Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FS II 503 CHT cold?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slowaero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: FS II 503 CHT cold? Reply with quote

Hello All,

My FSII runs and flies great but CHT seems low. 503 duel carb. Prop is set so RPM is right on the money. EGT runs in the recommended range (860 to 1100 degrees F) but CHT hangs between 200 and 300. 330 only after prolonged full power climb. Plug electrodes are light brown. CHT gauge checks OK.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance,
SA

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

Last edited by slowaero on Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
zeprep251(at)AOL.COM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: FS II CHT vs EGT Reply with quote

SA,
I put 550 hrs on my 503 in a FS2 and the CHT,s rarely hit 300 and like yours only in a long full power climb.1100 egt,s and a very light tan plug color.i think the combination of fan cooling and ram air into the fan must be a factor.
G.Aman Mk-3C Jabiru 2200A 495hrs

Nature always sides with the hidden flaw

--

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: