Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

outrigger wheels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fklein(at)orcasonline.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: outrigger wheels Reply with quote

Guys...I've been looking into substitutes for the kit-provided outrigger wheel, and thought I'd found the answer with a Colson Performa wheel which comes w/ sealed ball bearings. After Kingsley acquainted me w/ the distinction between "sealed ball bearings" and "maintenance-free precision ball bearings" I found the following in the McMaster catalogue (I hope the text and graphics gets thru the matronics server). This "Easy-Roll Rubber-Tread Wheel" (McMaster part # 2439T42) which comes with "maintenance-free precision ball bearings" has a ridiculous low price of $7.81. I've queried McMaster, and they confirm that yes, it does come w/ these bearings. I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and can comment on their performance.

Or...has anyone found the ultimate outrigger wheel?
Fred
A194

Easy-Roll Rubber-Tread Wheels[url=javascript:chgimg(\'EVPAC\');][img]cid:1C81C9C3-3FEC-427E-BA07-FF2EEDF7E7FF[/img][/url]3 1/2" to 6" Dia.

[url=javascript:chgimg(\'EPAAE\');][img]cid:B7A55908-0BAA-4E6A-A009-E4BADA0E7EEA[/img][/url]8" to 10" Dia.

• Blue rubber on nylon core
  • Durometer is 70A
  • Temperature range is -40° to +200° F

Resilient rubber tread rebounds quickly, so you can roll and turn easily on most surfaces. The maintenance-free precision ball bearings require minimal effort to get these wheels rolling.
[url=javascript:TargetLink(\'TR1588\',\'tr\',\'PT15881\',\'2439T41\');]2439T41[/url]$7.104" x 1 1/4" 3/8"1 5/8"250[url=javascript:TargetLink(\'TR1589\',\'tr\',\'PT15891\',\'2439T42\');]2439T42[/url]7.81

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

2439tp1s.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  4.03 KB
 Viewed:  1164 Time(s)

2439tp1s.gif

2439tp2s.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  5.38 KB
 Viewed:  1164 Time(s)

2439tp2s.gif

fklein(at)orcasonline.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: outrigger wheels Reply with quote

Guys...I've been looking into substitutes for the kit-provided outrigger wheel, and thought I'd found the answer with a Colson Performa wheel which comes w/ sealed ball bearings. After Kingsley acquainted me w/ the distinction between "sealed ball bearings" and "maintenance-free precision ball bearings" I found the following in the McMaster catalogue (the text and graphics can't get thru the matronics server).

This "Easy-Roll Rubber-Tread Wheel" (McMaster part # 2439T42) is described as "Resilient rubber tread rebounds quickly, so you can roll and turn easily on most surfaces. The maintenance-free precision ball bearings require minimal effort to get these wheels rolling". It is blue rubber on a nylon core, has a Durometer of 70A, and is rated at 250 pounds. It also has a ridiculous low price of $7.81. I've queried McMaster, and they confirm that yes, it does come w/ double precision bearings...I've yet to determine whether they are double-shielded, or double-sealed. They require a 3/8" shaft, so a sleeve bushing would be required in order to stay with the 5/16" bolts.
I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and can comment on their performance. Or...has anyone found the ultimate outrigger wheel?

Fred
A194

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: