Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sensenich propeller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Sensenich propeller Reply with quote

I recently talked to a friend of mine who is the Southeast distributor for the Paradise LSA.He told me that during one of his expos demonstrating the aircraft that excellent results have been reported on other aircraft by using the Sensenich composite ground adjustable propeller. He said, as an example, that the maker of the Apollo Fox was reporting a 10-15 mph increase in cruise speed with no other changes and it was very smooth running.
I had looked at this prop at Sebring and Lakeland and had wondered about it. You adjust the pitch by one screw on the nose which would sure be easier than my Warp.
My friend said they were going to put the Sensenich on the Paradise and try it out.
Has anyone tried this prop on a Kitfox ? The Apollo Fox is pretty much a clone so if it works on it, it should do the same for us.
I know that reported performance figures are often "baloney" but I thought I would just throw this out there. In any case I will let the group know the results if and when they test this prop on the Paradise. If it does give good results then it will be EBAY for my Warp (which has been a very good prop)
        Dick Maddux
        Fox 4
        912UL
        Milton,Fl

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List
jdmcbean(at)kitfoxaircraf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Sensenich propeller Reply with quote

Dick,
  We are a distributor for Sensenich and Whirlwind and I can tell you first hand that the 2 blade prop will have a vibration that you will not be happy with. We have tried both at length.. We now have a 3 blade Whirlwind on our S-LSA and have e new 3 blade Sensenich we are testing.
Fly Safe !!
John & Debra McBean
Ph 208.337.5111
www.kitfoxaircraft.com
"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

From: owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kitfox-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of catz631(at)aol.com
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2009 8:48 AM
To: kitfox-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Sensenich propeller

I recently talked to a friend of mine who is the Southeast distributor for the Paradise LSA.He told me that during one of his expos demonstrating the aircraft that excellent results have been reported on other aircraft by using the Sensenich composite ground adjustable propeller. He said, as an example, that the maker of the Apollo Fox was reporting a 10-15 mph increase in cruise speed with no other changes and it was very smooth running.

I had looked at this prop at Sebring and Lakeland and had wondered about it. You adjust the pitch by one screw on the nose which would sure be easier than my Warp.

My friend said they were going to put the Sensenich on the Paradise and try it out.

Has anyone tried this prop on a Kitfox ? The Apollo Fox is pretty much a clone so if it works on it, it should do the same for us.

I know that reported performance figures are often "baloney" but I thought I would just throw this out there. In any case I will let the group know the results if and when they test this prop on the Paradise. If it does give good results then it will be EBAY for my Warp (which has been a very good prop)

Dick Maddux

Fox 4

912UL

Milton,Fl
Quote:
www.aeroelectric.com
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Fox5flyer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Sensenich propeller Reply with quote

Dick, I don't have a Sensenich, but I can offer my opinion about the 10-15 mph airspeed increase over the Warp. The word you used "Baloney" says it all.
A small difference could be believable, but that is more than I can swallow. Probably best to find someone who doesn't have anything to gain to obtain an opinion about it.
Deke Morisse
Mikado Michigan
S5/Subaru/CAP 438+ TT
"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara
Desert, in five years there'd be a shortage of sand."
-- Nobel prize-winning economist Milton Friedman (1912-2006)

[quote] ---

lstaley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Sensenich propeller Reply with quote

If you are going to sell your Warp prop let me know I need one.
LeRoy
Kitfox5 Subaru ea-81
Missouri
[quote][b]

Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:44 am    Post subject: Sensenich propeller Reply with quote

John and Deke ,
Thanks for your replies ! I too think it is probably wishful thinking that you would get much of an improvement in airspeed by going to the Sensenich. It was not stated wether the Sensenich was a two blade or three. I asumed it was a two blade as it is the only one I have seen. In any case ,John could you post the results on the Whirlwind and Sensenich when you have them? I am not about to get rid of my Warp unless it is for a reasonable gain in performance and smoothness.As mentioned,the Warp has been a fine prop.
        Dick Maddux
        Fox 4-1200
        Rotax 912UL
        Milton,Fl
[quote][b]

propellerdesign(at)tele2.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 am    Post subject: Sensenich propeller Reply with quote

There was an test on different propeller on a Australian site, VG site?

the differences of all the tested propellers was an knot or two.

Say the difference is 16 miles, and the efficiency is 79% at 100, you need go from say 80 to 125 HP, or efficiency go from 79% to 123%

Sensenich make good propellers but not with a efficiency of 123%

Jan
www.jcpropellerdesign.com

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: