Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yourtcfg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER Reply with quote

--

- The Matronics Commander-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Commander-List
hcourier(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER Reply with quote

Let's see a picture of the restored flying machine!!!
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

barry.collman(at)air-brit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER Reply with quote

Hello All,

Fully agreed - well done Richard and no doubt the Hobbs meter will be working overtime in the coming months.

Another fact about Richard is that he has attended every TCFG Fly-In since 2001 and Jacqui has accompanied him numerous times.
It's a pity that others, living in the back yard of the various Fly-Ins are never seen.

Best Regards,
Barry

---

richard(at)flycorp.com.au

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER Reply with quote

Hi All,

JB thanks for the kind words. This has been a long and trying experience with many highs and lows. Possibly the worst part of it were those times when the doubters got to me and made me review my sanity. But hey you keep going and one day it is finished. The old girl flies like a dream. No issues other than a throttle closing on me on take off as I grabbed the gear. Thought what the hell , apply rudder, gear up and deal with the problem alter. Was happy to notice that the throttle was closed and had not killed an engine. Did not have enough tension on the throttles.
Turned more than a little AvGas into noise. Apparently the smile has just started to fade, while at the same time it is a bit of an anticlimax. All we need is to do the paint and interior.

On a more serious note I could not have done this without the help of a number of people both here and in the US.
JimBob for all his technical help, the many hours we have spent together in 222Jim&Sue learning these 680s. For letting me and Jax into his and Sues family. We love you guys.
Morris for being the fountain of knowledge that he is. Never failing to answer questions when the answer eluded me. For finding parts etc.
Moe and Budddy, What more can I say. Being mates.
All the rest of our friends at TCFG.We love you all and look forward each year to catching up with you. As many of you have welcomed us into your homes and lives we extend the same to you when you visit our shores. Expecting Stan and Cathy soon.

Thank you all.

Cheers
Rich & Jax

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of yourtcfg(at)aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, 7 October 2009 2:54 AM
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER

--

white_rhino_ps(at)yahoo.c

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:41 pm    Post subject: Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER Reply with quote

What an amazing accomplishment! Kudos to all, including the helpers! I had the same throttle closing experience before overhauling both engines! I hope you took some in-process pictures to share.Craig
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&TFrom: "Richard Thompson" <richard(at)flycorp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 08:08:09 +1100
To: <commander-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: RE: Commander-List: Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER

Hi = All,

JB thanks for the kind words. This = has been a long and trying experience with many highs and lows. Possibly the = worst part of it were those times when the doubters got to me and made me = review my sanity. But hey you keep going and one day it is finished. The old girl = flies like a dream. No issues other than a throttle closing on me on take off = as I grabbed the gear. Thought what the hell , apply rudder, gear up and deal = with the problem alter. Was happy to notice that the throttle was closed and = had not killed an engine. Did not have enough tension on the = throttles.
Turned more than a little AvGas = into noise. Apparently the smile has just started to fade, while at the same time it = is a bit of an anticlimax. All we need is to do the paint and = interior.

On a more serious note I could not = have done this without the help of a number of people both here and in the = US.=
JimBob for all his technical help, = the many hours we have spent together in 222Jim&Sue learning these 680s. = For letting me and Jax into his and Sues family. We love you = guys.
Morris for being the fountain of = knowledge that he is. Never failing to answer questions when the answer eluded me. = For finding parts etc.
Moe and Budddy, What more can I = say. Being mates.
All the rest of our friends at = TCFG.We love you all and look forward each year to catching up with you. As many = of you have welcomed us into your homes and lives we extend the same to you = when you visit our shores. Expecting Stan and Cathy = soon.

Thank you = all.

Cheers
Rich & Jax =

From: owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-commander-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of yourtcfg(at)aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, 7 = October 2009 2:54 AM
To: commander-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Commander-List: = Fwd: ANOTHER 680E IN THE AIR, DOWN UNDER

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Commander-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: