Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whirl Wind Props

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wise(at)txc.net.au

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:11 pm    Post subject: Whirl Wind Props Reply with quote

G'Day All,

A friend of mine asked me if I know anything about the Whirl Wind Vped Russian 2 blade V-530 prop blades as he is thinking of ordering a set for his 18T.
I know of them and have had a look at their site.

Have any of you fitted these blades and what was the result?
Aussie is a long way from the U.S. to buy something like these blades without feedback as we know of no one in Australia that has a set.
Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

www.whirlwindpropellers.com/v530/index.html

Thanks and cheers,
Chris.

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
cjpilot710(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject: Whirl Wind Props Reply with quote

Chris,

I've had a set on my CJ-6 for years. They are the best as far as I'm concerned. The finished blade is beautiful, and much better balanced. You will notice the smoothness right away. The one piece nickel leading edge, stands up well to abrasion. The back of the blade take the beating of course, but whatever they use seems to stand up to the abrasion there pretty well. I've always been very pleased with the way the prop cleans up and I gotten a lot of comments about how neat the prop looks. Whirl Wind does a great job, and I've never heard a bad word about the recondition V-530

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

radiopicture

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:06 pm    Post subject: Whirl Wind Props Reply with quote

M-14P.com also has hollow carbon fiber blades that look just like the Russian ones, and I think Whirlwind makes those as well. Certainly the re-done blades by Whirlwind are great (and pretty). The GT blades are also wonderful. Lots of options for the Russian hub.

On Feb 11, 2010, at 7:44 AM, cjpilot710(at)aol.com (cjpilot710(at)aol.com) wrote:
[quote] Chris,

I've had a set on my CJ-6 for years. They are the best as far as I'm concerned. The finished blade is beautiful, and much better balanced. You will notice the smoothness right away. The one piece nickel leading edge, stands up well to abrasion. The back of the blade take the beating of course, but whatever they use seems to stand up to the abrasion there pretty well. I've always been very pleased with the way the prop cleans up and I gotten a lot of comments about how neat the prop looks. Whirl Wind does a great job, and I've never heard a bad word about the recondition V-530.

Jim "Pappy" Goolsby

--

ReadeG(at)cairnwood.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:07 pm    Post subject: Whirl Wind Props Reply with quote

Chris:

I have had two sets of blades serviced by WW - and I agree with Pappy - excellent workmanship and a very fine finished product. I have had two issues - on one set the top coat on back of blades peeled off fairly soon after we installed them. WW redid the blades no questions asked - and covered shipping. Also - the back of the blades do get nicked up quite a bit - could be a function of where we primarily fly from, but I thought the original 530's held up ever so slightly better in this area.

Overall I believe you get very good value for the service and I would not hesitate recommending WW to you.

Reade Genzlinger
Yak-52TD

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of Chris Wise
Sent: Thu 2/11/2010 2:09 AM
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Whirl Wind Props
G'Day All,

A friend of mine asked me if I know anything about the Whirl Wind Vped Russian 2 blade V-530 prop blades as he is thinking of ordering a set for his 18T.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: