Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question for the group about property tax on a/c

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william(at)netpros.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:21 pm    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

Sorry for the off topic post ... not sure where to ask this question:

In CA we pay a property tax on our a/c. Question: is the tax
pro-rated on a daily or monthly basis? So when I reposition my a/c
across county boundaries, do I pay a fraction of a month's tax to one
county, and the remainder to the other?

Thanks and apologies ...

William Halverson
Yak-55

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
f4ffm2(at)roadrunner.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

On Aug 3, 2009, at 7:18 PM, William Halverson wrote:
Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: William Halverson <william(at)netpros.net (william(at)netpros.net)>

In CA we pay a property tax on our a/c. Question: is the tax pro-rated on a daily or monthly basis?No So when I reposition my a/c across county boundaries, do I pay a fraction of a month's tax to one county, and the remainder to the other?No

Having owned airplanes of one kind or another for a bunch of years here in San Diego County, the way it's always worked for me is....whoever owns/possesses and keeps the airplane in a given county at mid-night...Dec. 31/Jan 1 pays the tax for the entire coming year. There are no rebates and, as I understand it, no taxes will be assessed by another county if the airplane moves there at anytime during that year. New taxes will be assessed on the following Jan 1 by the new county.
Roger baker
[quote]
Thanks and apologies ..

William - The Yak-List --> http://www.matronics.========================[b]http://www.matronics.com/co=================

[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jimscjs(at)mbay.net

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

I have two Yak's and my Tax's this year went up almost 3 times what I have been paying for the past 4 years, no reason given. That's California for you, I think I'm paying for all the Illigals.
[quote] ---

fish(at)aviation-tech.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

Jim,

I also noticed that my Calif taxes have gone up rather abruptly for my Yak and Hangers.

I agree, it is to finance illegal immigrants!

Laterrrrr
John Fischer

At 09:29 PM 8/3/2009, you wrote:
[quote]I have two Yak's and my Tax's this year went up almost 3 times what I have been paying for the past 4 years, no reason given. That's California for you, I think I'm paying for all the Illigals.
---

william(at)netpros.net

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

I'd like to thank the group for their quick replies!

William

At 08:54 PM 8/3/2009, Roger Baker wrote:

[quote]On Aug 3, 2009, at 7:18 PM, William Halverson wrote:

Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: William Halverson <william(at)netpros.net (william(at)netpros.net)>

In CA we pay a property tax on our a/c. Question: is the tax pro-rated on a daily or monthly basis?No So when I reposition my a/c across county boundaries, do I pay a fraction of a month's tax to one county, and the remainder to the other?No
Having owned airplanes of one kind or another for a bunch of years here in San Diego County, the way it's always worked for me is....whoever owns/possesses and keeps the airplane in a given county at mid-night...Dec. 31/Jan 1 pays the tax for the entire coming year. There are no rebates and, as I understand it, no taxes will be assessed by another county if the airplane moves there at anytime during that year. New taxes will be assessed on the following Jan 1 by the new county.

Roger baker
Quote:

Thanks and apologies ...

William - The Yak-List --> http://www.matronics.========================http://www.matronics.com/co =================

[b]

f4ffm2(at)roadrunner.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

The taxes for my airplanes didn't go up this year.  Don't know why....San Diego county is usually pretty good about getting as much out of their residents as they can.

As to the eventual use of the taxes I pay on my airplanes, it could be that some of it goes to illegal aliens, however some of it may go to pay for road repairs, to pay deputy sheriffs, and some for the library system.  I expect that much of it will be stolen in some way by the county supervisors (or other politicians) to be used in supporting their mistresses.
On Aug 3, 2009, at 9:48 PM, John Fischer wrote:
[quote] Jim,

I also noticed that my Calif taxes have gone up rather abruptly for my Yak and Hangers.

Laterrrrr
John Fischer

[quote]I have two Yak's and my Tax's this year went up almost 3 times what I have been paying for the past 4 years, no reason given. That's California for you, I think I'm paying for all the Illigals.
---

cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

No such taxes in Florida. We do have illegal's who pick the ferns and oranges. But for except some Democratic's down south who keep wanting raise taxes, most of the rest of the state gets really pissed if the state starts talking about raising taxes and we live with-in our means.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

In a message dated 8/4/2009 1:10:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, f4ffm2(at)roadrunner.com writes:
[quote]The taxes for my airplanes didn't go up this year. Don't know why....San Diego county is usually pretty good about getting as much out of their residents as they can.

As to the eventual use of the taxes I pay on my airplanes, it could be that some of it goes to illegal aliens, however some of it may go to pay for road repairs, to pay deputy sheriffs, and some for the library system. I expect that much of it will be stolen in some way by the county supervisors (or other politicians) to be used in supporting their mistresses.

[quote]Jim,

Laterrrrr
John Fischer

---

jblake207(at)COMCAST.NET

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

Good to know info Pappy. BTW - if my state revenue office calls, my airplane has been in your hanger in Florida for the last ten years!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />---

cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: question for the group about property tax on a/c Reply with quote

That's correct. I've had to duck under its wing in order to get to my 55 gal oil drum of 100w. ;-}
Pappy

In a message dated 8/4/2009 5:15:36 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jblake207(at)COMCAST.NET writes:
[quote]
Good to know info Pappy. BTW - if my state revenue office calls, my airplane has been in your hanger in Florida for the last ten years!----- Original Message -----
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2009 3:13:53 PM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: question for the group about property tax on a/c

No such taxes in Florida. We do have illegal's who pick the ferns and oranges. But for except some Democratic's down south who keep wanting raise taxes, most of the rest of the state gets really pissed if the state starts talking about raising taxes and we live with-in our means.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

In a message dated 8/4/2009 1:10:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, f4ffm2(at)roadrunner.com writes:
[quote]The taxes for my airplanes didn't go up this year. Don't know why....San Diego county is usually pretty good about getting as much out of their residents as they can.

As to the eventual use of the taxes I pay on my airplanes, it could be that some of it goes to illegal aliens, however some of it may go to pay for road repairs, to pay deputy sheriffs, and some for the library system. I expect that much of it will be stolen in some way by the county supervisors (or other politicians) to be used in supporting their mistresses.

[quote]Jim,

Laterrrrr
John Fischer

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: