matronics.com)

Sent: Monday, August 03, 2009 9:15 PM

Subject: RE: Re: Builders dinner gettogether

maybe it was an attitude problem?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.
[quote][b]

Larry Webber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

Ben  you should be rightfully proud of what you accomplished Cwith your 801. the workmanship; especially the engine set-up is outstanding      congratulations on a project very well done 
Larry Webber 601xl rhode island

Date: Tue C 4 Aug 2009 22:14:20 +0000

I guess I should chime in here. I spent alot of last week (at) OSH in the Zenith booth answering questions about my 801 that was displayed. All the Zenith guys appeared to be actively working the crowd and answering questions. I just don't see them as being the kind of people to blow off anyone....
do not archive
Ben Haas
N801BH
www.haaspowerair.com

--------

Mitch Hodges

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Builders dinner gettogether Reply with quote

challgren(at)mac.com wrote:
Mitch & others:

I wasn't at Oshkosh this year and have never experienced the problem
you mentioned ...

I guess I should clarify, I wasn't really complaining or declaring it a problem, (although I can see how it could be interpreted that way) just adding an observation that their sales process seems to have changed over the years.

As I said "Now, if I go to the booth and engage someone they are always polite and helpful." I've never had any issues with any of the team and/or family members of Zenith, and I'm not a big fan of pushy sales tactics, so I wouldn't appreciate it either.

Back to building, or at least thinking about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Zenith-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: