Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DC-3 Pilot in the News

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N642K

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:53 pm    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Jailed Delta pilot suspended
Man accused of trying to run over Griffin police with his private plane.

By Megan Matteucci
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Friday, November 13, 2009
Delta Air Lines has suspended a pilot while officials investigate charges he tried to run over two Griffin police officers with his private plane.

Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault and obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriff’s office said.

Gryder, a Delta pilot and private aircraft instructor, was arrested Wednesday at the Griffin-Spalding Airport.

“He is suspended pending the completion into the investigation in this incident,” Delta spokesman Anthony Black said Thursday.

Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the airport Wednesday on a report of a pilot disrupting the airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway and taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton said.

Police said the suspect gave two officers a fake name. After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers tried to issue citations, police said.

Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his plane, a 1937 DC-3A, police said. He started the engine and told one officer that if she moved, he would strike her car, police said.

The officer, who was standing next to the plane, moved out of the way and summoned backup.

More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to taxi down the runway, police said.

Gryder got to the end of the runway and tried to take off, but he was out of gas. Police arrested Gryder and took him to jail.

Gryder’s actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting flights from departing or arriving, police said.

“He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45 minutes,” Clanton said. “His actions created a danger for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use the airport.”

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Jetj01(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

What a dork!

In a message dated 11/13/2009 6:55:28 P.M. Central Standard Time, mdecanio(at)mac.com writes:
Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: "N642K" <mdecanio(at)mac.com>

By Megan Matteucci
Delta Air Lines has suspended a pilot while officials investigate charges he tried to run over two Griffin police officers with his private plane.

Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault and obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriff’s office said.

Gryder, a Delta pilot and private aircraft instructor, was arrested Wednesday at the Griffin-Spalding Airport.

“He is suspended pending the completion into the investigation in this incident,” Delta spokesman Anthony Black said Thursday.

Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the airport Wednesday on a report of a pilot disrupting the airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway and taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton said.

Police said the suspect gave two officers a fake name. After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers tried to issue citations, police said.

Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his plane, a 1937 DC-3A, police said. He started the engine and told one officer that if she moved, he would strike her car, police said.

The officer, who was standing next to the plane, moved out of the way and summoned backup.

More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to taxi down the runway, police said.

Gryder got to the end of the runway and tried to take off, but he was out of gas. Police arrested Gryder and took him to jail.

Gryder’s actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting flights from departing or arriving, police said.

“He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45 minutes,” Clanton said. “His actions created a danger for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use the airport.”

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=272747#272747===============================================
_nbsp; (And Get Some AWESOME FREE to find Gifts tric re b k you for p; -Matt Dralle, List ======================== e ties Day ================================================ - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ==================================================

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

terrycalloway(at)mac.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Quote:
For the sake of our good RPA friend Dan, I hope you are referring to the police as "dork"s. Because I assume you have talked to Dan and know what really happened and also know the press could never be wrong.
Pumper

On Saturday, November 14, 2009, at 09:39AM, <Jetj01(at)aol.com> wrote:
Quote:
What a dork!

In a message dated 11/13/2009 6:55:28 P.M. Central Standard Time, mdecanio(at)mac.com writes:
Quote:

By Megan Matteucci

Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault and obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriff&euro;&trade;s office said.

&euro;?He is suspended pending the completion into the investigation in this incident,&euro; Delta spokesman Anthony Black said Thursday.

Gryder&euro;&trade;s actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting flights from departing or arriving, police said.

&euro;?He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45 minutes,&euro; Clanton said. &euro;?His actions created a danger for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use the airport.&euro;

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p 72747#272747===============================================
_nbsp; (And Get Some AWESOME FREE to find Gifts tric re b k you for p; -Matt Dralle, List ======================== e ties Day ================================================ - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ==================================================

Quote:

jeffpritchard(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Amen. Pumper!

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 7:22 AM, Terry Calloway <terrycalloway(at)mac.com (terrycalloway(at)mac.com)> wrote:
[quote]
Quote:

For the sake of our good RPA friend Dan, I hope you are referring to the police as "dork"s. Because I assume you have talked to Dan and know what really happened and also know the press could never be wrong.
Pumper

On Saturday, November 14, 2009, at 09:39AM, <Jetj01(at)aol.com (Jetj01(at)aol.com)> wrote:
Quote:
What a dork!

In a message dated 11/13/2009 6:55:28 P.M. Central Standard Time, mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com) writes:
Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: "N642K" <mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com)>

By Megan Matteucci

?He is suspended pending the completion into the investigation in this incident,” Delta spokesman Anthony Black said Thursday.

?He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45 minutes,” Clanton said. ?His actions created a danger for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use the airport.”

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=272747#272747======================
_nbsp; (And Get Some AWESOME FREE to find Gifts tric re b k you for p; -Matt Dralle, List ======================== e ties Day ======================= - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS

Quote:

[b]

keithmckinley

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

OK as a fellow Delta pilot I don't condone this crap but if you read closely, the officers were Code Enforcement officers. Otherwise know as building inspectors in small towns. I have dealt with these "CEO's" and they carry a lot of clout with minimal knowledge. Usually not helpful folks in my neck of the woods.

While I have never tried to run them down with my plane, other methods of "revenge" have crossed my mind!

kidding....

btw, landing on taxiways, forgetting to land in MSP, testing positive in Heathrow (x2), now this.....

And we were looking so good post Sully....

yakplt(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

SO...... an Airline Transport Pilot, ... in fact one who flies for Delta, a company that is not known to hire idiots.... who is also rated in a DC3,  shuts down a whole airport, tries to run over police officers... and Oh my GOOD GOD.... "refuses to sign a  ticket".   WOW! 

Well hell yes, SHOOT THAT SORRY PIECE OF ... well...  never mind.   

Having had some personal experience with:

1.  The news media.
2.  Airport Administrators. 
3.  Local police departments. 

I would bet a LARGE sum of money that this is a rather trumped up set of charges because someone had the outright gall not to be totally subservient to a Law Enforcement Officer or better yet.... God Forbid..... a  freaking Building Inspector !! 

STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SORRY PIECE OF TRASH, GET DOWN IN THE DIRT AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU HEAD,  DON'T YOU KNOW I AM THE LOCAL BUILDING INSPECTOR?   Yeah... right. 

Sorry Yak List Readers.... but this kind of news report just really fries my ass. 

Putting it simply. 

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.    Oh yeah, it happened.. .but not like it has been reported here.  No way on God's Green Earth. 

Of course, I could be wrong, but I really freaking doubt it.   Sorry, just my "BS meter" over-flowing and using the YAK List to vent. 

My sincere apologies.

Mark Bitterlich

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com> wrote:
Subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 7:53 PM

By Megan Matteucci

More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to taxi down the runway, police said

cjpilot710(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

50 years ago I graduated from Hialeah high school. Every damn bully in that school became a Miami cop.

Pappy
[quote][b]

tigeryak18t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

I would fully agree with you if there was not this freaking film of the L39 jet passing by and this history of disturbing the airport ....
Pricks are hiding everywhere!!!
What do you think about these people fleing and yelling...on my point of you it is the mark of an irresponsible if it is not an AH (means Ass Hole!!! in french!!!!)

kind regards
2009/11/17 Yak Pilot <yakplt(at)yahoo.com (yakplt(at)yahoo.com)>
Quote:
SO...... an Airline Transport Pilot, ... in fact one who flies for Delta, a company that is not known to hire idiots.... who is also rated in a DC3, shuts down a whole airport, tries to run over police officers... and Oh my GOOD GOD.... "refuses to sign a ticket". WOW!

Well hell yes, SHOOT THAT SORRY PIECE OF ... well... never mind.

1. The news media.
2. Airport Administrators.
3. Local police departments.

I would bet a LARGE sum of money that this is a rather trumped up set of charges because someone had the outright gall not to be totally subservient to a Law Enforcement Officer or better yet....God Forbid..... a freaking Building Inspector !!

STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SORRY PIECE OF TRASH, GET DOWN IN THE DIRT AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU HEAD, DON'T YOU KNOW I AM THE LOCAL BUILDING INSPECTOR? Yeah... right.

Sorry Yak List Readers.... but this kind of news report just really fries my ass.

Putting it simply.

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT. Oh yeah, it happened.. .but not like it has been reported here. No way on God's Green Earth.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I really freaking doubt it. Sorry, just my "BS meter" over-flowing and using the YAK List to vent.

My sincere apologies.

Mark Bitterlich

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com)> wrote:

Quote:

To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)

By Megan Matteucci

Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail, charged with two counts of aggravated assault and obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriffs office said.

He is suspended pending the completion into the investigation in this incident, Delta spokesman Anthony Black said Thursday.

Gryders actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting flights from departing or arriving, police said.

He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45 minutes, Clanton said. His actions created a danger for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use the airport.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p;November is the Annual List Fund Raiser. Click http://www.matronics.com/contribution" target=_blank>http://www.matronicsp; -Matt Drahe r?Yak-List" target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List-->

Quote:

"_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
.com/" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
et="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
ttp://forums.matronics.com

--
Didier BLOUZARD
didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)
[quote][b]

jack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Quote:
> ... What do you think about these people fleing and yelling...<<

Well, thats an important part of the issue. It wasn't France, it was the Santa Monica Pier, CALIFORNIA USA, a geograhical spot in which a goodly portion of the population is known to mount irrational responses at the drop of hat, whining even, on various issues in order to assert their importance.

I guess if a low pass happend in Nice onlookers would be cheering, like they do in other parts of the world.

Jack

--- On Tue, 11/17/09, Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Quote:
Subject: Re: DC-3 Pilot in the News
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 11:02 AM
Hi Mark,

I would fully agree with you if there was not this
freaking film of the L39 jet passing by and this history of
disturbing the airport ....
What do you think about these people fleing and
yelling...on my point of you it is the mark of an
irresponsible if it is not an AH (means Ass Hole!!! in
french!!!!)

kind regards

2009/11/17 Yak Pilot <yakplt(at)yahoo.com>

SO...... an Airline Transport Pilot, ... in fact one
who flies for Delta, a company that is not known to hire
idiots.... who is also rated in a DC3,  shuts down a whole
airport, tries to run over police officers... and Oh my GOOD
GOD.... "refuses to sign a  ticket".   WOW! 

Well hell yes, SHOOT THAT SORRY PIECE OF ... well... 
never mind.   

1.  The news media.

I would bet a LARGE sum of money that this is a rather
trumped up set of charges because someone had the outright
gall not to be totally subservient to a Law Enforcement
Officer or better yet.... God Forbid..... a  freaking
Building Inspector !! 

STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SORRY PIECE OF TRASH, GET DOWN
IN THE DIRT AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU HEAD,  DON'T
YOU KNOW I AM THE LOCAL BUILDING INSPECTOR?   Yeah...
right. 

Sorry Yak List Readers.... but this kind of news
report just really fries my ass. 

Putting it simply. 

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.    Oh yeah, it happened.. .but
not like it has been reported here.  No way on God's
Green Earth. 

Of course, I could be wrong, but I really freaking
doubt it.   Sorry, just my "BS meter"
over-flowing and using the YAK List to vent. 

My sincere apologies.

Mark Bitterlich

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com>
wrote:

<mdecanio(at)mac.com>

Man accused of trying to run over Griffin police with his
private plane.

By Megan Matteucci
Delta Air Lines has suspended a pilot while officials
investigate charges he tried to run over two Griffin police
officers with his private plane.

Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail,
charged with two counts of aggravated assault and
obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled
to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriff’s office said.

Gryder, a Delta pilot and private aircraft instructor, was
arrested Wednesday at the Griffin-Spalding Airport.

“He is suspended pending the completion into the
investigation in this incident,” Delta spokesman Anthony
Black said Thursday.

Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the
airport Wednesday on a report of a pilot disrupting the
airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway and
taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton said.

Police said the suspect gave two officers a fake name.
After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers tried to
issue citations, police said.

Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his plane, a
1937 DC-3A, police said. He started the engine and told one
officer that if she moved, he would strike her car, police
said.

The officer, who was standing next to the plane, moved out
of the way and summoned backup.

More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded
the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to
taxi down the runway, police said.

Gryder got to the end of the runway and tried to take off,
but he was out of gas. Police arrested Gryder and took him
to jail.

Gryder’s actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting
flights from departing or arriving, police said.

“He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45
minutes,” Clanton said. “His actions created a danger
for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use
the airport.”

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p; November
is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click
http://www.matronics.com/contribution"
target=_blank>http://www.matronicsp;              
    -Matt Drahe r?Yak-List"
target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List  -->

.com/"
target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com

--
Didier BLOUZARD
didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com

provided

yakplt(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Pappy, you and I are on the same sheet of music here.
Thanks for putting it much more eloquently than I did.

Mark

--- On Tue, 11/17/09, cjpilot710(at)aol.com <cjpilot710(at)aol.com> wrote:

Quote:

Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 10:32 AM

50 years ago I graduated from Hialeah high school. Every damn bully in that school became a Miami cop.

Pappy
Quote:

m/" rel=nofollow target=_blank>www.aeroelectric.com
/" rel=nofollow target=_blank>www.buildersbooks.com
ofollow target=_blank>www.homebuilthelp.com
llow target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/contribution
=nofollow target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
et=_blank>http://forums.matronics.com

[quote][b]

yakplt(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

The film of the L-39 made me shiver.   The guy lost his ticket with an emergency revocation.  But I am now hearing hints of other factors, and it was not just the "show off stunt" that it appeared to be in the news.  I am going to withhold any further comments because as of the moment it is all "hear-say", but even what looks to be a total nutcase on a news film can honestly turn out to be something else.  We are constantly pawns of the media... ALL OF US!   We are all fed news reports every second and are taught to take them as GOSPEL !!  I am as guilty as the next guy, but I am really starting to look at every single thing in the news, (I MEAN ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE MEDIA)... with the following question in my mind every time I watch... which is:  "Is this really true, or has it been pumped up and exaggerated to grab the interest of the person watching?"  Think about it. 

Bad people are indeed hiding everywhere... and the news media is no exception.

Best Regards,

Mark 

p.s. This is just my two cents, but let me tell you from having actually been where "news is being reported", that what I saw with my own two eyes is NOT how it was reported in the media.   The Middle East is a perfect example, same with Vietnam, and even Desert Storm. 

Further, my personal incident recently came about from SHOOTING A GUN AT MY LOCAL AIRPORT!   MULTIPLE SHOTS WITH A WEAPON IN THE VICINITY OF AIRCRAFT AND DOGS AND PEOPLE AND STUFF!    WOW...  Am I nut case or not?  (Please don't answer that.) 

Of course it was a little air-rifle and the local cops said no problem, but the Airport Authority ... well, another story entirely.  All that from shooting a little BB gun at a tin can. 

Big Sigh....  

Hi Mark,

I would fully agree with you if there was not this freaking film of the L39 jet passing by and this history of disturbing the airport ....
What do you think about these people fleing and yelling...on my point of you it is the mark of an irresponsible if it is not an AH (means Ass Hole!!! in french!!!!)

kind regards
2009/11/17 Yak Pilot <yakplt(at)yahoo.com>
SO...... an Airline Transport Pilot, ... in fact one who flies for Delta, a company that is not known to hire idiots.... who is also rated in a DC3,  shuts down a whole airport, tries to run over police officers... and Oh my GOOD GOD.... "refuses to sign a  ticket".   WOW! 

Well hell yes, SHOOT THAT SORRY PIECE OF ... well...  never mind.   

1.  The news media.

I would bet a LARGE sum of money that this is a rather trumped up set of charges because someone had the outright gall not to be totally subservient to a Law Enforcement Officer or better yet.... God Forbid..... a  freaking Building Inspector !! 

STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SORRY PIECE OF TRASH, GET DOWN IN THE DIRT AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU HEAD,  DON'T YOU KNOW I AM THE LOCAL BUILDING INSPECTOR?   Yeah... right. 

Putting it simply. 

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.    Oh yeah, it happened.. .but not like it has been reported here.  No way on God's Green Earth. 

Of course, I could be wrong, but I really freaking doubt it.   Sorry, just my "BS meter" over-flowing and using the YAK List to vent. 

My sincere apologies.

Mark Bitterlich

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com> wrote:

By Megan Matteucci

More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to taxi down the runway, police said

yakplt(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Truer words were never spoken.

Mark Bitterlich

--- On Tue, 11/17/09, xiaobao <aihuabao(at)yahoo.com> wrote:

Quote:

Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 11:51 AM

--> Yak-List message posted by: xiaobao <aihuabao(at)yahoo.com (aihuabao(at)yahoo.com)>
Quote:
> ... What do you think about these people fleing and yelling...<<

Well, thats an important part of the issue. It wasn't France, it was the Santa Monica Pier, CALIFORNIA USA, a geograhical spot in which a goodly portion of the population is known to mount irrational responses at the drop of hat, whining even, on various issues in order to assert their importance.

I guess if a low pass happend in Nice onlookers would be cheering, like they do in other parts of the world.

Jack

--- On Tue, 11/17/09, Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)>
Hi Mark,

I would fully agree with you if there was not this
freaking film of the L39 jet passing by and this history of
disturbing the airport ....
What do you think about these people fleing and
yelling...on my point of you it is the mark of an
irresponsible if it is not an AH (means Ass Hole!!! in
french!!!!)

kind regards

2009/11/17 Yak Pilot <yakplt(at)yahoo.com (yakplt(at)yahoo.com)>

SO...... an Airline Transport Pilot, ... in fact one
who flies for Delta, a company that is not known to hire
idiots.... who is also rated in a DC3, shuts down a whole
airport, tries to run over police officers... and Oh my GOOD
GOD.... "refuses to sign a ticket". WOW!

Well hell yes, SHOOT THAT SORRY PIECE OF ... well...
never mind.

1. The news media.
2. Airport Administrators.
3. Local police departments.

I would bet a LARGE sum of money that this is a rather
trumped up set of charges because someone had the outright
gall not to be totally subservient to a Law Enforcement
Officer or better yet....God Forbid..... a freaking
Building Inspector !!

STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SORRY PIECE OF TRASH, GET DOWN
IN THE DIRT AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU HEAD, DON'T
YOU KNOW I AM THE LOCAL BUILDING INSPECTOR? Yeah...
right.

Sorry Yak List Readers.... but this kind of news
report just really fries my ass.

Putting it simply.

I DO NOT BELIEVE IT. Oh yeah, it happened.. .but
not like it has been reported here. No way on God's
Green Earth.

Of course, I could be wrong, but I really freaking
doubt it. Sorry, just my "BS meter"
over-flowing and using the YAK List to vent.

My sincere apologies.

Mark Bitterlich

--- On Fri, 11/13/09, N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com)>
wrote:

--> Yak-List message posted by: "N642K"
<mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com)>

Man accused of trying to run over Griffin police with his
private plane.

By Megan Matteucci
Delta Air Lines has suspended a pilot while officials
investigate charges he tried to run over two Griffin police
officers with his private plane.

Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail,
charged with two counts of aggravated assault and
obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled
to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriff’s office said.

Gryder, a Delta pilot and private aircraft instructor, was
arrested Wednesday at the Griffin-Spalding Airport.

“He is suspended pending the completion into the
investigation in this incident,” Delta spokesman Anthony
Black said Thursday.

Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the
airport Wednesday on a report of a pilot disrupting the
airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway and
taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton said.

Police said the suspect gave two officers a fake name.
After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers tried to
issue citations, police said.

Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his plane, a
1937 DC-3A, police said. He started the engine and told one
officer that if she moved, he would strike her car, police
said.

The officer, who was standing next to the plane, moved out
of the way and summoned backup.

More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded
the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to
taxi down the runway, police said.

Gryder got to the end of the runway and tried to take off,
but he was out of gas. Police arrested Gryder and took him
to jail.

Gryder’s actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting
flights from departing or arriving, police said.

“He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45
minutes,” Clanton said. “His actions created a danger
for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use
the airport.”

[url=http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p; November]http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p; November[/url]
is the Annual List Fund Raiser. Click
http://www.matronics.com/contribution"
target=_blank>http://www.matronicsp;
-Matt Drahe r?Yak-List"
target=_blank>[url=http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List --]http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List --[/url]>

.com/"

--
Didier BLOUZARD

provided

ht &nbsph ronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List" target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Nav - MATRONICS WEB========

[quote][b]

tigeryak18t

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Hi Mark,

unfortunately I think you are not aware of how it is to fly in France. I can tell you that if you were trying a low pass near Nice or Canne the cops will be at the airport waiting for you. And not only for a fine !!!
We in France are all looking the US as a great country for the freedom of flight and the consideration people have for flightmen. Not in France I can tell you. It seems amazing but this is it.
It is so much more complicated here when it comes to fly !!!!
I propose that you come in France. Then we will together make a trip from Paris to Nice, starting with the A class around Paris, then the A class around Lyon, then all the military zones. Do not forget to avoid a french speciality since the 11th....the Temporary Forbiden Zones..(even if we did not suffer like the US)...Not forgeting the control for which you a a disturbance if you are not a commercial flight...
I tryed to purchase a L39 and you can't imagine the difficulties that the french administration is consciensciously making to us. I forgot it for the moment.

If you pass by Paris, you will be more than welcome to understand that and it will be my pleasure to make you fly in my 18T or 52.

Kind regards

Didier

2009/11/17 xiaobao <aihuabao(at)yahoo.com (aihuabao(at)yahoo.com)>
Quote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: xiaobao <aihuabao(at)yahoo.com (aihuabao(at)yahoo.com)>

>> ... What do you think about these people fleing and yelling...<<

Jack

--- On Tue, 11/17/09, Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

> From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)>
> Subject: Re: DC-3 Pilot in the News
> To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)

Quote:

Quote:
Hi Mark,
>

> I would fully agree with you if there was not this
> freaking film of the L39 jet passing by and this history of
> disturbing the airport ....
> Pricks are hiding everywhere!!!
> What do you think about these people fleing and
> yelling...on my point of you it is the mark of an
> irresponsible if it is not an AH (means Ass Hole!!! in
> french!!!!)
>
> kind regards
>
>
> 2009/11/17 Yak Pilot <yakplt(at)yahoo.com (yakplt(at)yahoo.com)>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> SO...... an Airline Transport Pilot, ... in fact one
> who flies for Delta, a company that is not known to hire
> idiots.... who is also rated in a DC3, shuts down a whole
> airport, tries to run over police officers... and Oh my GOOD
> GOD.... "refuses to sign a ticket". WOW!
>
>
>
> Well hell yes, SHOOT THAT SORRY PIECE OF ... well...
> never mind.
>
> Having had some personal experience with:
>
> 1. The news media.
> 2. Airport Administrators.
> 3. Local police departments.
>
> I would bet a LARGE sum of money that this is a rather
> trumped up set of charges because someone had the outright
> gall not to be totally subservient to a Law Enforcement
> Officer or better yet....God Forbid..... a freaking
> Building Inspector !!
>
>
> STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SORRY PIECE OF TRASH, GET DOWN
> IN THE DIRT AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU HEAD, DON'T
> YOU KNOW I AM THE LOCAL BUILDING INSPECTOR? Yeah...
> right.
>
> Sorry Yak List Readers.... but this kind of news
> report just really fries my ass.
>
> Putting it simply.
>
> I DO NOT BELIEVE IT. Oh yeah, it happened.. .but
> not like it has been reported here. No way on God's
> Green Earth.
>
> Of course, I could be wrong, but I really freaking
> doubt it. Sorry, just my "BS meter"
> over-flowing and using the YAK List to vent.
>
> My sincere apologies.
>
>
>
> Mark Bitterlich
>
>
>
> --- On Fri, 11/13/09, N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com)>
> wrote:
>
>
> From: N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com)>
> Subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News
>
> To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
> Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 7:53 PM
>
>
> --> Yak-List message posted by: "N642K"
> <mdecanio(at)mac.com (mdecanio(at)mac.com)>
>
> Jailed Delta pilot suspended
> Man accused of trying to run over Griffin police with his
> private plane.
>
>
> By Megan Matteucci
> The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
> Friday, November 13, 2009
> Delta Air Lines has suspended a pilot while officials
> investigate charges he tried to run over two Griffin police
> officers with his private plane.
>
>
> Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County jail,
> charged with two counts of aggravated assault and
> obstruction. He is being held without bond and is scheduled
> to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriffs office said.
>
>
> Gryder, a Delta pilot and private aircraft instructor, was
> arrested Wednesday at the Griffin-Spalding Airport.
>
> He is suspended pending the completion into the
> investigation in this incident, Delta spokesman Anthony
> Black said Thursday.
>
>
> Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the
> airport Wednesday on a report of a pilot disrupting the
> airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway and
> taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton said.
>
>
> Police said the suspect gave two officers a fake name.
> After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers tried to
> issue citations, police said.
>
> Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his plane, a
> 1937 DC-3A, police said. He started the engine and told one
> officer that if she moved, he would strike her car, police
> said.
>
>
> The officer, who was standing next to the plane, moved out
> of the way and summoned backup.
>
> More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies flooded
> the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued to
> taxi down the runway, police said.
>
>
> Gryder got to the end of the runway and tried to take off,
> but he was out of gas. Police arrested Gryder and took him
> to jail.
>
> Gryders actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting
> flights from departing or arriving, police said.
>
>
> He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45
> minutes, Clanton said. His actions created a danger
> for all of our officers, himself and others who lawfully use
> the airport.
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p;November
> is the Annual List Fund Raiser. Click
> http://www.matronics.com/contribution"
> target=_blank>http://www.matronicsp;
> -Matt Drahe r?Yak-List"
> target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List-->
>
>
>
>
>
>

Quote:
> .com/"

> target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
> ="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
> _blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
> et="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
> ttp://forums.matronics.com
>
>
>
>
> --
> Didier BLOUZARD
> didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com (didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com)
> 0624243672
>
>
>
>

Quote:
provided

Quote:

>

===========
="_blank">www.aeroelectric.com
ooks.com" target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com
et="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com
="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution
le, List Admin.
===========
rget="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
===========
http://forums.matronics.com
===========

--
Didier BLOUZARD
[quote][b]

mark.bitterlich(at)navy.m

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

Jack wrote the reply, not me Didier,

But you're right... I am not aware of what is like to fly in France and I'd be happy to take you up on your offer! Smile

Mark

--

smime.p7s
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  smime.p7s
 Filesize:  5.09 KB
 Downloaded:  366 Time(s)

jack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

I think you misread my comment, Mr. Blouzard, which was that ordinary citizens in US have become oh-so-whiny ... and litigious ... and that ordinary citizens in other parts of the world appear more likely to cheer than to flee or whine at at the sight of something fast and loud with spectral paint hanging on its slippery parts.

OK, my experience isn't everywhere though it has been gained in Nice, and in other spots in Europe where I've lived in past and in east Asia where I live now.

You likely will be delighted, as are residents, to see the Singaporean Black Knights working out over that city. SantaMonica Pier habitues will likely be sent wailing and hoping someone will notice them.

Many ordinary citizens of hold the idea that government is in place to help them. Not true. Government has a business to run and is in place to execute on its needs for cash flow.

If a citizen presents an opportunity for goverment to harvest cash, it will do so. Its a government employee's job to put money in goverment coffers.

The measure of a business is in its cash flow, those government folks have mighty individual power and know the way to both salary raises and to keep a job is to relieve citizen individuals of their money.

However, my comment was not about government, it was about a personal way of life that has finger pointing as a central theme.

That the finger pointing way is rampant in the US of the moment is well known. The way of blaming others, the whiny way.

The whiny way has a number of prominent subsets including "pay me, you have egregiously wronged me" though "I will become important if I complain" appears to be a prominent causal reason.

Jack

Quote:
Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 5:00 PM
Hi Mark,

unfortunately I think you are not aware of how it is to fly
in France. I can tell you that if you were trying a low pass
near Nice or Canne the cops will be at the airport waiting
for you. And not only for a fine !!!

We in France are all looking the US as a great country for
the freedom of flight and the consideration people have for
flightmen. Not in France I can tell you. It seems amazing
but this is it.
It is so much more complicated here when it comes to fly
!!!!

I propose that you come in France. Then we will together
make a trip from Paris to Nice, starting with the A class
around Paris, then the A class around Lyon, then all the
military zones. Do not forget to avoid a french speciality
since the 11th....the Temporary Forbiden Zones..(even if we
did not suffer like the US)...Not forgeting the control for
which you a a disturbance if you are not a commercial
flight...

I tryed to purchase a L39 and you can't imagine the
difficulties that the french administration is
consciensciously making to us. I forgot it for the moment.

If you pass by Paris, you will be more than welcome to
understand that and it will be my pleasure to make you fly
in my 18T or 52.

Kind regards

Didier

2009/11/17 xiaobao <aihuabao(at)yahoo.com>

>> ...  What do you think about these people fleing
and yelling...<<

Well, thats an important part of the issue. It wasn't
France, it was the Santa Monica Pier, CALIFORNIA USA, a
geograhical spot in which a goodly portion of the population
is known to mount irrational responses at the drop of hat,
whining even, on various issues in order to assert their
importance.

I guess if a low pass happend in Nice onlookers would be
cheering, like they do in other parts of the world.

Jack

--- On Tue, 11/17/09, Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com>
wrote:

> From: Didier Blouzard <didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com>

> Subject: Re: DC-3 Pilot in the News

> To: yak-list(at)matronics.com

> Date: Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 11:02 AM

> Hi Mark,

>  

> I would fully agree with you if there was not this

> freaking film of the L39 jet passing by and this
history of

> disturbing the airport ....

> Pricks are hiding everywhere!!!

> What do you think about these people fleing and

> yelling...on my point of you it is the mark of an

> irresponsible if it is not an AH (means Ass Hole!!!
in

> french!!!!)

>  

> kind regards

>

>

> 2009/11/17 Yak Pilot <yakplt(at)yahoo.com>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> SO...... an Airline Transport Pilot, ... in fact one

> who flies for Delta, a company that is not known to
hire

> idiots.... who is also rated in a DC3,  shuts down a
whole

> airport, tries to run over police officers... and Oh
my GOOD

> GOD.... "refuses to sign a  ticket".  
WOW! 

>

>

>  

> Well hell yes, SHOOT THAT SORRY PIECE OF ...
well... 

> never mind.   

>  

> Having had some personal experience with:

>  

> 1.  The news media.

> 2.  Airport Administrators. 

> 3.  Local police departments. 

>  

> I would bet a LARGE sum of money that this is a
rather

> trumped up set of charges because someone had the
outright

> gall not to be totally subservient to a Law
Enforcement

> Officer or better yet.... God Forbid..... a 
freaking

> Building Inspector !! 

>

>  

>  STOP RIGHT THERE YOU SORRY PIECE OF TRASH, GET DOWN

> IN THE DIRT AND PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOU HEAD, 
DON'T

> YOU KNOW I AM THE LOCAL BUILDING INSPECTOR?  
Yeah...

> right. 

>  

> Sorry Yak List Readers.... but this kind of news

> report just really fries my ass. 

>  

> Putting it simply. 

>  

> I DO NOT BELIEVE IT.    Oh yeah, it happened..
.but

> not like it has been reported here.  No way on
God's

> Green Earth. 

>  

> Of course, I could be wrong, but I really freaking

> doubt it.   Sorry, just my "BS meter"

> over-flowing and using the YAK List to vent. 

>  

> My sincere apologies.

>  

>  

>  

> Mark Bitterlich

>  

>

>

> --- On Fri, 11/13/09, N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com>

> wrote:

>

>

> From: N642K <mdecanio(at)mac.com>

> Subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News

>

> To: yak-list(at)matronics.com

> Date: Friday, November 13, 2009, 7:53 PM

>

>

>

> <mdecanio(at)mac.com>

>

> Jailed Delta pilot suspended

> Man accused of trying to run over Griffin police with
his

> private plane.

>

>

> By Megan Matteucci

> The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

> Friday, November 13, 2009

> Delta Air Lines has suspended a pilot while officials

> investigate charges he tried to run over two Griffin
police

> officers with his private plane.

>

>

> Dan Wayne Gryder, 48, remains in the Spalding County
jail,

> charged with two counts of aggravated assault and

> obstruction. He is being held without bond and is
scheduled

> to be arraigned on Friday, the sheriff’s office
said.

>

>

> Gryder, a Delta pilot and private aircraft instructor,
was

> arrested Wednesday at the Griffin-Spalding Airport.

>

> “He is suspended pending the completion into the

> investigation in this incident,” Delta spokesman
Anthony

> Black said Thursday.

>

>

> Griffin code enforcement officers were called to the

> airport Wednesday on a report of a pilot disrupting
the

> airport. Gryder was driving his car across the runway
and

> taxiway, Griffin Police Investigator Bryan Clanton
said.

>

>

> Police said the suspect gave two officers a fake
name.

> After learning the pilot was Gryder, the officers
tried to

> issue citations, police said.

>

> Gryder refused to sign the tickets and boarded his
plane, a

> 1937 DC-3A, police said. He started the engine and
told one

> officer that if she moved, he would strike her car,
police

> said.

>

>

> The officer, who was standing next to the plane, moved
out

> of the way and summoned backup.

>

> More Griffin officers and Spalding County deputies
flooded

> the area and ordered him to stop, but Gryder continued
to

> taxi down the runway, police said.

>

>

> Gryder got to the end of the runway and tried to take
off,

> but he was out of gas. Police arrested Gryder and took
him

> to jail.

>

> Gryder’s actions disrupted air traffic, prohibiting

> flights from departing or arriving, police said.

>

>

> “He essentially shut the airport down for almost 45

> minutes,” Clanton said. “His actions created a
danger

> for all of our officers, himself and others who
lawfully use

> the airport.”

>

>

>

>

> Read this topic online here:

>

>

> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.p; November

> is the Annual List Fund Raiser.  Click

> http://www.matronics.com/contribution"

> target=_blank>http://www.matronicsp;  

>     -Matt Drahe r?Yak-List"

> target=_blank>http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List  -->

>

>

>

>

>

>

> "_blank">www.aeroelectric.com

> .com/"

> target="_blank">www.buildersbooks.com

> ="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com

> _blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

> et="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

> ttp://forums.matronics.com

>

>

>

>

> --

> Didier BLOUZARD

> didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com

> 0624243672

>

>

>

>

> provided

>

>

===========

="_blank">www.aeroelectric.com

ooks.com"

et="_blank">www.homebuilthelp.com

="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

le, List Admin.

===========

rget="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

===========

http://forums.matronics.com

===========

--
Didier BLOUZARD
didier.blouzard(at)gmail.com

provided

jan.mevis(at)informavia.b

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: DC-3 Pilot in the News Reply with quote

I concur with this completely, and you can easily replace the word "US" with whatever western government you like.
Jan

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: