Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotec TBI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Strahan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Rotec TBI Reply with quote

It was bound to happen: I finally got some time at the airport!

I built an adapter to go from the TBI to the scat tubing so the TBI and adapter together are a drop-in replacement for the Bing as far as the airflow goes. The adapter is made from 1/4" phenolic with a 2.25" inch hole in which a 2.25" outer diameter aluminum tube was epoxy/flocked. I'll get the pics off my phone tomorrow.

I also assembled the regulator to the TBI with an AN-6 90 degree fuel fitting and an AN-6 to 1/4" NPT thread into the regulator. Pics tomorrow will also explaing.

I had to scrounge to find those particular parts, and the regulator is positioned nicely now.

THen some 1/16" aluminum angle to make a brace from the TBI to the regulator was fabricated.

A similar angle was made at the bottom of the phenolic block to attach the mixture control cable.

That cable and a longer throttle cable were both received from Aircraft Spruce last week.

Bottom line: It looks like it's all going to fit fine, and what I spent a few weeks scratching my head over is all going to come together.

If it quits raining I hope to fire up the engine tomorrow without the ability to lean the mixture, and then will keep working on routing new controls. I hope by this weekend I'll have my new mixture cable, primer, and throttle cables installed and be back flying.

Boy, I can't wait. This is so clean compared to the Bing. If it works well I'll be thrilled.

Buz, you still want the Hacman? It's yours for the taking. If not, next in line?

Update in a few days.

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
N1BZRich(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Rotec TBI Reply with quote

Sounds like good progress, Bill. Hope it works out well. We will put all your info and data in the newsletter when you get the chance. And yes, I would still like your Hacman. I was impressed with how it worked when I flew with in the demo. In the long run, if your TBI experiments work out, I may eventually switch to that as well - and would then pass the Hacman on to others.
Keep up the great work, and I look forward to putting all your experiences and data on the Rotec TBI in a future newsletter issue.
Buz

In a message dated 2/4/2010 12:15:24 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, bill(at)gdsx.com writes:
Quote:
--> Lightning-List message posted by: "Bill Strahan" <bill(at)gdsx.com>

It was bound to happen: I finally got some time at the airport!

I built an adapter to go from the TBI to the scat tubing so the TBI and adapter together are a drop-in replacement for the Bing as far as the airflow goes. The adapter is made from 1/4" phenolic with a 2.25" inch hole in which a 2.25" outer diameter aluminum tube was epoxy/flocked. I'll get the pics off my phone tomorrow.

I also assembled the regulator to the TBI with an AN-6 90 degree fuel fitting and an AN-6 to 1/4" NPT thread into the regulator. Pics tomorrow will also explaing.

I had to scrounge to find those particular parts, and the regulator is positioned nicely now.

THen some 1/16" aluminum angle to make a brace from the TBI to the regulator was fabricated.

A similar angle was made at the bottom of the phenolic block to attach the mixture control cable.

That cable and a longer throttle cable were both received from Aircraft Spruce last week.

Bottom line: It looks like it's all going to fit fine, and what I spent a few weeks scratching my head over is all going to come together.

If it quits raining I hope to fire up the engine tomorrow without the ability to lean the mixture, and then will keep working on routing new controls. I hope by this weekend I'll have my new mixture cable, primer, and throttle cables installed and be back flying.

Boy, I can't wait. This is so clean compared to the Bing. If it works well I'll be thrilled.

Buz, you still want the Hacman? It's yours for the taking. If not, next in line?

Update in a few days.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=284805#284805===============================================
_-= Use the ties Day ================================================ - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ================================================ - List Contribution Web Site sp;   ===================================================

[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

iflysmodel(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject: Rotec TBI Reply with quote

Hey Bill: If Buz d'oesnt take it I would like to give it a try.
Lynn Nelsen

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: