Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TCFG Fly-In

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yourtcfg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: TCFG Fly-In Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

We're getting REALLY excited about this year's fly-in ad hopefully you are too. Wanted to bring up a few items in preparation for the Fly-In.

1. The August 17th deadline for booking your hotel room is fast approaching so if you're planning on attending please make sure you get your room reserved. Also, they only have a small number of rental cars availble so you should also make your reservation with Enterprise.

2. In addition, we have heard several people mention they are attending, but we have not received registration forms from everyone. This is also important as it helps us plan the numbers to give to the caterers to insure we have the right amount of food.

3. If you have any recommended changes to the Membership/Vendor directory please get those to us immediately so we can make revisions for this year's printing.

Can't wait to hear everyone's Commander tails. I have several to tell myself having just finished delivering 5 AeroCommanders (most of them had not flown for several years) to an A&P school in Alabama. Definitely some drama involved including hitting a deer on a landing in Arkansas and damaging the nose gear (YeeHaw!!!!!!). Way glad I was in a Commander rather than some small airplane or I might not be here to tell the story and the airplane definitely would have ended up in a scrap heap somewhere rather than being fixed and flown on to the final destination. Good to know that airpanes that may have been parted out will now live on to teach young students for many years how to maintain airplanes, especially about hydraulics which is why they wanted Commanders.

~jb

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
Peter Bichier

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: TCFG Fly-In Reply with quote

Commanders,

Yeah! also getting really excited to see you all, I have my hotel reservation and have sent my registration (with sweet spot for a box at Reno) through the snail mail (I was in Portland a couple of weeks ago, but could not escape to Washougal...) so expect my letter soon; however, for the car & plane reservations I'm not quite sure what to do.

The usual dilemma: I'd rather of course get there hopping a ride on a AC ANYTIME! but I realize it's also a hauler... and IF I am able to do this dream flight on a Commander (of course helping with the gas and OIL!) but I know my chances are very slim... well I would rent a car from Carson City and not from Reno or even considering Sacramento...

SO: do any of you east coaster or mid wester are considering flying in with your tough birds? if so, would you be willing to pick up a passenger at KTDZ? that's Toledo, Ohio...?

I can also drive towards Michigan, Cleveland, or Philli, or Chicago and catch the ride there, I'm up for ANYTHING, as long as I have a slim chance to hop on a Commander and revive my childhood...

Anyways, just like I said a year ago, no matter how I'll get there, I'll be there! I had such a blast, I won't miss for nothing!

I'm glad I'm recognizing those threatening to show up! we'll bring the camera!

saludos,

p.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

WINGFLYER1(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: TCFG Fly-In Reply with quote

Jim,Sue , Can you give me some info on the Fly=Inn reservations. I just may be able to get their this year. Thanks Gil

In a message dated 6/12/2009 11:16:07 A.M. Central America Standard , yourtcfg(at)aol.com writes:
Quote:
Hi Kids,

The registration packets for the Fly-In will be mailed to members this weekend. If you don't receive one and would like one, let us know and we'll be glad to mail it to you.

As mentioned previously we will be in Carson City Nevada this year and will combine our Fly-in with the Reno Air Races. Because of this it is important that you book early as rooms and cars will go fast and if you wait until the last minute there may not be anything available.

Tentative schedule for the event is as follows:

Wednesday   Arrival Day and Welcome Dinner
Thursday Seminars and Awards Banquet
Fri, Sat & Sun   Attend Reno Air Races
We have booked a box seat on the flght line at the races. Cost will be $325 per person for the entire race event and in addition to the box seat this includes daily parking, daily pit passes and allows us to bring in a couple of coolers each day. The box seat holds up to 15 people so we will need to have you reserve early so if needed we can obtain another box seat. You would also have the option of buying general admission or reserved bleacher seating.

Looking forward to seeing you all at this event.

Jim & Sue
Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy recipes for the grill.
Quote:

====================================
t href="http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
ms.matronics.com/">http://forums.matronics.com
tp://www.matronics.com/contribution">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: